Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 21:28   #151
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
Been trying to get some insights on the safety ratings on the MG Hector, but couldn't find any apart from some rumors that this would be revealed in 2021 but never happened. Although on paper it has all the bells and whistles for being a safe vehicle, not sure in reality. Anyone knows what happened with the global NCAP rating for the Hector??
I had mentioned about it in another thread on Hector. Please refer to post > https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5398292 (Scoop! MG Hector facelift launch plans; feature updates & price)
Old 25th January 2023, 07:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickiller9 View Post
Cool, I'll stick with Savvy + Dune Brown. Hoping to get it by month end.
Guys! Any updates on Savvy Pro expected delivery status?

My SA says the dispatches details from factory has not come in yet. However, delivery for lower variants have already started.

Earlier SA said by month end it should be delivered. It's 25th already. Post dispatch, it takes 4-5 days to reach stockyard and then PDI and delivery can be scheduled. Difficult to have patience now after waiting for 1 year for this car!

Also, those planning to buy it - I have negotiated on insurance. On road price includes 66k worth of insurance. I have negotiated it at 43k (23k savings). You just need to bring quote from outside with all add-ons that MG provides. I'm not sure whether I will be able to negotiate on essential kit.
Anything else you feel I can negotiate on?

Last edited by manpreetsj : 25th January 2023 at 07:04.
manpreetsj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 07:09   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Don't think so. I didn't find any wiggle room as well outside insurance. You can choose the items out of essential kit but I found out no scope of negotiations. My friend had got 10k accessories after negotiating when buying the Hector in Feb 2021 but now they aren't budging an inch.
Old 25th January 2023, 08:10   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, those planning to buy it - I have negotiated on insurance. On road price includes 66k worth of insurance. I have negotiated it at 43k (23k savings). You just need to bring quote from outside with all add-ons that MG provides. I'm not sure whether I will be able to negotiate on essential kit.
In Bangalore they are quoting 91K for insurance, do pass on what insurance you have negotiated, I can take that only.

As for accessories they are not budging here also, the footboard I think is anyway essential, since I have parents at home, that itself is major cost.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:21   #155
BHPian

Quote:
That’s an incredible rate on the insurance , what’s the insured declared value for the vehicle? Also, zero dep. and return to invoice are covered?

I believe here the quotation seems to be around ~91k for insurance according to carwale, which seems to be very high. Hoping to bring this down too.

Finally, and hopefully getting the booking done over this weekend.
Old 25th January 2023, 12:52   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
In Bangalore they are quoting 91K for insurance, do pass on what insurance you have negotiated, I can take that only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post

I believe here the quotation seems to be around ~91k for insurance according to carwale, which seems to be very high. Hoping to bring this down too.
I think the insurance quote of 91k you are referring to would be inclusive of the 3 year service package. From whatever price lists I have seen for different cities, the Insurance (called MG Secure Elite) is 66k for the top end CVT variant & there is an additional cost of 25k for the 3 year MG Shield Classic Package (service package) also baked in, coming to a total of 91k. In addition you can upgrade the classic service package for an additional 2 years at 25k

Insurance standalone is sub 70k for sure even from the dealers
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 14:23   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
I think the insurance quote of 91k you are referring to would be inclusive of the 3 year service package. From whatever price lists I have seen for different cities, the Insurance (called MG Secure Elite) is 66k for the top end CVT variant & there is an additional cost of 25k for the 3 year MG Shield Classic Package (service package) also baked in, coming to a total of 91k. In addition you can upgrade the classic service package for an additional 2 years at 25k

Insurance standalone is sub 70k for sure even from the dealers
No it is just insurance, shield pack is an add on on top of this, attached is the price list. I am talking about the Top End Savvy pro variant.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Price List The Next -Gen Hector 5Str BSVI 2023 (1).pdf (162.9 KB, 196 views)
Old 25th January 2023, 15:04   #158
BHPian

Quote:
No it is just insurance, shield pack is an add on on top of this, attached is the price list. I am talking about the Top End Savvy pro variant.
Refer post 73 on this thread and compare both. I think the price list you have shared includes MG Secure Elite and the one posted earlier is MG Secure Classic. I have been quoted around 72k for the Insurance with all riders including return to invoice for the 7 seater CVT Savvy Pro model

Another key differentiator is the "mandatory" essential kit. In NCR, the cost of the same is about 11k whereas in the list you shared it's about 28k. The inclusions may vary but definitely not appropriate to be forced to buy accessories that would be available at a much lower cost elsewhere
Old 25th January 2023, 15:08   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Refer post 73 on this thread and compare both. I think the price list you have shared includes MG Secure Elite and the one posted earlier is MG Secure Classic. I have been quoted around 72k for the Insurance with all riders including return to invoice for the 7 seater CVT Savvy Pro model

Another key differentiator is the "mandatory" essential kit. In NCR, the cost of the same is about 11k whereas in the list you shared it's about 28k. The inclusions may vary but definitely not appropriate to be forced to buy accessories that would be available at a much lower cost elsewhere
That is gurugram and this is Bangalore pricing, obviously both dealers operate in a different way which is clear by the price list. The accessories in bangalore is indeed 28K which is non negotiable, leave it or take it.

So ya buying a car in Bangalore will always be more expensive, even above the extremely high Road Tax.
Old 25th January 2023, 15:11   #160
BHPian

Quote:
That is gurugram and this is Bangalore pricing, obviously both dealers operate in a different way which is clear by the price list. The accessories in bangalore is indeed 28K which is non negotiable, leave it or take it.

So ya buying a car in Bangalore will always be more expensive, even above the extremely high Road Tax.
Having purchased a car in both cities, I am definitely aware of the cost difference. I'd still think you might be able to negotiate on insurance or take insurance from outside. Sorry for the unsolicited advise, was only trying to help :-)
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 15:42   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Having purchased a car in both cities, I am definitely aware of the cost difference. I'd still think you might be able to negotiate on insurance or take insurance from outside. Sorry for the unsolicited advise, was only trying to help :-)
Oh I agree, that is why i asked manpreet about the quote he got. I would pick the insurance from outside for sure, but accessories I will need to buy from dealer, only silver lining being that I definitely want the footboard which in itself is 17.5K and 3D mat is 6300 so almost 24K.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 18:44   #162
BHPian

Quote:
I definitely want the footboard which in itself is 17.5K and 3D mat is 6300 so almost 24K.
Have you considered GC reduction with side-step / footboard? It will be at least a inch I believe. From many FB forums I am hearing owners removing it due to struggle in maneuvering large speed breakers and bad roads.
Old 25th January 2023, 19:04   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Have you considered GC reduction with side-step / footboard? It will be at least a inch I believe. From many FB forums I am hearing owners removing it due to struggle in maneuvering large speed breakers and bad roads.
The Test Drive car did have it and did not scrap anywhere, I have requested a much longer drive before booking and will give more notice to this. My problem is that I have Old parents and it will be tough for them to get on the car or else. I am guessing the reduced GC will lead to anyway scrapping of footboard itself, which is ok for me.
Old 25th January 2023, 22:32   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
That’s an incredible rate on the insurance , what’s the insured declared value for the vehicle? Also, zero dep. and return to invoice are covered?

Finally, and hopefully getting the booking done over this weekend.
I have attached snapshot of updated quote I got from MG when I gave them 43K quote from outside. It is at 95% of ex-sh price, with zero dep, return to invoice, etc.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230125_222048_gallery.jpg

I am also taking basic maintenance package of 25k for 5 years which will cover basic maintenance cost.

Good thing is MG is already giving 5 years warranty, hence no additional extended warranty needed.

Side board at 17k is not worth it!! Will explore at later stage if needed. Dropped the idea for now.

Also, the breakup for Gurgaon I have attached below. Insurance is 66k here.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230112_011344_acrobat-samsung.jpg
manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 23:27   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post

this is interesting, can you post any pics of matt finish?
I had missed your post, while you can easily find Matt wrap pics on google for other cars, I am now thinking of going for Matt ppf on black, looks pretty good and luckily wife is warming up to the idea of buying black Color as usually it’s not too hot in Bangalore.

Check the last two minutes of this video, it’s been done on a black gloster, hector should look the same.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed