Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
404,813 views Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 15:55   #346
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 513 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
If they increase the price by a lakh, will have to cancel my booking and explore other options. Don't think a 1.5L Hector will be worth 26L. Will be very unfortunate.
I had the same dilemma, I went ahead with my HYCROSS VX Booking. I liked the easy to drive experience of Hector and same goes with Hycross as well. Both cars are nimble enough to maneuver around. However the low FE and lack of information of average on MID, made me to go ahead with HYCROSS.
Paritoshkalra is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 16:15   #347
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
If they increase the price by a lakh, will have to cancel my booking and explore other options. Don't think a 1.5L Hector will be worth 26L. Will be very unfortunate.
Right, 1 Lakh is too steep. Somehow, it would seem better to add some more amount and go for Harrier or XUV for the ADAS functions which I was interested in.
My better half was always interested in Astor as it was smaller in dimensions. Now she got a good point to switch back.
I am going to MG showroom now and cancelling Hector booking. Astor existing stock seems to be the final decision now for me.
Avadhoot is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 16:26   #348
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I had the same dilemma, I went ahead with my HYCROSS VX Booking. I liked the easy to drive experience of Hector and same goes with Hycross as well. Both cars are nimble enough to maneuver around. However the low FE and lack of information of average on MID, made me to go ahead with HYCROSS.
Isn't the Hycross upwards of 30-35L on road? Is the extra premium over the Hector really worth it if FE is the only concern for you? How many KMs are you expecting to drive per year?

Hycross anyways is a much bigger car, but I am not that big a fan of it's interior design and quality. That's where Hector scored big for me and the FE wasn't that big of a concern. It's easy to drive within the city, spacious, looks and feels premium.

Overall, Hector Plus Sharp Pro, for me, was a great VFM package within 25L (on road). But with the current increase of 40k already taking it beyond 25L (a budget I didn't want to cross when I started looking for a SUV) and another 60k (as mentioned by a couple of users here) increase will take it closer to 26L, which I feel is taking away the VFM proposition for this car.

Hoping that my car gets delivered at the earliest possible with only the 40k increase. Any further increase in price, will force me to rethink my choice.

Last edited by ankan_g : 27th February 2023 at 16:30.
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 16:54   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Prayagraj
Posts: 60
Thanked: 138 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

My run is around 30 km per day and burning more than 3 litres of oil seems illogical. Even the showroom sales guy was saying that CVT will give 7-8 kmpl. Diesel comes with manual only. On top of that MG is increasing prices by a lakh. At 26 OTR I am getting MG Hector Diesel Sharp pro or Xuv 700 AX7 Automatic Diesel. I really feel a great product like Hector is being wasted by MG.
utkarshgoel is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 17:01   #350
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 513 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Isn't the Hycross upwards of 30-35L on road? Is the extra premium over the Hector really worth it if FE is the only concern for you? How many KMs are you expecting to drive per year?

Hycross anyways is a much bigger car, but I am not that big a fan of it's interior design and quality. That's where Hector scored big for me and the FE wasn't that big of a concern. It's easy to drive within the city, spacious, looks and feels premium.

Overall, Hector Plus Sharp Pro, for me, was a great VFM package within 25L (on road). But with the current increase of 40k already taking it beyond 25L (a budget I didn't want to cross when I started looking for a SUV) and another 60k (as mentioned by a couple of users here) increase will take it closer to 26L, which I feel is taking away the VFM proposition for this car.

Hoping that my car gets delivered at the earliest possible with only the 40k increase. Any further increase in price, will force me to rethink my choice.
My running is 12k- 15k kms per year, I am from Delhi NCR and I did not want a Diesel AT SUV. Hence my options were limited. Alcazar was too small to my liking. Hector 5 seater was the car I liked very much. However, it had its own limitations.

TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS is PURE GOLD. The Price of this car VX Hybrid 7 seater is 24 lakhs ex-showroom which translates to 27.5 lakhs on road. It's price increases and value depreciates lesser than competition. I mentioned it "Pure gold" because its value keeps on increasing day by day and resale is high. Its the most spacious car till 40 lakhs. Few Plastics here and there might be of lesser quality than Hector but the seating comfort this captain seat variant delivers top the world experience.

Also I feel that sunroofs are a gimmick and they are not good for Indian summers and rains. I have heard many issues of leaking sunroofs and heat they transmit in the cabin. Hence I was searching for an Automatic variant of Hector without sunroof but now with the New Gen, they discontinued that version and now they only have CVT with a Sunroof model only.

Hector Plus is a 5 seater + 2 kids car. Hycross is proper 7 seater. Still with all rows up, the boot space is enormous.

Hycross drives better than Hector. I have driven both cars. The 0-100 of Hycross is less than 10 seconds. Its faster than a Fortuner in that regard. The High resale value, reliability of Toyota; high fuel efficiency(17-21 kmpl) and seating comfort pushed me to proceed with Hycross over Hector.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 27th February 2023 at 17:13.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 22:38   #351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 24 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
The MID does not show the Average real time right ? The SA told me that Hector misses out on this (AVERAGE) to be shown in MID.
Yes, on the Application the average might be visible. Isn't it a major miss from MG?
The MID does show average. You have to scroll through the MID views by pressing the button on the left side of your steering wheel.
Ironman82 is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 22:44   #352
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

One of the reasons that I have not opted for Hycross VX variant is it offers only 2 airbags. For a car with 29L on road price, Toyota should have provided 6 airbags.
dpkumar is offline  
Old 27th February 2023, 23:16   #353
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 24 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
My running is 12k- 15k kms per year, I am from Delhi NCR and I did not want a Diesel AT SUV. Hence my options were limited. Alcazar was too small to my liking. Hector 5 seater was the car I liked very much. However, it had its own limitations.

TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS is PURE GOLD. The Price of this car VX Hybrid 7 seater is 24 lakhs ex-showroom which translates to 27.5 lakhs on road. It's price increases and value depreciates lesser than competition. I mentioned it "Pure gold" because its value keeps on increasing day by day and resale is high. Its the most spacious car till 40 lakhs. Few Plastics here and there might be of lesser quality than Hector but the seating comfort this captain seat variant delivers top the world experience.

Also I feel that sunroofs are a gimmick and they are not good for Indian summers and rains. I have heard many issues of leaking sunroofs and heat they transmit in the cabin. Hence I was searching for an Automatic variant of Hector without sunroof but now with the New Gen, they discontinued that version and now they only have CVT with a Sunroof model only.

Hector Plus is a 5 seater + 2 kids car. Hycross is proper 7 seater. Still with all rows up, the boot space is enormous.

Hycross drives better than Hector. I have driven both cars. The 0-100 of Hycross is less than 10 seconds. Its faster than a Fortuner in that regard. The High resale value, reliability of Toyota; high fuel efficiency(17-21 kmpl) and seating comfort pushed me to proceed with Hycross over Hector.
I personally feel Hycross looks and feels like an MUV with not much road presence but it maybe just me. I agree Toyota as a brand is popular and their engines are great. But what if the taxi drivers start using hycross as their ride like they did with Innova.

https://www.cartoq.com/toyota-innova...axi-operators/
Ironman82 is offline  
Old 28th February 2023, 00:49   #354
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 6
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadhoot View Post
Got a confirmation that Hector deliveries to be started soon. But the overall price increase including MG raise + RDE related raise will be in the range of 1 Lakh for Hector Petrol. Anyone else has got any confirmation/information on the same?
My SA tried to push me a lot for Sharp pro variant with the same reason, that too asked me to buy before 28th Feb. He mentioned the price hike would be upwards of 2 lacs. I almost gave in, but finally decided to push back to get the savvy pro.

I told him randomly that my friends told me it's just 30-40K increase, and since then he stopped pestering me to buy Sharp pro as well as quoting 2 lac for the hike. He suggested he might be able to get the savvy pro soon, but no 7 seaters available for a month or two, so have to settle with 6 seater.

Not sure what's actually going on with MG. Has anyone got confirmation for 7 seater savvy pro? Anyone else got news of 2 lacs hike with newer models post march 1st?
hundred_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 07:43   #355
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DNCR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 934 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS is PURE GOLD. The Price of this car VX Hybrid 7 seater is 24 lakhs ex-showroom which translates to 27.5 lakhs on road. It's price increases and value depreciates lesser than competition.
Completely agree to resale value point. Nothing can beat Innova in that. However, the reason behind it is it's high demand in commercial and private taxi services. Ofcourse it's a reliable engine, etc. Though, the biggest issue I find in Innova for a buyer like us is it's image of being a TAXI. Period.

My friend who owns Crysta, booked Hycross, even after getting trolled million times that he drives a taxi. You know the loyalty towards a brand changes everything.
manpreetsj is offline  
Old 28th February 2023, 08:30   #356
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 513 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Completely agree to resale value point. Nothing can beat Innova in that. However, the reason behind it is it's high demand in commercial and private taxi services. Ofcourse it's a reliable engine, etc. Though, the biggest issue I find in Innova for a buyer like us is it's image of being a TAXI. Period.

My friend who owns Crysta, booked Hycross, even after getting trolled million times that he drives a taxi. You know the loyalty towards a brand changes everything.
Hycross Hybrid is not available for TAXI market. Only base model is available which delivers an average of 10kmpl and that is a 1.0 petrol G SLF Car with speed limiting function. Hybrid versions VX and ZX are only for private buyers. For TAXI purpose, Crysta is back ! Crysta diesel booking has started for fleet operators.

Sunroof is a BIG NO for me. I am totally against Sunroof. 6+ Airbags will not save you once you are on a Hilly area and some small stone falls on sunroof. (This has happened with one of my known who had top model Safari with 6 airbags, something happened for a XUV 700 owner too and now recent case of Scorpio with water flowing inside a closed car)

As I mentioned, Hector CVT was available without sunroof till last year in one of the versions but currently there is no automatic on offer without sunroof. Otherwise that would have been a perfect choice.

Other than this only Safari XZA is available with all the bells and whistles without sunroof but that is a diesel.

So if we search for a car which comes without a sunroof and is spacious too with a huge boot, then only Hycross Hybrid VX is left in contention. No other choice available in India for a Petrol AT without a sunroof. (Under a budget of 35 lakhs)

This specific need for an automatic spacious car without sunroof is a practical demand by a conscious consumer like me. There are very less options.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 28th February 2023 at 08:54.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 09:26   #357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Prayagraj
Posts: 60
Thanked: 138 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundred_drive View Post
My SA tried to push me a lot for Sharp pro variant with the same reason, that too asked me to buy before 28th Feb. He mentioned the price hike would be upwards of 2 lacs. I almost gave in, but finally decided to push back to get the savvy pro.

I told him randomly that my friends told me it's just 30-40K increase, and since then he stopped pestering me to buy Sharp pro as well as quoting 2 lac for the hike. He suggested he might be able to get the savvy pro soon, but no 7 seaters available for a month or two, so have to settle with 6 seater.

Not sure what's actually going on with MG. Has anyone got confirmation for 7 seater savvy pro? Anyone else got news of 2 lacs hike with newer models post march 1st?
As I said sales person here quoted price rise of almost 1 lac. But the main issue I am concerned is the mileage which he said wont be more than 7-8 for CVT. Thats bad in my opinion. After driving Diesel Ecosport for 6 years which has always given me 14+ mileage, I feel that I expect atleast a comfortable 10 before I can consider.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:20   #358
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I had the same dilemma, I went ahead with my HYCROSS VX Booking. I liked the easy to drive experience of Hector and same goes with Hycross as well. Both cars are nimble enough to maneuver around. However the low FE and lack of information of average on MID, made me to go ahead with HYCROSS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadhoot View Post
Right, 1 Lakh is too steep. Somehow, it would seem better to add some more amount and go for Harrier or XUV for the ADAS functions which I was interested in.
Checked with my SA last evening. He mentioned that there will be a price increase but it will be in the range of 40-45k and not 1L. Also, allocation from March onwards will be for BS6 II models and thats the reason for the limited deliveries in the month of February.
ankan_g is offline  
Old 28th February 2023, 18:35   #359
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 6
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadhoot View Post
Got a confirmation that Hector deliveries to be started soon. But the overall price increase including MG raise + RDE related raise will be in the range of 1 Lakh for Hector Petrol. Anyone else has got any confirmation/information on the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
As I said sales person here quoted price rise of almost 1 lac. But the main issue I am concerned is the mileage which he said wont be more than 7-8 for CVT. Thats bad in my opinion. After driving Diesel Ecosport for 6 years which has always given me 14+ mileage, I feel that I expect atleast a comfortable 10 before I can consider.
Finally talked to another SA and got the price details for RDE version, price increase is around 30-40K. See the attached images for more details. He also confirmed deliveries of RDE vehicles will start from 1st March, 7 seater versions are not available though.

Not sure why was there a narrative of 1-2 lac price increase from dealers.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot-20230228-6.31.34-pm.png  

hundred_drive is offline  
Old 28th February 2023, 18:53   #360
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundred_drive View Post
Finally talked to another SA and got the price details for RDE version, price increase is around 30-40K. See the attached images for more details. He also confirmed deliveries of RDE vehicles will start from 1st March, 7 seater versions are not available though.

Not sure why was there a narrative of 1-2 lac price increase from dealers.
Yes, yesterday night the SA called and confirmed the price hike to be 45 K for Hector Petrol. Not sure why the confusion was created for a day or 2 with 1 Lakh.
Avadhoot is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks