Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 13:24   #46
BHPian

re: KA HC allows BH series to private employees

In the current scenario where Karnataka RTOs are not entertaining BH requests from private sector employees, what prevents employees of private sector firms (which are eligible for BH registration) from buying and BH registering a new vehicle outside Karnataka and driving the BH registered vehicle to Karnataka?

Many (if not most) of the private sector employees will be having a domicile proof from some other state and hence can buy a vehicle with that domicile / ID proof and can get a BH registration as well. I know a couple of folks who have successfully gone this route.

Loss of revenue as well as tax to the Karnataka government due to a silly and shortsighted move by the Karnataka RTO authorities.
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 14:58   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
In the current scenario where Karnataka RTOs are not entertaining BH requests from private sector employees, what prevents employees of private sector firms (which are eligible for BH registration) from buying and BH registering a new vehicle outside Karnataka and driving the BH registered vehicle to Karnataka?

Many (if not most) of the private sector employees will be having a domicile proof from some other state and hence can buy a vehicle with that domicile / ID proof and can get a BH registration as well. I know a couple of folks who have successfully gone this route.

Loss of revenue as well as tax to the Karnataka government due to a silly and shortsighted move by the Karnataka RTO authorities.
Those who are purchasing the vehicle on bank loan, the are going to need certain documentation and its all seamless when you are going for the normal process of a KA plate, so most of them in this category wont bother with BH.

Those who are settled in Bangalore will want a certain KA0X to associate with their locality, so that category also will favor KA plates. Given KA has high taxes, I think the RTO is aware of this well enough. It is rare to see daily driven non-KA vehicles in CBD.
Old 10th February 2023, 20:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Update on BH Series WP.

As expected, Karnataka has filed an appeal before the division bench.(WA 191/2023)

I will keep you all posted as an when it is listed for admission.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:10   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Update on BH Series WP.

As expected, Karnataka has filed an appeal before the division bench.(WA 191/2023)

I will keep you all posted as an when it is listed for admission.

Waseem.....

Hello Waseem Sir
Any update on today's hearing?
Old 6th March 2023, 21:45   #50
BHPian

Planning on buying a new driver driven car but will wait till BH happens. Has anyone done it in another state and brought the car into Karnataka, what problems if any have you faced? Which state did u get it from?
Old 15th March 2023, 19:29   #51
BHPian

Any one aware of the outcome of the last siting? The case status page has not been updated as well. https://karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.i...b/casemenu.php (WA 191/2023) . eagerly waiting for the verdict.
arun_sharon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 19:54   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Not happening in KA yet. A team-mate tried to get a BH series car in Bangalore, but is now getting the car from her home-town.
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:08   #53
BHPian

Looks like none of the dealerships are supportive of BH. Can someone who works in the private sector and has done a BH registration in Karnataka, please let me know the process they followed?
xavierk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierk View Post
Looks like none of the dealerships are supportive of BH. Can someone who works in the private sector and has done a BH registration in Karnataka, please let me know the process they followed?
I want to know the same.
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:52   #55
BHPian

+1. I have been waiting for a similar feedback. My company is willing to give me all the supporting documentation but no dealer is ready to take it up.
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

This just goes to show how grandiose schemes can be undone at the ground level, the hype around this did get my hopes up for a while. Right now, this scheme is available to to anyone who is not from Karnataka, or is able to provide address proof in many of the other states that allow this.

BH should have been rolled out nationally at this stage.
Old 6th April 2023, 13:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Update on BH Series WP.

The matter was listed today before the Chief Justice. (Court Hall No.1)

The arguments have been completed and the matter is reserved for judgement. Interim relief was not granted to the state government as they had applied for stay.

I will update you as an when the matter is posted for Judgement.

Fingers crossed.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 12:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning on buying a new driver driven car but will wait till BH happens. Has anyone done it in another state and brought the car into Karnataka, what problems if any have you faced? Which state did u get it from?
My dad drives a BH reg car that we got in Mumbai. Now he's moved to Bangalore from Jan 2023. No issues till now. People are curious about the number.

At many places - esp the automated apps like myGate etc, don't allow entry of BH numbers, so security enters the 4 digits in the number and calls it a day.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 10:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
My dad drives a BH reg car that we got in Mumbai. Now he's moved to Bangalore from Jan 2023. No issues till now. People are curious about the number.

At many places - esp the automated apps like myGate etc, don't allow entry of BH numbers, so security enters the 4 digits in the number and calls it a day.
How long has it been in bangalore? do cops stop and bother him about out of state registration? were there any complications with insurance? have you check if it is possible for him to pay the roadtax in karnataka after 2 years?
Old 9th April 2023, 19:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How long has it been in bangalore? do cops stop and bother him about out of state registration? were there any complications with insurance? have you check if it is possible for him to pay the roadtax in karnataka after 2 years?
Since Jan in Bangalore. No cop issues. Infact they hardly bother. No complications with insurance. We got outside quote and the dealer was kind enough to match it. Will be paying tax next year, as the car will complete the first year next month. Will weigh in the options to pay in MH or KA based on convenience. Technically, we can just keep paying to MH and it should be fine.

If the KA authorities don’t take in the tax, there’s always the option to pay in other state (MH in our case).
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks