Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 09:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am awaiting the EV sales figures for the month of November! Please update.
4W EV Registration Data for November 2022.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_094412.jpg

2W EV Registration Data for November 2022

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_094426.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th December 2022 at 09:45.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 09:59   #17
BHPian

When Altroz started to get acceptance, we could see that it was neck to neck with I20, sometimes even beating them by a few numbers. Everyone thought Hyundai did a goof-up with pricing and that it can never come back. Well 6-9 months down the line, I20 sells 50% more than Altroz. So the price was never an issue, to begin with.

Would be interesting to see the break-up of the I20 wrt N-line to see if that made the difference or is it that the NA engine of Hyundai is much much better than Altroz.

Also, I am curious to know if TATA has production constraints. I know they have a huge facility but are the production lines not ample enough to scale up?
RaghuVis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Citroen sold 804 units of the C3? For a 2022 entrant in the hot C1 segment its
Citron C3 should have been launched in 2010. This reminds me of the Fiat Punto: excellent driving characteristics, a great engine, and no attention paid to features. If you want to introduce a car in India, here are the bare-minimum features that a car must have in order to appeal to the general public. Everything else including safety comes later.

1. Touch screen – the bigger the better
2. Android auto/apple car play
3. Keyless entry
4. Push button start
5. LED DRL with projecter headlamp
6. Sunroof at least in the top variant
7. Rear ac, ventilated seat, window sun shade, puddle lamps, and ambient light add more value
swoosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghukodali View Post
Every time I see this thread, I keep wondering about Toyota vellfire. This is a 1 crore car and it keeps selling anywhere between 50 and 100 units per month and every month. Do we have any other car in the market which costs 1 crore and sells similar numbers month over month?

Whenever I go to the Toyota showroom to service my cars, I usually see a Vellfire getting ready to be delivered.
Well it gives what the buyers really want if they don't care about image or snob value. Being a Toyota doesn't hurt either.

There is a huge gap between the Innova Hycross and the Vellfire, where Toyota could very well slot in the Hiace based Granvia/Grandia/Majesty/Super Hiace/xxxxx and have huge sales. But why bother with cannibalising the Vellfire or Innova is what TKM might think.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

FADA Vehicle Retail Data for November 2022

November dispatch to Dealers, YOY improvement in all categories.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_114656.jpg

When compared with Nov’19, a pre-covid month, total vehicle retail closed in marginal positive territory with an increase of 1.5%. Except 2W, which saw a marginal dip of -0.9%, all the other categories were in green with 3W, PV, Trac & CV growing by 4%, 5%, 61% & 6% respectively.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-smartselect_20221209114944_twitter.jpg

OEM wise Passenger Vehicle Market Share Data for the Month of November 2022 with YoY comparison.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_114534.jpg

On a YoY basis, PV up by 21%.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_114552.jpg

OEM wise Two-Wheeler Market Share Data for the Month of November 2022 with YoY comparison.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-smartselect_20221209114929_twitter.jpg

On a YoY basis, 2-Wheeler up by 24%.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_114625.jpg

4W EV Registration Data for November 2022

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_094412.jpg

2W EV Registration Data for November 2022

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20221209_094426.jpg

- November 2022 clocked highest sales in the history of Indian Automobile Industry with March’20 as an exception when retails were higher due to BS-4 to BS-6 transition.

- On YoY basis, total vehicle retail for the month of November’22 saw a growth of 26%.

- Average inventory for PV ranges from 35 – 40 days

- Average inventory for 2W ranges from 30 – 35 days

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th December 2022 at 12:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:43   #21
BHPian

Good to see TATA doing pretty good with petrol/diesel cars and EVs as well. If we consider EVs also in calculation, we can see that TATA has been on 2nd place for a while. And I strongly feel Tata need a big strong petrol engine, which can secure its 2nd place or beyond(?) forever. We can understand importance of petrol engines by looking at Tiago and Tigor numbers, they are reaching 9-10k consistently.

Looks like Skoda/Vw group couldn't cash much on 5-star rating. It is a great achievement but this didn't reflect big into sales numbers. There was a slight bump though. This might be because end users have already trusted Kushaq and Slavia with its build quality based on brand value. Or end users are not giving much importance to these ratings. Hope my 2nd assumption is wrong.

Sad to see Honda becoming irrelevant slowly.

Mahindra should seriously consider ramping up production. Does anyone know Scorpio N numbers?
ramki.grandhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see Jazz being discontinued. 20 dispatches means its just clearance now. It was reliable and probably the safest hatch after Altroz. But Honda’s lethargy just killed it. I am a happy owner and intend to hold on to it as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
In a country that loves features, cost cutting on tachometer, rear wiper/washer would only fetch this.
Rear wash/wipe isn’t a fancy feature please. It’s a safety feature which every car should have. You can retrofit a touchscreen after market easily but this isn’t that straightforward. Even if it’s once in a blue moon requirement during heavy rain, at that one instance its very very useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post

Looks like Skoda/Vw group couldn't cash much on 5-star rating. It is a great achievement but this didn't reflect big into sales numbers.
In our market it takes time. Look at Nexon standing proudly at No.2 today. Who would have thought we will see 15k Nexons dispatched every month a few years ago? Even after gncap 5* it took its own sweet time to capture everybody’s imagination. I know at least 4-5 non-enthusiasts who went for Nexon because it was 5*. They all moved from swifts/i10s. Am sure Taigun/Kushaq/Slavia/Virtus will do better with time. But VW/skoda need to fix the issues quickly so that online reports can highlight the 5* more than issues with the car.

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th December 2022 at 15:06.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 15:50   #23
BHPian

I don't think that the Nexon does so well just riding on the 5 star or EV pony. The 5 star status gave it some internet eyeballs but what Nexon offers is beyond that. It's a solid, well rounded product which has evolved with the changing voice of customer. TATA has put in sustained efforts over a long span to get it where it is. All OEMs in India had the opportunity to do what TATA did but they did not invest energies in one product in this manner and hence have lost this segment to TATA.

The closest fighter today is still the Brezza but Suzuki energies are not as focussed on Brezza as TATA has on Nexon.
Carma2017 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 18:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Rear wash/wipe isn’t a fancy feature please. It’s a safety feature which every car should have. You can retrofit a touchscreen after market easily but this isn’t that straightforward. Even if it’s once in a blue moon requirement during heavy rain, at that one instance its very very useful.
Now that I read it, it sounds the way you perceived it. I meant, skimping on essential features. I completely agree on rear wiper/washer being a safety feather. I have always wanted the govt to mandate the same on manufacturers.
Old 9th December 2022, 18:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle retail sales up by 26% in November 2022

According to the data released by the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA), vehicle retail sales went up by 25.71% in November 2022, compared to the same month last year.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-1.jpg

Overall sales for the month of November 2022 stood at 23,80,465 units, compared to 18,93,647 units in November 2021. Compared to November 2019, when 23,44,783 units were sold, total vehicle retails have increased by 1.52%.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-2.jpg

Tractor sales increased by 56.81%, from 49,737 units in November 2021 to 77,993 units last month.

Two-wheeler sales increased by 23.61% to 18,47,708 units from 14,94,797 units in November 2021.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-3.jpg

Three-wheeler sales were up by 80.34% in November 2022. 74,473 units were sold, compared to 41,296 units in November 2021.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-4.jpg

Passenger vehicle sales went up by 21.31% compared to the previous year. 3,00,922 units were sold last month, compared to 2,48,052 units in November 2021.

Commercial vehicle sales also increased by 32.80%. 79,369 units were sold in November 2022, compared to 59,765 units in the previous year.

November 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-5.jpg

When it comes to vehicle sales, the festive cheer continued into the wedding season, as all categories recorded growth. Better availability of model mixes from past months, new launches and an increase in rural demand kept the PV segment in the green. Demand for compact SUVs, SUVs and higher variants remained strong.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 08:46   #26
BHPian

The cry wolf of chip shortage has finally caught it seems, December may even be worse. I am most surprised by the Harrier and Safari numbers. They are not so different from Mahindra stable in price, performance, features. They are as niggly as Mahindra cars and have as many service issues as them, if one were to think of problems.On there other hand have done a decent job in producing an India designed and made good SUV.
But Mahindra probably has done a better job in positioning it as a strong, sturdy, feature rich Indian made vehicle, comparatively easy on the pocket and long life. Tata seems to be taking it lying down. Hope they push harder and convert some of the long waiting list sufferers of other cars to their buyers.
neerajku is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 10:10   #27
BHPian

It's interesting that vehicle sales keep increasing despite interest rates hovering at 8.5%, and expected to soon test 9%.
buzzy_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 10:30   #28
BHPian

TVS I-Qube has displaced Ather at the No.5 slot in EV-2W market, and is closing in on Hero Electric and Okinawa for the 3rd place, Looks like they have finally been able to ramp up their production and sort out some niggles in the vehicle apparently due to which production was stopped for a while in October.
JShah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 11:58   #29

The tough competition between TML, Hyundai with M&M catching up is good for India Automotive scenario.

Looking at the numbers of, there might be a tough competiton between Hyryder and Grand Vitara. Wait and watch to see which Japanese counterpart will lead in coming days.

Maruti on top of table as always. However, decline in dominance is evident. Hope MSIL management id keeping eye on it.

New Baleno is more eye catching than the old. It was on the test drive list of many during festive season. No surprise in the numbers.

Strong show by Nexon and Punch. Truly the transformers of TML.

Consistent numbers of XUV700. Despite being a great new launch, low numbers of Scorpio? constraint in production or delivery issues?

Citroen need to fire them up. No enthusiasm visible.

It will be nice if the EV is separated out for each model. It will throw a good picture. Experts: Pls consider.
TeaPot1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 12:01   #30
BHPian

1. Sales in the first 11 months have CROSSED all sales of previous years and have already hit a record high. Next month's sales will only cement this number further.

2. Cars below the 10 lakhs mark which sold over 80% a decade ago are below the 50% mark for the year for the very first time. It is another debate on why car prices are going up and the solutions if any to that

3. The Tatas are up 47% already (without Dec sales) over 2021. Their 3-year sales CAGR is a whopping 47.1% (without Dec sales in) and should cross 50% this year's end. I hope readers understand the consequences of what these numbers mean. They are less than 1% away from Hyundai in terms of overall market share and should take over the 2nd rank next year. Investors, think through, please! The only caveat is the serious competition Mahindra is giving them in the large SUV segment with their XUV700 offering which has beaten the combined sales of Tata Harrier and Safari.

4. Hyundai on the contrary is at around 0% in terms of growth (actually slightly negative) and nowhere in terms of their all-time high of 550k numbers attained in 2018. Their lack of focus on the lower end of the market where they have virtually thrown in the towel (Santro has been discontinued and i10 has crashed in numbers by over a third, and the i20 is again down by almost 40%). Their saving grace is the Creta and the Venue.

5. There is MAJOR scope for the two stellar Indian companies of Tata and Mahindra to make a mark in the mid-sized SUV segment currently ruled by the likes of the Creta and the Seltos. The 3-year CAGR here is a massive 25%+. Mahindra has made the smart move of lengthening the XUV300 to a 4.2-meter car for the XUV400 EV slated to be released in January 2023

Last edited by niranjanprabhu : 10th December 2022 at 12:02.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks