Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2004, 19:09   #16

Any idea where can I find out about latest sales figures of Fiat Palio / Petra ?
Old 18th June 2004, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (T_talwar @ June 18 2004,17:39)]Any idea where can I find out about latest sales figures of Fiat Palio / Petra ?
I have seen these kind of statistics in some issues of AutoCar India . Economic times too keeps publishing Auto *industry statistics.
As far as i know , The number of *units sold for Palio is not more than 1000 per month.
For the Petra (which is actually a Siena) *it must be much much lower.

-Beetle
Old 18th June 2004, 21:11   #18

Autocar gives very old data while eco times almost never mentions Palio / Fiat figures. Even I can see many new Palios on Delhi roads ( mostly Palio D) so was curious to know if sales are actually picking up. I don't have a car right now and people tell me to buy Xing / Zen / Alto / Wagon R but not Palio. My office provides me with Indica for pick / drop and only other car which I found comfortable after sitting in indica was Palio. In fact I hate sitting in cramped cars from Maruti/ Hyundai but people go on and on about Fiat ### in Delhi and Fuel efficiency ( Incidentally even Xing and Wagon R give 12-13 kmpl with AC in Delhi which are much lighter vehicles) . Then I read in forums about sudden discontinual of Palio 1.6 and people having cars in service centres for months for non availability of parts. So now you never know whether Fiat will continue with Palio or phase it out suddenly after Panda is introduced here (which I read is a roaring success in Europe) .
Also any idea when they are intoducing Panda or the new car from Toyota - Daihatsu in India ?
Old 18th June 2004, 22:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ May 08 2004,16:02)]i heard the palio sales are picking up
is this true
yes it is true
hyd is now littered with countless red and black palio d s
Old 18th June 2004, 22:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (T_talwar @ June 18 2004,19:41)]Then I read in forums about sudden discontinual of Palio 1.6 and people having cars in service centres for months for non availability of parts. So now you never know whether Fiat will continue with Palio or phase it out suddenly after Panda is introduced here (which I read is a roaring success in Europe) .
The Palio and Panda are in different segments . The Panda is smaller ,sophisticated and more fuel efficient.

I think Palio 1.6 found few buyers mainly because there is not much of an audience in India for a car that is perceived as a small car , that is hot on performance but not so great on fuel efficiency.

Fiat infact has launched a new look Palio in Brazil already.
It would be a pity if they discontinue the car in India.

-Beetle
Old 22nd June 2004, 18:20   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Check out SIAM INDIA. You may be able to source sales figures from them. Not so sure they would offer it free though.

SIAM have some very strict guidelines which are used to accurately gauge the sales figures of each manufacturer.

GTO
Old 22nd June 2004, 23:22   #22

I have already done that but they don't seem to show it on site, probably subscription to their Journals is needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks