Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2023, 14:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti introduces Nexa Black Editions of Ignis, XL6 & Grand Vitara

Maruti Suzuki is said to have introduced a new 'Pearl Midnight Black' colour option for its Nexa range. The new all-black variants are branded as ‘Nexa Black Edition’.

Name:  marutinexablackeditionlaunchpricevitara747x420.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  68.8 KB

The new black colour option is available on select variants of the Ignis, XL6 and Grand Vitara. According to an internal document, the Ignis Black Edition is offered in Zeta and Alpha variants. The XL6 comes in Alpha and Alpha+ trims, while the Grand Vitara Black Edition is available in Zeta, Alpha, Alpha AWD, Zeta+ Hybrid and Alpha+ Hybrid trims.

Name:  marutinexablackeditionlaunchprice768x510.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  103.1 KB

Apart from the new Pearl Midnight Black colour, Maruti hasn’t made any changes to the cars. Prices for the Nexa Black Editions are yet to be revealed. It’s unclear if customers will be charged more just for the new colour.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 15:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti introduces Nexa Black Editions of Ignis, XL6 & Grand Vitara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The new black colour option is available on select variants of the Ignis, XL6 and Grand Vitara.
Why dont they introduce it on the New Baleno ??
Chandler Bing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 15:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is an interesting cycle - discontinuing black from the available palate, wait a couple of years, relaunch Black/ Dark editions at a premium (at least with Tata, not sure how Maruti will price this...)

I hope other manufacturers too don't jump into this new money-making technique. Black may have it's disadvantages like heat absorption in tropical climate like ours, maintenance, etc. But there's always been a sizeable chunk of buyers who prefer it...
ph03n!x is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 16:23   #4
BHPian

If the Baleno was available in black colour in 2017, I would have bought it. I hope Volkswagen bring black colour cars. All manufacturers should bring black colour cars. I believe it is a popular colour in the US. It is hard work to clean them, but for some who enjoy polishing and waxing, black colour would be awesome.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th January 2023 at 19:34. Reason: Language
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th January 2023, 16:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
If black colour Baleno was available in 2017 I would have bought it. I hope Volkswagen bring black colour cars. All manufacturers should bring black colour cars. I believe it is a popular colour in the US. It is a hard work to clean, but for some who enjoy polish and wax, black colour would be awesome.
I was wondering why the Slavia and Virtus weren’t available in black. It looked good on the Rapid and Vento. The “new” grey, on the other hand, looks mediocre.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 16:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Black is one colour that's hard to maintain with a clean look, especially in Indian conditions, shows dirt like no other colour and is a resale disaster. I'd stay away from this colour.
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 17:31   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Nice, Black looks good on these cars. I wonder why they didn't introduce it earlier. Is there a chance they might price the Nexa Black Edition at a premium?
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 17:51   #8
BHPian

Black colored cars can be high maintenance from an Indian consumer's perspective due to the fact that they show dirt and scratches more easily than lighter colored cars.

With car-detailing franchisees making their way into 2 and 3 tier cities, we might expect that the next generation of car owners in these cities is becoming more interested in maintaining the appearance of their vehicles. In particular, many of these young car owners are looking to add high-quality ceramic coatings and paint protection films to keep their cars looking their best.

Matching the interior of a black edition car to the exterior can be a nice touch, it remains to see what they mean by all-black.

Nice to see that the high-end experience of visiting a Nexa showroom will now be complemented with another option.
h3mnzu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 18:33   #9
BHPian

This looks like a copycat trick from the TATA's sleeve - Jet Edition | Kaziranga Edition | Black Edition. It worked well for TATA, let see

Black is a tricky colour and it is difficult to carry clack for most cars (especially smaller ones). I feel Baleno / Vitara will look classy, Ignis / Ciaz/ XL6 will look funny
Old 4th January 2023, 18:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:
The XL6 comes in Alpha and Alpha+ trims
Not all cars look good in such 'dark edition'. I feel the XL6 looks best in lighter shades like White/Silver with contrast black cladding all around.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 23:38   #11
BHPian

Did Maruti hire an ex-product manager from Skoda? The Baleno radio jingle had uncanny similarities with the Skoda Superb global ad of 2015/6. Skoda had launched a Black Edition of all their entire range in 2017. Coincidence? May be, may be not.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Maruti celebrates 40th anniversary with Nexa Black Editions

Maruti Suzuki is celebrating its 40th anniversary with the launch of the Nexa Black Edition range of cars.

Maruti introduces Nexa Black Editions of Ignis, XL6 & Grand Vitara-image002-3.jpg

Maruti Suzuki is offering Nexa Black Editions of the Ignis, Baleno, Ciaz, XL6 and Grand Vitara. The cars are painted in a new Pearl Midnight Black shade and are available with a limited-edition accessory package at discounted prices.

The Nexa Black Edition is available in Zeta and Alpha variants of the Ignis, all variants of the Ciaz, Alpha and Alpha+ variants of the XL6 and Zeta, Zeta+, Alpha and Alpha+ trims of the Grand Vitara.

Maruti introduces Nexa Black Editions of Ignis, XL6 & Grand Vitara-image003-4.jpg

The prices of the Nexa Black Editions are consistent with the corresponding variants of the standard Nexa models.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th January 2023 at 11:02.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:17   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

So this is not just a colour option and has an accessory package piggybacking on it?

Okay with accessories, but not everyone wants the extra claddings, spoilers, garnishes, extenders ,styling kit and other stuff that is just stuck on the car with glue.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 19:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki is offering Nexa Black Editions of the Ignis, Baleno, Ciaz, XL6 and Grand Vitara. The cars are painted in a new Pearl Midnight Black shade
Midnight black is one of the colour offered by Toyota in the Urban Cruiser Hyryder (Grand Vitara). I guess Maruti is sharing the same colour code for black.
TN13Sleeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 22:42   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

The owners could also prefer black alloys and other accessories in black. Nothing as such is offered. And contrarily the accessories package that appear not to be black could set back the buyers pockets by Rs 25 K to Rs 45 K.

If a car's theme is black, that should amply reflect on its body line.

Leaving out portions of the body line from the theme "black" is like applying black hair dye on one's head but leaving a few patches of hair in their natural silver grey.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks