Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2023, 09:36   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Those like me who got initial batch in late Jan / early Feb, got old alloys. Not sure why MG didn't provide new design from day one, may be it was market feedback it reached to quickly.

I am eagerly waiting to see the outcome of dechroming on a black car. I too wish to get at least alloys turned black. Once you share images, please do share expense incurred.
On the upside you got it before the price hike, you can always go with aftermarket ones of your choice later with the money saved.

Sure will update, I am waiting for them to send me a quote, if it is too much I will get it done at some place outside.
Old 31st March 2023, 15:22   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

The new and old alloys in the same frame in same Color.

Attachment 2435135

I somehow preferred the earlier alloy design. Found it more sophisticated and stately. My first reaction to the new alloys were - looks flowery Will have to live with the new alloys when I get mine, hopefully in April.

I am also have a rethink on the color. Had booked the black hector plus. But now thinking of changing the color to dual tone. Looks good in the few videos I have seen. But want to check out the color in person before finalizing the change.

Anyone bought the dual tone hector here?
Old 31st March 2023, 22:41   #423

Quote:
Did a PDI of the car today, everything seems to be on order odo was at 5 Km, have give a go ahead to invoice the car, have asked for some paint work to be done, so hoping to get the car sometime later next week.

Attachment 2435133

Attachment 2435134

Attachment 2435136

The new and old alloys in the same frame in same Color.

Attachment 2435135
Congratulations... Was this at the Yelahanka stock yard?
Was there this morning for my PDI.. mainly wanted to ensure i am indeed getting the RDE compliant, although couldn't tell a difference from the look of it
Verified the VIN, March 2023 make, the rest will have to deal with it when I get the vehicle.
Saw a couple of vehicles which were getting dechromed, indeed looke awesome.

I might get few things painted black,wheel well gaurd for sure. Looking to get underbody coating and exhaust coating.

Can't make up my mind on PPF... can't think of spending another 1.3lakhs on the coating. Need to check prices outside the dealer.
Any recommendations in Bangalore for PPF?
Will skip sidestep purchase from dealer, seems outside market is better but may go for MG mats.

Hoping to take delivery next week. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 1st April 2023, 09:04   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
I somehow preferred the earlier alloy design. Found it more sophisticated and stately. My first reaction to the new alloys were - looks flowery Will have to live with the new alloys when I get mine, hopefully in April.

Anyone bought the dual tone hector here?
I am sure there will be few old owners who would want the new design, you can plan a swap. Also isn’t dual tone Color only in white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
Congratulations... Was this at the Yelahanka stock yard?
Was there this morning for my PDI.. mainly wanted to ensure i am indeed getting the RDE compliant, although couldn't tell a difference from the look of it

Can't make up my mind on PPF... can't think of spending another 1.3lakhs on the coating. Need to check prices outside the dealer.
Any recommendations in Bangalore for PPF?
Will skip sidestep purchase from dealer, seems outside market is better but may go for MG mats.

Hoping to take delivery next week. Will keep you guys posted.
Yes indeed it was Yelahanka. Look Ma so many hectors!!

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-c42be75449c742a492b3931d3f23b247.jpeg

From today onwards only phase 2 cars will get registered so only RDE complaint cars now, all cars with new alloys are RDE complaint. Not sure if new alloy design is only for top end or also for the one lower end too, not much clarity on that.

PPF there are many outside but I am going with ceramic for now, at around 1.2 lacs PPF is too expensive, I will later get the car wrapped in matt black. You can check with carzspa and detailing mafia to name a few.

I am going with sidestep as it looks well integrated but skipping mats as quality is not great, would rather get 7D from outside, Amazon also has some good ones.

Last edited by AtheK : 1st April 2023 at 09:07.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 10:49   #425
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure there will be few old owners who would want the new design, you can plan a swap. Also isn’t dual tone Color only in white?
Yeah ... dual tone is only in white. Some of the videos I have seen, it looks good. Want to see in person and then take a call on the colour.
Old 1st April 2023, 10:52   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah ... dual tone is only in white. Some of the videos I have seen, it looks good. Want to see in person and then take a call on the colour.
I had test driven the car in white and it looked very premium, it was not a dual tone but overall the car paint felt very premium.

Some photos for you.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-d08977d8202347cfb9ff48bdfc788845.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-571a23acdd8d4b4c9b64faaa5806b71f.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-3e0255d09b22453ba5d8fb49c53a4132.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-4b5d17d5ad574320b3eb39ab553f9844.jpeg
Old 1st April 2023, 17:12   #427
BHPian

Many times I find ventilated seats quite weak. Many times even after starting ventilation I find my back a bit sweaty. Have anyone observed this?

Also does ventilated seat air come from AC unit or its normal cabin air?
Old 1st April 2023, 18:49   #428
BHPian

Quote:
I had test driven the car in white and it looked very premium, it was not a dual tone but overall the car paint felt very premium.

Some photos for you.

Attachment 2435925

Attachment 2435926

Attachment 2435927

Attachment 2435928
Yeah, have seen quite a few white hector. However, I find the chrome grill to stand out a little too much for my liking on a normal white car. I found it a little more balanced on the dual tone. The dual tone does look premium and also sporty. My RM has said that they should receive 3 dual tone hectors this coming week. Will drop in to have a look in person to finalize my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Many times I find ventilated seats quite weak. Many times even after starting ventilation I find my back a bit sweaty. Have anyone observed this?

Also does ventilated seat air come from AC unit or its normal cabin air?
I test drove the hector again this week. I guess the prolonged wait was making me rethink a little. Wanted to reconfirm my decision. During this test drive I tried the ventilated seats which I had not tried earlier. Honestly, I found it not very effective even at full speed.

Also, this was the second Hector I test drove which had a quality issue. In the first Hector I test drove in February before making my booking, the horn was not working and the rear view mirror was broken. The Hector I test drove this week had a weird noise creeping in from somewhere at the back. The sound/noise was more like a a subtle whistle (air creeping in). The RM in the car was also agreed and said he would get this checked.

How's the experience on the quality so far for the updated Hector for owners who have already received their Hector?
Old 2nd April 2023, 07:28   #429
BHPian

Quote:
How's the experience on the quality so far for the updated Hector for owners who have already received their Hector?
No such quality complaints on my new Hector. Nothing to complain about really for me.
ar14920251 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:09   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. The older alloy design with straight lines suits tall stance of Hector. Even turning them black may make it look smaller, hence I am waiting for someone to share pictures of dechromed alloys

Quote:
No issues faced till date. Got mine 1.5 months back. All good.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:17   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Agreed. The older alloy design with straight lines suits tall stance of Hector. Even turning them black may make it look smaller, hence I am waiting for someone to share pictures of dechromed alloys

No issues faced till date. Got mine 1.5 months back. All good.
The current one is already dechromed and photo is already posted, and with red calipers they look pretty sweet.

Current Alloys Dechromed (2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look)

the new and old rims dechromed in same post can be found Here (2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look)

The new one look much better dechromed, and does not look flowery anymore, while the old one are looking a bit busy.
Old 2nd April 2023, 15:01   #432
BHPian

Quote:
The current one is already dechromed and photo is already posted, and with red calipers they look pretty sweet.

Current Alloys Dechromed (2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look)

the new and old rims dechromed in same post can be found Here (2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look)

The new one look much better dechromed, and does not look flowery anymore, while the old one are looking a bit busy.
Yes I have seen that post. The blacked out alloys in both designs are looking good. I so do want to get it done in near future. I want to see new Black Hector with dechromed alloys. Somehow I feel, blacked out alloys look great on white or grey hector, whereas on Black Hector, it may make wheel look disproportionate.
Old 7th April 2023, 21:50   #433
BHPian

Noticed an interested thing today. When we keep the headlights to Auto, the light intensity increases while turning and goes back to normal post the turn. Anyone noticed this behavior? Felt it was a nice thing to have.
Old 7th April 2023, 23:50   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
Noticed an interested thing today. When we keep the headlights to Auto, the light intensity increases while turning and goes back to normal post the turn. Anyone noticed this behavior? Felt it was a nice thing to have.
Should be because of the cornering lights getting activated.
Old 8th April 2023, 06:31   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Should be because of the cornering lights getting activated.
I didnt know they had cornering lights! I was expecting them to list that as a feature

Has anyone tried apps that allow mirroring their android screen to android auto? It would be great to watch live cricket streaming on the big screen and great speakers. I tried installing the screen2auto from AAAD app but it didnt install for some reason.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th April 2023 at 08:25. Reason: Back to Back posts merged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks