Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2004, 23:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

This happened today afternoon when i was heading home. Just as we passed an intersection, i saw this Santro guy bending down and looking under the car. i thought "maybe he's searching for something" but as i got closer everything fell into perspective.

This dude, who was in a hurry to reach the railway station had managed to take his car over a couple of boulders that were kept as road dividers and not juts that, he even managed to drag one of them under his car for around 10-15 meters.

Now the stone was stuck under the car and the car wouldn't budge. I stopped my car and asked him to get me his jack, but he didn't know how to remove it from a sort of lock it was fixed to. So i got my jack from the Vtec and started raising it, just then we were joined by 2 more ppl who reccomended that we try and lift the car while one person removes the stone from underneath.

That seemed to work and we got the car rolling in a few secs. Now we don't know what sort of damage the stone might have caused under the car, but his right front wheel was bent and the front bumper had been damaged at the bottom.

I still can't understand how he managed to get that stone under his car coz it was huge.

One bad thing was that off all the 50+ vehicles that passed that way within that time, only 3 off us stopped to help him out. Others would just stop, look and take off. That attitude has to change if India has to develop.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 28th June 2004, 04:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

great to have people like u around.u cud have just gone by this santro guy like others ,but that u stopped to help him simply shows how much iu care for ur car.
u wud not believe it but i was planning to start a topic on the same lines.
i always make it a point to remove any large stone on the right hand sides of our 4,6highways either in mumbai or anywhere.there are people who think i am a bit mad ,but only a person who luvs his car will do this as we wud never want to see someone else's car damaged.
Old 28th June 2004, 13:41   #3
Max
BHPian

Guys,

Don't you think others might be in hurry to reach some where. Ofcourse, i would also do the same job as you guys while i am not in hurry.

cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks