Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 20:52   #256
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
Finally took delivery of my Sharp Pro Hector in Starry Black today. The vehicle is super smooth to drive and cabin is super insulated from average road noise. Really peaceful to drive. The auto turn indicators were a bit annoying. The large screen wasn't as much of a distraction as I expected.

MG delivery experience was very good. The entire showroom staff was at hand to deliver the vehicle! All organised and no last minute surprises.

Didn't really get a chance to click many pics as we were dealing with 2 small kids as well.
Congrats and many miles with the beauty. What is your sense of the engine power, does it feel adequate?
MountainGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 23:19   #257
BHPian

What's your view about steering wheel feel? I found it very slim, and not very comfortable to grip. Anyone else having similar view? or is it because of my earlier car habit?
Old 10th February 2023, 09:11   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Congrats and many miles with the beauty. What is your sense of the engine power, does it feel adequate?
I am a sedate driver and felt enough power while keeping the RPM dial on or below 1500. I'm sure it has more to offer when revved. I'll go on a longer drive this weekend and I'll be able to comment on highway experience.

While doing the test drive, I did Alcazar, Hector and XUV700 on the same day in that order. No doubt XUV700's engine is way ahead but I found Hector's 1.5L Turbo to be better than Alcazar.
ar14920251 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 09:14   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
What's your view about steering wheel feel? I found it very slim, and not very comfortable to grip. Anyone else having similar view? or is it because of my earlier car habit?
I find the steering pretty good and firm enough in terms of response. I came from a long used Santro so I guess it depends on your reference point.
Old 10th February 2023, 10:26   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
I am a sedate driver and felt enough power while keeping the RPM dial on or below 1500. I'm sure it has more to offer when revved. I'll go on a longer drive this weekend and I'll be able to comment on highway experience.
Thanks. Please do share your impressions after your weekend drive. If possible, on how it fares when on an incline.
Old 10th February 2023, 14:24   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsnasgr View Post
Just got my Sharp PRO CVT delivered! An absolute beast. Smooth to drive and very comfortable.

If any of you have questions, feel free to quote this message and ask away! I'll try to reply to most of them.
A lot of people have told me that the 80km/hour speed warning on the MID doesn't go away - this seems to be on issue to me, as I would be regularly driving on highways.

How am I supposed to us ACC at 90/100 if the MID is displaying 80km/h warning ?

Could you confirm if that is the case ?
Old 10th February 2023, 18:59   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
A lot of people have told me that the 80km/hour speed warning on the MID doesn't go away - this seems to be on issue to me, as I would be regularly driving on highways.

How am I supposed to us ACC at 90/100 if the MID is displaying 80km/h warning ?

Could you confirm if that is the case ?
To clear the overspeed warning just press OK on the steering wheel and it will clear the warning and allow you to access the normal features. The warning then just gets minimised to an icon.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 07:39   #263
BHPian

Can someone post photos of various floor mats you guys purchased? MG have multiple mat options available (3D, carpet, rubber, etc.), and getting in dilemma thinking how each one of them will look with car interior (hector plus 6/7 seater)
Old 11th February 2023, 07:59   #264
BHPian

Drive reviews out.

Can previous owners comment on some of these points highlighted in the videos:

- puny horn
- average handling/ drive experience: noticeable body roll [less confidence to take car at relatively high speeds on turns?]; also body roll on bad/undulating roads
- limited lumbar support for front and back seats.. does it get tiring on long journeys?
- 3D 360 camera quality not that great [though it seems it is certainly better than older variant]
- almost all of them mention the rubber band effect in petrol, and the car does sound boomy while pushing hard for overtaking etc. in the videos; engine seems very well refined at lower RPMs though; why on earth wouldn't they give an auto in diesel..
- car has great features and space is something everybody agrees
Old 12th February 2023, 11:35   #265
BHPian

Did a test drive of the Savvy Pro yesterday. I really liked it. To put in perspective, I am coming from a Honda Jazz. I also did quite a few test drives of other cars in the last few months. Here's my thoughts:

1) The drive was quite comfortable. I'm a sedate driver to be sure but that was also because I was being extra cautious driving such a big vehicle coming from the Jazz. I took the car through some narrow and undulating roads and also had to take some off-road detours when the road was blocked by a bulldozer. The ride was very comfortable.

2) Being a big car I was concerned around how easy it would be to handle and it was really quite good. The visibility is pretty good with the ORVMs and even stopping and reversing during a U Turn on a narrow road felt comfortable due to the 360 deg camera. The camera resolution is good and no complaints on it. In perspective, the Slavia reverse camera quality was poor and you can immediately notice it. No such issues here.

3) The word "rubber band effect" sounds scary but in reality it was fine. Yes it wasnt instant power like in the Slavia 1.5 DCT but you can't really expect that for a car this size. I didn't find it to be an area of concern. Its the way this car drives and we will get used to it. In fact, I noticed a similar "lag" in the Jeep Compass petrol as well. Maybe its the norm for big petrol cars on 1.5L engines.

4) I saw forum posts and reviews about the steering feeling light. I didnt find such issues. It felt responsive and good. Maybe this would be more noticeable in a highway drive but for city usage its fine. I am a sedate driver so maybe that matters as well.

5) I was surprised to hear engine noise when I pushed the car the first couple of times. I expected much better NVH levels. However, towards the end of my 40 min test drive I was hardly noticing it. Not sure if it will be a problem during longer drives on highways.

6) The touchscreen lag looked pronounced in videos but usage in person its quite decent. I would say its 90% there but obviously not butter smooth. CarPlay worked well. Music sounds great!

7) The SA was a bit confusing when it came to BS6 Stage 2 norms. She mentioned that all Sharp Pro pre-bookings were delivered and more would come this month. For Savvy Pro she mentioned that they are waiting for the BS6 norms to go-live in April and they want to certify Savvy Pro for that and then start deliveries. Not sure how legit this theory is because both trims share the same engine. She wasn't able to give a satisfactory explanation on asking further questions.

8) The horn seemed fine. Not sure what people are complaining about. Then again, Im coming from a Jazz which has a weak horn.

All in all, i quite liked the car and I have a booking for Savvy Pro which I may change to Sharp Pro because I dont think I need ADAS Level 2 which I will mostly not use for City travel.

A major blocker for me is the size of my driveway. Tried parking the Hector into that and I barely had enough space to open the door and squeeze out
ulag62442 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 20:26   #266
BHPian

Hi Guys! Got delivery of my MG Hector Savvy Pro in Starry Black today. Attaching some pictures! This beast looks damn good in black. Seems like this grille was made to go best with Black paint.

Since all paper work was done from before, the overall delivery went smooth.

We were offered snacks and tea.
My MG and I-Smart apps were activated.

Do note, that you need to pay for SaaS services unlike before. Paid ~1750 for annual subscription. It includes I-Smart App features like remote key, AC, etc. After increasing prices in facelift, they could have given this for free for 1 year atleast.

After this we did the long awaited unveil, followed by cake cutting.

The whole MG team participated in the celebration and made the overall experience quite good. Happily clicked pictures and shared. They are good at customer service.

I will drive new car for next few days and will share my experience here. Right now there are too many settings to explore!

The long wait of more than 1 year finally comes to an end! The wait was worth it indeed!!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230212_150026.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230212_180822.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230212_180852.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230212_180904.jpg  

Last edited by manpreetsj : 12th February 2023 at 20:27.
manpreetsj is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 21:16   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Hi Guys! Got delivery of my MG Hector Savvy Pro in Starry Black today. Attaching some pictures! This beast looks damn good in black. Seems like this grille was made to go best with Black paint.

Do note, that you need to pay for SaaS services unlike before. Paid ~1750 for annual subscription. It includes I-Smart App features like remote key, AC, etc. After increasing prices in facelift, they could have given this for free for 1 year atleast.

The whole MG team participated in the celebration and made the overall experience quite good. Happily clicked pictures and shared. They are good at customer service.

I will drive new car for next few days and will share my experience here. Right now there are too many settings to explore!

The long wait of more than 1 year finally comes to an end! The wait was worth it indeed!!
Congratulations !!!

Waiting for allotment of my savvy pro from the same dealership.

Haven't gotten a confirmation of a delivery date yet.

Do share your initial driving feedback, specially if you take it somewhere with an incline.
arsh9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 05:49   #268

Quote:

Congratulations on acquiring this black beauty 🎉🎉 wishing happy miles on this.

Is this a 7seater? Or 5 seater?

Was told no need to pay for iSmart service during the first year and post that it was some 600Rs for the service every year...will recheck this with my SA.

Waiting for my allotment of 7 seater savy pro, SA says still waiting for stock to be made available to them in February.
Old 13th February 2023, 07:46   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Congratulations !!!

Waiting for allotment of my savvy pro from the same dealership.

Haven't gotten a confirmation of a delivery date yet.

Do share your initial driving feedback, specially if you take it somewhere with an incline.
Thanks Amit! SA shared that no Savvy Pro has been allotted since last 2 weeks (mine was the last one!). Hope you get allotment sooner.

I will be travelling whole week. Will get to drive on coming weekend. Will share feedback soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
Congratulations on acquiring this black beauty ���� wishing happy miles on this.

Is this a 7seater? Or 5 seater?

Was told no need to pay for iSmart service during the first year and post that it was some 600Rs for the service every year...will recheck this with my SA.

Waiting for my allotment of 7 seater savy pro, SA says still waiting for stock to be made available to them in February.
It's a 5 seater.

With new gen, MG has started charging for SaaS and data. Jio data is valid for only 2 months. After that need to buy 336 days plan for 600 bucks. Jio Saavn is free for 1 year (haven't checked yet).

For data and Saavn i don't bother much as Wireless Android Auto is damn convenient! New layout perfectly fits screen, with Spotify, Maps and notifications in 1 place. Accessing AC controls while using AA is a struggle though.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230213_073349_my-mg.jpg

Couple of short drives gave me 8.8 to 10.2kmpl mileage. Will get real test results via full tank to full tank.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230213_074514_gallery.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230213_074348_mg-ismart.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230213_074431_mg-ismart.jpg  

Last edited by manpreetsj : 13th February 2023 at 07:47.
manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 08:31   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulation Manpreet! Black color looks stunning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks