Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 00:55   #121
BHPian

nice work buddy....but when we will see Swift Sean photo
Old 20th September 2007, 01:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't it look ugly in this photograph? Hope they did something about the waistline. But I guess too late.
Old 20th September 2007, 01:54   #123
Team-BHP Support

From the latest pic, looks a lot like the old Indica, and not very different.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:58   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
From the latest pic, looks a lot like the old Indica, and not very different.
I totally agree, looks almost the same from that angle. Maybe the rear windows are a bit smaller, but even thats difficult to say.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:27   #125
girishbhat

Any idea about the launch date. I'm planning to buy Indica. Is it worth waiting or go for year-end discount.

Old 26th November 2007, 20:57   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishbhat View Post
Any idea about the launch date. I'm planning to buy Indica. Is it worth waiting or go for year-end discount.
Tata changes Indica's design almost every year. So even if you wait and buy, you can see a renovated Indica soon after. :-)
Old 27th November 2007, 12:09   #127
BHPian

OT
I wish TATA launch export models in India. Export Models already has ABS + EBD + Airbags for Indica , Indigo.
If you see interiors they are very good.
Tata Motors International : Products : TATA Indigo
Old 27th November 2007, 12:10   #128
girishbhat

No . I'm talking about the new generation Indica x1 with FIAT engine

Old 29th November 2007, 12:51   #129
BHPian

I saw this new Indica on X1 today. I have seen these cars in past but the difference I notice was change in head lamp and front design. This time I saw two new Indicas following each other. The head lamp was circular like Spark or Merc. Grill design is changed. Even taillamps design is changed.
And yes, there was absolutely no noise from engine while it was passing thru. Last time when it pass thru I could make it it's Indica. I think they might have changed engine , may be fiat one. One thing I must say, this car looks different from current one, it looks really big as well.
Old 29th November 2007, 19:09   #130
BHPian

I assume it can not be drastic change, since production should start soon. May be you have noticed a new set of Fiat hatches or the export Variants and prototypes for Delhi Auto expo Jan 2008
Old 30th November 2007, 09:50   #131
girishbhat

New Indica and Indigo are ready for an early 2008 launch
Hot Wheels: Indica & Indigo to get makeover- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

but
it will price the new Indica around Rs 4.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh.

Old 30th November 2007, 10:18   #132
BHPian

Here is what ET Says.
Hot Wheels: Indica & Indigo to get makeover- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
MUMBAI: Even as all eyes are focused on the one-lakh car, auto major Tata Motors, is quietly working on giving an all-new look for its first launches, Indica and the Indigo.

The cars are being developed on a completely new platform and being readied for an early 2008 launch. The much-hyped one lakh car, to be showcased in the Jan ‘08 Delhi auto expo is likely to be rolled out by Sep ‘08.

The new Indica will have new lights, grill and a brand new suspension. While it will sport the 1.3 litre Fiat diesel engines, the new Indica is also likely to be much wider, have more interior room and improved safety features. While it’s not clear if the Indica will continue, sources indicate that the company may retain the base variants at lower price points. A Tata Motors spokesperson when contacted said ‘as a policy we do not comment on future product launches.’

Sources indicate that the new car may have a different name and the engines are being developed by Fiat, Tata Motors’ JV partner. While a car’s lifecycle is around 8 years, Indica has been around since 1998. Sources indicate that this change was much needed as the Indica and Indigo sales have been under pressure over the last few months. The company along with its dealers has been offering discounts to reduce inventory. While pricing details are not clear, sources indicate that it will price the new Indica around Rs 4.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh.

The company is believed to be working on reducing the length of the Indigo to get excise benefits. While the Indigo and the Indigo Marina will continue, company is hoping to rope in whole new set buyers who can take advantage of the reduced price. In the recent budget, the finance ministry stipulated that the length of a small car should be 4,000 mm to avail of excise duty benefits. Incidentally, even the new Indigo will sport the Fiat powertrain.

Recently Tata Motors announced the launch of a new SUV, Safari Dicor with a 2.2 litre Direct Injection Common Rail engine.

While Indigo (which also includes the Marina) sales have fallen by 9% to 16,665 units, Indica sales were marginally up by 2% to 80,126 units in the April-October 2007 period.

Last edited by mrkanitkar : 30th November 2007 at 10:20.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:33   #133
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as per a news report in today ETimes new indica and indigo with fiat engines are expected in early 2008. the report also states that the expected price of new indica as 4.5 to 5.5 lakhs
Old 30th November 2007, 17:17   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
as per a news report in today ETimes new indica and indigo with fiat engines are expected in early 2008. the report also states that the expected price of new indica as 4.5 to 5.5 lakhs
I doubt ET's guesstimate regarding price. 4.5-5.5 lacs is Swift territory. Given Tata's reputation as a value-for-money automaker, people would expect the car to be priced lower than Swift diesel. At that price, they'd rather buy the Swift!
Old 30th November 2007, 17:39   #135
BHPian

IF Tata can take care of the glitches in the earlier Indica I am sure they can give Swift a run for the money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks