Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2023, 16:10   #91
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by recalcitrant View Post
Most probably I'm rationalizing to conform to the availability , but who cares. PDI on Monday and delivery estimated on Thursday. Will be the first delivery in Bengaluru most probably
How did you manage to get a PDI slot on Monday for your Sharp Pro car? JP nagar guys tell me all 2023 Hector cars are still in transit and will be delivered to stockyard by next Friday/Saturday only. Apparently, only 2022 made ones are available at hand and those are probably demo / test drive vehicles.

PS: I'm probably right after you in the queue, waiting since Aug '22.
Old 14th January 2023, 16:35   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go - Hector price list for Bengaluru
Are they insisting on buying insurance from them and what are they offering in Essential kit, can you remove it?
Old 14th January 2023, 18:03   #93
BHPian

Does anyone have sense of cancellation policy? 50k is online booking amount which is steep.
Old 14th January 2023, 18:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Visited flagship dealership in Gurgaon today to check on current allocation status. They have received allocation details for 6 seater today. Manual allocation came in earlier.

Sharp Pro in new brown colour is available though.

Hopefully, in next 2-3 days allocation for 5 seater Savvy should also come in.

There were 3 cars on display - 6 seater in Havana Grey, 5 seater AT in red and 7 seater in White.

Interiors are damn good, no other car in <30Lakhs price bracket can beat it! Back is also looking much more cleaner and bolder. Grille size is good (as I had always preferred Hector+ grille over Hector), but it seemed a bit overdone due to excessive chrome. Couple of shades darker finish of grille would have looked better.

Our colour preference continues to be Black followed by Havana Grey (basis today's visit)!
Do you have a snap of the Havana Grey car?
Old 14th January 2023, 18:09   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Changed my preference from dual tone Savvy Pro to black Sharp Pro
Will be the first delivery in Bengaluru most probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
There were 3 cars on display - 6 seater in Havana Grey, 5 seater AT in red and 7 seater in White.
Our colour preference continues to be Black followed by Havana Grey (basis today's visit)!
Congratulations guys! Do try to post a few photos in case you visit the showrooms again. I passed by Mumbai South showroom y'day, and could only spot a Red kept front and centre. With my preference being Black or Grey too.

If you're comfortable do share in details after the purchase, any kits, discounts or freebies and insurance rate. I say this, as I'm following your lead.
Considering making a booking end of Jan, I hope the full payment isn't required in advance? Have an FD kept until mid-Feb as I'm abroad from 1-10th Feb. Hence hadn't booked as of yet.

P.s could someone clarify if I can get my current cars insurance NCB of 50% on the new car purchase on it's insurance? Even though the old car is still being kept? Would really help in getting better insurance rate if possible.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 19:30   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Are they insisting on buying insurance from them and what are they offering in Essential kit, can you remove it?
No, they let you buy insurance from outside. Also noticed that insurance is much modest with MG if you compare with Hyundai. A friend who booked Alcazar Petrol got a quote of 1.2lakhs for insurance whereas MG quotes 66k for top end petrol, with further room to negotiate. Essential kit details you can find in on road pricing sheet notes - includes 3D mats, screengaurd, etc. Found it reasonably priced. Not sure if it's optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Does anyone have sense of cancellation policy? 50k is online booking amount which is steep.
I got a no questions asked full refund via cheque after I cancelled my first booking for hector last year. No issues faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Apologies, I couldn't click any today. I will be visiting again soon, will click next time for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
With my preference being Black or Grey too.

If you're comfortable do share in details after the purchase, any kits, discounts or freebies and insurance rate. I say this, as I'm following your lead.
Considering making a booking end of Jan, I hope the full payment isn't required in advance? Have an FD kept until mid-Feb as I'm abroad from 1-10th Feb. Hence hadn't booked as of yet.

P.s could someone clarify if I can get my current cars insurance NCB of 50% on the new car purchase on it's insurance? Even though the old car is still being kept? Would really help in getting better insurance rate if possible.
Sure man, will share pictures and details as and when I finalise and move towards delivery. As of now i have negotiated on insurance upfront by bringing outside quote, to which they agreed to match up.

I would suggest you make a booking asap. Only 50k to be paid, fully refundable. Better avoid another price increase in April, assuming 2-3 months delivery TAT.

For NCB you need to reach out to your insurer for a letter or something. It is possible to use it, but not sure if retaining old car disqualifies you from using it.
manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 21:16   #97
BHPian

Completed PDI for my black Sharp Pro CVT today itself, ahead of schedule. I was at the stockyard as soon as the vehicle unloaded from the truck

Everything went smoothly, all lights green. Just paid ex showroom + TCS and they'll start the process now.

Only caveat being that the new variants are not there on Vahan portal yet, so they can't proceed with registration till the commissioner's go ahead is received, hopefully which will come on Monday (they have scheduled demo etc. to him already)

Not sharing pics as of now since the car was obviously very dirty in the yard. Had to tell my wife to not be disappointed by the condition of the car in the yard and that it'll look marvellous on the day of the delivery. She was grinning ear to ear when she sat inside though.

Delivery date is in the hands of the babus now

EDIT: Added a few PDI pics regardless. The pouty face is me trying to calculate the delivery date taking into account the commissioner babu's schedule.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230114wa0015.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230114wa0014.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230114wa0013.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230114wa0012.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th January 2023 at 01:37. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks
recalcitrant is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 21:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
How did you manage to get a PDI slot on Monday for your Sharp Pro car?
Don't have a logical answer to that, except perhaps that I'm a bit... persistent
recalcitrant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 23:22   #99

Hello guys,

This is my first post though I have been following Team BHP from long time. I have sold my car last month (Verna 1.6 Crdi 2012 model).

This time we have planned to go for a SUV in range 20-30 lakh (on-road price). We will keep this vehicle for next 7-8 years. We are only considering petrol vehicle due to evolving restrictions on diesel vehicles in NCR region.

Not interested in electric vehicles at this moment as I still think that it will take few more years for EV's to become mainstream.

I am not an enthusiast when it comes to driving as I prefer a comfortable and an easy drive. The vehicle will mostly be driven in the city traffic (NCR) and with couple of long trips every 2-3 months. So, the priority is definitely a comfortable driving experience but the vehicle should not struggle much during those long trips (highways/mountains).

My wife and I had shortlisted top end petrol automatic variants of XUV 700, Alcazar and Hector considering the above factors.

Dropped Alcazar because of its relatively smallish look and considering that's it's facelift variant with new features will come in next year or so. Also, it's lower safety rating was a concern although our last vehicle was also of Hyundai but at that time safety / built quality wasn't given much importance.

We liked the looks, features, safety ratings and overall road presence of XUV. But, we dropped this due to its extreme waiting periods and various niggles / sounds (creeks) reported by the users.

So, finally we decided to go for Hector (savy pro cvt) due to its features, classy interiors (particularly in brown color), strong built quality, comfortable driving experience and overall road presence. Also, there aren't much issues reported by hector user's other than lagging infotainment system.

Is there any difference in the second row space of Hector between the five seater and seven seater variant?

We are sceptical about resale value of this vehicle after 7-8 years and then it's low mileage is definitely a downside but I think other petrol automatic SUV's in this price range give mileage in this ballpark only. What is your take on this mileage point.

Do you guys think that Hector is a good choice considering our requirements?

Thanks!!

Last edited by Sausum : 14th January 2023 at 23:27.
Old 15th January 2023, 07:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
Hello guys,

We are sceptical about resale value of this vehicle after 7-8 years and then it's low mileage is definitely a downside but I think other petrol automatic SUV's in this price range give mileage in this ballpark only. What is your take on this mileage point.

Thanks!!
Yeah mileage is more or less the same for any vehicle of this size and build. In fact my colleague just bought a Seltos and I was shocked to hear he is getting an avg of about ~10 while I thought Seltos being smaller and lighter build will be giving more. While buying such cars mileage should not be a big factor unless you have a very high monthly run in which case you should look at a diesel. It pains especially when you come from a smaller car but you gotta let it go. The car that's in the similar range and gives good mileage is Taigun and Kushaq. If mileage is a big factor go for those but there will be other compromises.
ulag62442 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 09:22   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
I am not an enthusiast when it comes to driving as I prefer a comfortable and an easy drive. The vehicle will mostly be driven in the city traffic (NCR) and with couple of long trips every 2-3 months. So, the priority is definitely a comfortable driving experience but the vehicle should not struggle much during those long trips (highways/mountains).

My wife and I had shortlisted top end petrol automatic variants of XUV 700, Alcazar and Hector considering the above factors.

Is there any difference in the second row space of Hector between the five seater and seven seater variant?

Thanks!!
We had a similar shortlist and went for Hector as well. I am happy. 2nd row space is the same for 5/6/7 seater. Flat, no-hump 2nd row is an awesome thing!
ar14920251 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 09:39   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
JP nagar guys tell me all 2023 Hector cars are still in transit and will be delivered to stockyard by next Friday/Saturday only.
That's not true. I saw 4 other black new Hectors in the yard (2 manual, 2 CVT), 1 red, 1 white Hector Plus 7 seater which was going through a wash. There might have been more, they didn't let me roam around freely in the yard.

A couple black Hectors looked like they had been there for a few days (going by the accumulation of dust, dried leaves on them). The car I did PDI of was unloaded yesterday, but sure looks like yesterday's wasn't the first batch they received (the earlier batch might have been that of the display vehicles)

And the above is only from the Electronic City yard. The Yelahanka yard might have more of these.

Last edited by recalcitrant : 15th January 2023 at 09:49.
recalcitrant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 16:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Completed PDI for my black Sharp Pro CVT today itself, ahead of schedule. I was at the stockyard as soon as the vehicle unloaded from the truck
Hector is looking damn good in black, better than even Havana Grey! Please share more pics as and when you take delivery! All the best!
Old 15th January 2023, 18:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
here you go. hector plus 6 seater variant in Havana Grey at MG Showroom Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-photo_20230115_182836.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-photo_20230115_182841.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-photo_20230115_182846.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-photo_20230115_182845.jpg  

MountainGuy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 19:15   #105
BHPian

No offence to Hector fans but with revisions the bling is now too much over the top. More like the light-sound toys they sell. Japnese designs have now started looking subtle these days in front of their’s.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 15th January 2023 at 19:17.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks