Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2023, 07:33   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
This sort of contradicts Honda's earlier statement that all its cars from 2009 are E20 compliant!
I believe it means that they have been officially certified to be E20-compliant in India now. Earlier, it may have been so certified under different foreign jurisdictions.
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:39   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Octavia Superb have been discontinued for good, at least with the 2.0 TSi . That engine’s RDE compliant version comes mated with the 4x4 drivetrain configuration.
Any idea if the Tiguan being sold in India currently is E20 compliant?

Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd May 2023 at 11:52. Reason: Quote content trimmed
pinnaclecap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 13:12   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Any idea if the Tiguan being sold in India currently is E20 compliant?

Thanks.
There is a studied silence from VW and Skoda on E20 compliance for Tiguan and Kodiaq. The manual says E10 max.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:53   #184
BHPian

Quote:
There is a studied silence from VW and Skoda on E20 compliance for Tiguan and Kodiaq. The manual says E10 max.
Then we will wait for them to break their silence...or wait till the give us a post April 2023 manufactured model. Don't want to put down close to 40 lacs and then worry about my car engine corroding away.

It's amazing, how limited our options are even with a 35/40 lac budget. I am just back from Thailand, and they have some really nice cars.
Old 4th May 2023, 04:38   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tourer View Post
As per Toyota Innova Hycross owners manual, Hycross is E10 complaint.
Toyota should have at least launched a new model like Hycross E20 complaint right from the beginning as only after 2 months since production they will have to make it E20 complaint as per new rule.
https://www.v3cars.com/news/all-toyo...-e20-flex-fuel

Well as per this "official" statement all Toyota cars (hopefully the ones made by MS) have been E20 compliant since 2013.

Pretty confusing !
Old 5th May 2023, 18:44   #186
BHPian

Quote:
So, the newly re-launched Kodiaq would also not be compatible with E20 fuel? Crazy...

Quote:
So, with a budget of 35-40 lacs...which car does one buy? I live in the NCR and after much deliberation had narrowed it down to the Tiguan and now this E20 story crops up. Electric is a problem as I head out of town often and don't want to be struggling with Range anxiety. would really appreciate some input. Tempted to make a new thread but am sure it will be deleted on account of being repetitive

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by graaja : 5th May 2023 at 19:29. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 21st May 2023, 04:18   #187
BHPian

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/99155663.cms

This article is spot on. There is no awareness of E10, forget about E20. I have never spoken to anyone who is even aware that he is filling in E10 petrol now and it is different than what he used to fill a couple of years ago.

The government might be able to replace E10 with E20 with minimum protests etc.
Old 21st May 2023, 08:27   #188
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Lack of awareness amongst public is helping the GoI smoothly execute it's agenda :

Under the pretext of environmental protection, look what the Indian motorist has been subjected to :

(1) Diesel car ban within NCR region, whilst BS3 commercial vehicles can emit black smoke and ply, all this, despite the utilization % of a car being the lowest of all vehicles - 90% of the time a car is parked, whilst a commercial vehicle is parked only 10% of the time. This clearly smells of heavy of lobbying by MSIL, because they couldn't make a BS6 diesel engine on their own

(2) Age-limit rule on petrol vehicles - clearly a result of heavy lobbying by the auto industry as a whole, to make the 'projected sales' dreams from their pie charts a reality.

(3) This current decision to move the target for E20 blend from 2030 earlier into 2025 - this smells of heavy lobbying by the sugarcane mafia.

Unfortunately, the media projected image of a "car owner" is that of a person who can afford food/shelter/clothing for his family, so there is no "news-value" in projecting him as a victim - either it has to be illiterate/poor/beggar people with a hand-to-mouth existence where there is scope for garnering 'sympathy' (thin bodies, helpless expressions) OR it has to be about bollywood/uber-rich businessmen where some tiny mistake can be projected as 'look at this cruel monster'. The typical educated middle class person has no 'news value' , so things like this will never become a 'national issue'.

Actually it is a 'national issue'. Right from 2 wheelers to autorickshaws to cars - all of them are going to be affected eventually, paving the way for a huge boost in sale of spare parts for auto companies, whilst also keeping sugarcane people happy, whilst also keeping GoI happy by importing 20% lower volume of crude. All in all - let us squeeze the citizen, and give the money to (i) GoI (ii)Sugarcane farmer landlords (iii)Spare parts vendors
venkyhere is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 11:53   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
Well as per this "official" statement all Toyota cars (hopefully the ones made by MS) have been E20 compliant since 2013.

Pretty confusing !
Does that mean new Grand Vitara Strong hybrid is E20 compliant. Dealer says it is but I wonder what the owners manual actually mentions here.
Old 25th May 2023, 20:36   #190
Team-BHP Support

Out of curiosity, I checked on Mini. It does say E25
Attached Thumbnails
List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_3972.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 22:46   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
BMW petrol engine have been E25 compatible since long; much before 01 April 2023 rollout date.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 21:52   #192
Senior - BHPian

Has E20 been rolled out in Mumbai ? I haven't seen any E20 labels on any of the pumps i fill up at including 2 different COCO pumps.

Conspiracy theory time : I have seen a drop in fuel economy over the last couple of months. I assumed it was because of increased compressor load of the AC because it's been a hot summer but maybe it's because the standard fuel has gone from E10 to E20 ? Back in the day I had seen a similar drop with the rollout of E10 on my BS3 car
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 23:16   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Conspiracy theory time : I have seen a drop in fuel economy over the last couple of months. I assumed it was because of increased compressor load of the AC because it's been a hot summer but maybe it's because the standard fuel has gone from E10 to E20 ? Back in the day I had seen a similar drop with the rollout of E10 on my BS3 car
You can be right.

Higher Ethanol will result in lower fuel efficiency since ethanol has 30% lesser energy compared to petrol.
Old 27th May 2023, 04:23   #194
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You’re lucky. My 11 year old Mini cant drink anything beyond E10 juice.
Attached Thumbnails
List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_9033.jpeg  

List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_5218.jpeg  

List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_0028.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 06:28   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post

Actually it is a 'national issue'. Right from 2 wheelers to autorickshaws to cars - all of them are going to be affected eventually, paving the way for a huge boost in sale of spare parts for auto companies, whilst also keeping sugarcane people happy, whilst also keeping GoI happy by importing 20% lower volume of crude.
What can we as consumers do? Is it possible to stop buying cars and extend the ones we have a wee bit further ? Probably the majority of car sales now are in the category of replacement/ upgrade or additional purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks