Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 09:28   #106
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
No offence to Hector fans but with revisions the bling is now too much over the top. More like the light-sound toys they sell. Japnese designs have now started looking subtle these days in front of their’s.
Completely agree, unless one decides to de-chrome / de-badge after purchase, it's too much bling in your face
Old 16th January 2023, 15:15   #107
BHPian

Got word from my SA that Karnataka commissioner is not available for 4-5 days, so no deliveries will happen till approval is received from him

Long live bureaucracy
recalcitrant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 10:31   #108
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I recently booked an MG Hector Savvy Pro with MG Motor Moti Nagar Delhi. I was more interested in booking a Hector Plus Savvy Pro 7-seater, but had no choice but to downgrade to a 5-seater due to one and only one reason which I would like to point out. I have included some screenshots to help you understand the concern.

The reason which made me select a 5-seater over a 7-seater is the way the interior of the 7-seater has been done.

The 5-seater variant comes in dual-tone Oak White and Black, where the complete seat is Oak White.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-i.png

Name:  j.png
Views: 1229
Size:  517.3 KB

Quote:
This makes the interior has only 2 colours - Oak White and Black, which make the cabin look very luxurious.

However, in the case of 7-seater, the seats are also dual-tone which makes it look like it's been done for cost-cutting. The back of the seat has been changed to black and this takes away the luxurious look and feel of the cabin. In fact, now the cabin becomes 3-tone instead of 2 since the pillars and roof lining are still Oak White.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-k.png

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-l.png

Quote:
If you look at the 3D render of both cars with single-colour seats (as available on your website), both look amazing. But in reality, the Argil Brown is used only on the front of the seat, which makes it look like a cost-cutting stunt and ugly.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-m.png

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-n.png

Quote:
I just wanted to bring this to your notice, I am planning to buy the car in the next financial year therefore it will be after 31 March 2023. I hope by then there is some solution to it.

Thank you.
Aditya is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 14:09   #109
BHPian

Has anyone got any clarity on delivery start date for Savvy Pro? Atleast at flagship dealership there is no clarity yet. Saying should wait till this weekend to get further info.
Old 17th January 2023, 14:31   #110
BHPian

Just came across this video on social media.

The "auto indicator" feature basically switches on the indicator AFTER you start turning the steering.

Now ideally you would like to signal atleast 50m before the turn. What's the benefit of switching on indicators after the car has started to turn?

On the contrary, I find this detrimental as many or most of the drivers/owners of this car will assume that since the car has auto indicators, he/she need not signal manually. So even if I previously knew that I should be putting on the signal atleast 50m before the turn, I will now ignore that.

Is there a single usecase where this feature is actually useful? Or is this a result of some overzealous Product Manager at MG who has probably never driven in his/her life?
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 15:22   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

The "auto indicator" feature basically switches on the indicator AFTER you start turning the steering.
Auto indicators will work only at low speed. Just to ensure that if you forget to turn on the indicator, the car will do it automatically. Classic case of something is better than nothing.
This feature totally works on the assumption that others behind/around you will also drive slow.

However, as you correctly pointed out, people will misunderstand and misuse the feature to show it off to family and friends. I hope they bear in mind its limitation and don't use it at high speed or at traffic signals. Even better, not use it at all.

Quote:
... overzealous Product Manager at MG who has probably never driven in his/her life?
... never driven in his/her life in India
Old 17th January 2023, 15:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Has anyone got any clarity on delivery start date for Savvy Pro? Atleast at flagship dealership there is no clarity yet. Saying should wait till this weekend to get further info.
MY SA said that it might be 2+ months for Savvy Pro. Apparently there are a few production hiccups. Not sure how accurate this info is though

Quote:
Is there a single usecase where this feature is actually useful? Or is this a result of some overzealous Product Manager at MG who has probably never driven in his/her life?
IMHO, it's a random feature. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should give the "feature". Disappointing to see all the auto-journalists talk about this as if MG has discovered fire

I like the car. I bought the car. But a spade is a spade.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th January 2023 at 15:52. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
recalcitrant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 16:23   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

They could have given paddle shifters instead, would have been better put to use with the petrol engine on offer.
Old 17th January 2023, 23:18   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
in the case of 7-seater, the seats are also dual-tone which makes it look like it's been done for cost-cutting. The back of the seat has been changed to black and this takes away the luxurious look and feel of the cabin
Can this is remediated by replacing new car's seat covers with old hector plus one's? Do we know if seat dimensions of both old and new hector plus are same, and if ventilated seats/airbags mechanism not a problem? Surely, it will be additional cost on pocket, but can be considered if cost not very high.

Last edited by techcoze : 17th January 2023 at 23:25.
Old 18th January 2023, 14:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
They could have given paddle shifters instead, would have been better put to use with the petrol engine on offer.
IMHO, that would be an overkill for a car of this size. Paddle shifters are probably more useful for quick shifting in a "sports" oriented car. This car is far from that...
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 15:20   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, that would be an overkill for a car of this size. Paddle shifters are probably more useful for quick shifting in a "sports" oriented car. This car is far from that...
Exactly why you need it, with the engine this has, it would be good option to downshift quickly when you need to overtake to get a bit more juice out of the engine. Sports car won't break a sweat to overtake anything with or without paddle shifters.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 15:42   #117

Hello everyone!
I recently joined the forum and have booked the Hector 5 seater Savvy Pro Petrol CVT on 10th January 2022. As of yet SA is not giving any firm news regarding start of deliveries. I was informed by showroom that the test drives on the new hector have started around 13th January. Has anyone test driven the vehicle yet? Are there any improvements in ride, handling, performance? Don't see any official drive reviews yet on social media.
Old 18th January 2023, 17:33   #118

The same has been informed by my SA that a concrete information on deliveries will be provided within a week or two. Test drives are available and I am planning to take test drive next week.

The second row can be inclined in hector and hector plus 6 seater. Is the same true for hector plus 7 seater or it can't be reclined? How comfortable is the second row with open arm-rest for two people? Is it comparable to the pilot seats? I have just noticed that reclined second row of Carens 7-seater with arm rest opened is very comfortable. How is the comfort in Hector?

I know that third row is not suitable for adults but can someone confirm if that row can be reclined?
Old 18th January 2023, 22:59   #119
BHPian

Got full body PPF done on the car (used Garware 200microns self-healing TPU film). Next up is black anti-rust coating for the underbody, silencer and the exhaust tip

The car kinda looks clean without the H E C T O R badging. Will take a call later whether to put it back on or leave it like this. Might ask them to put the letters closer together rather than spacing them out as much as MG does.

Still no update on registration in Bengaluru. Will get to know tomorrow evening on when the commissioner's approval will be received
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230118wa0008.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230118wa0007.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230118wa0006.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230118wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by recalcitrant : 18th January 2023 at 23:05.
recalcitrant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 00:31   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Ppf was done by dealership themselves?

If yes, How much did they charge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks