Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2004, 03:01   #16
BANNED

last i heard everything was computerized in this country lol. still ppl use their pull and get jhols done. and bombay is the metro of jhols. kinda nice i guess cuz if u stayed abroad there is no ways u were gettin off paying a cop 30 bucks for breaking a signal
Old 22nd June 2004, 15:24   #17
BHPian

there is no way u can have same nos.. but considering some special cases like AP ex CM he had all same that is purly for security reasons. if u find any such duplications plz do inform cops so that u can save some crime or tax escapers etc etc. here in AP the RTOs r computerised.
Old 22nd June 2004, 15:42   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Well i have a funny story too. When we bought a new sumo for the office about a year back i kept noticing discepancies in the paperwork. Sometimes the number was XXYZ and sometimes XXZY. That confused me so much that i went down and checked what the number on the car was. Then i called the dealer and they said it was wrong. So then i sent my driver to check the number again. and he came up and said its the same number that the dealer said it was.
By now everyone was really confused....so we went down to take a look at the car again... and i said "see its XXYZ and everyone else was like "NO its XXZY".....then we realised that the front and back number plates on the same car were different!! lol (number plates had been supplied by the dealer)

R

Old 23rd June 2004, 12:59   #19
BHPian

ok the prime minister office is allowed to have different cars with the same numbers. this is for security. the pmo has 5 differrent white ambasadors with the exact same numbers. and when the pm is climbing into the car he is totally covered by secuirty and no one knows which car he gets into. i dont think anybody else in the country is allowed to do this.
Old 23rd June 2004, 18:21   #20
Team-BHP Support

Its ILLEGAL in india, people do this to avaoid RTO tax, done by tour operating guys to avoid taxing again.

They were planning to bring personalised number plates in, but the govt hasnt dedcided or given a go ahead yet.
Old 23rd June 2004, 18:44   #21
Tom
BHPian

People dont understand the seriousness of this. Maybe it's cos the punishment isnt harsh enough.
Old 23rd June 2004, 19:57   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ June 23 2004,16:51)]Its ILLEGAL in india, people do this to avaoid RTO tax, done by tour operating guys to avoid taxing again.

They were planning to bring personalised number plates in, but the govt hasnt dedcided or given a go ahead yet.
Theres a trade in qualis's - my cousin wanted to buy what was a "factory reject" from a dealer - rejected due to small scratches. I looked at it - 700 km - hold it, the factory is only 50km, so it was rejected by more than a mile, again Toyota never sell "seconds" they would rather crush the car - if one noticed the pitted headlights, that told another story
Old 23rd June 2004, 20:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Z category security norms allow such stuff (same number) in India

Old 23rd June 2004, 22:14   #24
Team-BHP Support

a certain importer located on linking road/khar is known for doing this sort of thing. the same chap also has a showroom in prabhadevi, i think..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks