Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2007, 14:40   #31
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
more than anything, i'm hoping this car will not cater 'much' to the taxi segment
If it is diesel, spacious and somewhat reliable, the taxi-tour types are going to buy it. Nothing anyone can do about it.

But it is likely they will go for the cheaper TATA engined versions, and not the FIAT motor variants. And I would not be surprised if TATA have some visual distinctions between the two types.

Old 7th July 2007, 15:32   #32
BANNED

Let the Taxi guys buy it! What is so bad in that?
In many countries, Mercs are used as Local taxies. It doesn't stop me from loving that car.
Old 7th July 2007, 15:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

for your eyes only shan...

Shan, Could this be the one? I saw this picture of the "new Indica" in a videsi carforum:

-The head lights are sleek (similar to the ones on the NHC).
-The windsheild was really large...
-The crease that runs along the side is now at the door handle level...??
-The door handles now look like the ones on the Innova...??

cheers
Old 7th July 2007, 18:17   #34
BHPian

The new Indica as Described Shan, really llok good. If Tata's put the Fiat engine on it, then it should be good challenger to the swift.
Old 7th July 2007, 18:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Shan, Could this be the one? I saw this picture of the "new Indica" in a videsi carforum:
cheers
Uh-Oh. These are almost awful proportions (and style) for a 2008 vehicle. I have a huge amount of respect for Tata's but this feels like more taxi material on the way. I wish they'd try and make more expressive styles rather than be as conservative as they've shown themselves to be so far
Old 7th July 2007, 18:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car i saw had much better proportions. Just imagine a more aerodynamic Indica.

Shan2nu
Old 7th July 2007, 19:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

do you mean like this one??? (source of pics : Overdrive)

Old 7th July 2007, 20:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do you mean like this one??? (source of pics : Overdrive)
The ones i saw had proper headlights n not the square ones like in the pick. This might have been one of the early stages of the prototype.

Shan2nu
Old 7th July 2007, 22:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good find, boys.

The prototype with cladding has been disguised to look like the present generation Indica, though upon closer inspection it is evident that not a single feature is shared, with the exception of the ORVMs.
Old 7th July 2007, 23:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting those OD images geeksrik. But ACI images had more clearer shot of the center mounted instrumentation.
But is it only the cardboard panels (peeling off, by the look of it) or does the car really have a higher waistline?
I think the pic posted by sandeepmdas, is not quite on the mark. First, the C-pillar isnt all that curvy. Then there is no quarter glass visible on the rear door.
Old 8th July 2007, 00:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I dont see any benefit of this center setup apart from saving costs in building RHD and LHD versions.

Since the Headlights are more like NHC, and the light catcher line as explained by you, I have a feeling this will end up looking like a NHC with no tail. Meaning when Fit/Aria arrives it will only be a familiar face. (But Fit/Aria/Jazz has a different headlight to NHC)
Yes, Tata want to keep engineering costs low. The have big plans for the new Indica, and thank the lord for that Fiat engine decision. This one has to be relatively problem free from day 1. If the Jazz was the benchmark for refinement, then its a start.

I wonder if the new Indigo will be a slightly differentiated product this time. Does anyone has info on the likely petrol engines? This will have a bearing on TATA export plans as well. Lets wait and watch.
Old 11th July 2007, 19:40   #42
Team-BHP Support

Spotted the same car (as featured in OD) on my way to Ranjangaon Fiat factory today:

Old 11th July 2007, 19:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

The car has an almost MPV-ish stance from the above pics, much like the Indiva concept we saw from Tata.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

wow. thanks moral.... the car is too much european. but rear shape is same as current indica i think
Old 11th July 2007, 20:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wow. thanks moral.... the car is too much european. but rear shape is same as current indica i think
They still haven't finalised the rear design. So the production version might look diff.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks