Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 01:07   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 50
Thanked: 247 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Ppf was done by dealership themselves?

If yes, How much did they charge.
Yes, I indirectly know the person who oversees the PPF work (Mr Harsh). A friend had gotten it done from the dealership under his supervision, they do a very thorough job and according to my friend, they have a very good after service (one of his panels' film had to be fixed since it had slightly peeled from the edge and they were very professional about it). Spoke with Mr Harsh at length before getting it done, he was very patient and explained all the technicals and gotchas to me. Didn't expect a dealership's detailer to be this detail-oriented, to be honest

They charged 1.3L for Garware 200microns TPU full-body + underbody and silencer anti-rust coating. Spoke with multiple detailing shops in the city and no one came close to this quote for this particular film (the second highest quote was 1.5L for a 165micron film. The guy said it was TPU, but I couldn't bring myself to trust him. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I've heard TPUs are generally 180+)

Last edited by recalcitrant : 19th January 2023 at 01:12.
recalcitrant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 07:38   #122
BHPian
 
techcoze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Gods own city
Posts: 199
Thanked: 239 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by recalcitrant View Post
The car kinda looks clean without the H E C T O R badging. Will take a call later whether to put it back on or leave it like this. Might ask them to put the letters closer together rather than spacing them out as much as MG does.
You got badging removed from showroom itself or outside? How they remove color marks after badge removal?
techcoze is offline  
Old 19th January 2023, 10:17   #123
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 50
Thanked: 247 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
You got badging removed from showroom itself or outside? How they remove color marks after badge removal?
The badge letters were removed as part of the PPF application process. They use heat gun + thread /rubber squeezer to remove and use rubbing to remove the residual glue. The badge can be reapplied on top of the PPF once it's curing is done in about 15 days or so
recalcitrant is offline  
Old 20th January 2023, 10:44   #124
BHPian
 
techcoze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Gods own city
Posts: 199
Thanked: 239 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Anyone know if petrol CVT engine in new 2023 facelift Hector is BS6 Phase-2 compliant? Or are we expecting them to launch new engine soon in coming months?

Last edited by techcoze : 20th January 2023 at 11:04.
techcoze is offline  
Old 21st January 2023, 11:15   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DNCR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 932 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Is anyone able to check status on website? For me the page is not loading after filling in OTP.

Update on delivery - As per my SA, the details visible to dealership shows delivery against my booking is expected by month end. Exact date will be known once car is dispatched from factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Anyone know if petrol CVT engine in new 2023 facelift Hector is BS6 Phase-2 compliant? Or are we expecting them to launch new engine soon in coming months?
Major impact will be on smaller diesel units which will lead to some of the cars going extinct from on 1st April. Most of these petrol engines and 2000cc+ diesel engines are compliant with BS6 Phase 2 norms.
manpreetsj is offline  
Old 21st January 2023, 19:37   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,917
Thanked: 7,680 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Went to check the car today, loved the premium interiors on offer and also the oodles of space. The apple car play looks pretty neat in portrait mode. The lag is almost non existent with apple CarPlay, though system felt laggy with general operation. I also test drove the BYD and touchscreen on that is super responsive.

Over all me and wife really liked the car, have requested for a long drive over the weekday before finalising, but at this point this is the fore runner, though both me and wife both loved the interiors of BYD also.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-f6002777f68c44948c3f2c1adb1538c9.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-6e2e144e834e47bba183483d55874c0b.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-546f89fb2c9e45e2a72bfbab057df07e.jpeg

The tail lights look pretty classy!

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-529427a986344b4dbd0ee765caf62726.jpeg

The over use of chrome will need to be dechromed in case I do end up buying this car.
AtheK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 07:33   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 147 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Went to check the car today, loved the premium interiors on offer and also the oodles of space. The apple car play looks pretty neat in portrait mode. The lag is almost non existent with apple CarPlay, though system felt laggy with general operation. I also test drove the BYD and touchscreen on that is super responsive.

Over all me and wife really liked the car, have requested for a long drive over the weekday before finalising, but at this point this is the fore runner, though both me and wife both loved the interiors of BYD also.
The laggy screen was my main concern. Do you have a video of using the screen with carplay? I'm very curious to see how much it improves the touch response.

Also test drives are available now? Which showroom in Bangalore are they offering test drives?
ulag62442 is offline  
Old 22nd January 2023, 12:32   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,917
Thanked: 7,680 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
The laggy screen was my main concern. Do you have a video of using the screen with carplay? I'm very curious to see how much it improves the touch response.

Also test drives are available now? Which showroom in Bangalore are they offering test drives?
I did not make a video, test drive are still for older model, new model test drive will be available in February, but SA said that all mechanicals are still the same.
AtheK is offline  
Old 22nd January 2023, 19:38   #129
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Hey Guys,
Long time reader first time poster.

Looking to go in for 7-seater savy-pro (had shortlisted Safari/XUV 7OO, but dropped them after looking at 2023 Hector plus ), however, couple of points that are still bothering me and hoping someone here can help me with.

My previous 2 vehicles were XUV 5OO diesel but now considering a petrol AT version, how good is Hector's CVT engine? any idea if this is also a FCA engine or a different one? been reading some good and bad things about this on various forums, going from a diesel-2.0 to petrol 1.5 just thinking how good the drive experience is going to be.

Loved the interiors especially the tan finish is just awesome, just wished the whole seat was in tan rather than a mix of tan and black.

Been reading about the lag on the touch screen display, was in the showroom (JP Nagar and Electronics city) and didn't feel any lag as such, SA assured that aging will also not introduce any lag, i have my own doubts.

Still not able to decide between the red and black color, any idea on the paint longevity, should i be considering PPF/ceramic coating needed?? i see a lot of talk about this in various forums now.

Finally, SA is saying he can deliver the vehicle in a few weeks , not sure how valid is this statement, planning on booking this next week.

are they mandating to get the essential kit? is it worth it? didn't get a chance to check the accessories.

thanks in advance.
nightrider007 is offline  
Old 22nd January 2023, 20:39   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DNCR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 932 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
how good is Hector's CVT engine? any idea if this is also a FCA engine or a different one? been reading some good and bad things about this on various forums, going from a diesel-2.0 to petrol 1.5 just thinking how good the drive experience is going to be.

Been reading about the lag on the touch screen display, was in the showroom (JP Nagar and Electronics city) and didn't feel any lag as such, SA assured that aging will also not introduce any lag, i have my own doubts.

Still not able to decide between the red and black color, any idea on the paint longevity, should i be considering PPF/ceramic coating needed?? i see a lot of talk about this in various forums now.
Engine is GM / Daewoo S TEC III LJO engine, in service since 2013. Couldn't find any issues online. It is a reliable unit. Any issues in Hector CVT reported is of mileage. Acceleration wouldn't be like that of Kushaq but since it is more like an Enfield, a cruiser, you would enjoy comfort more than anything else. Everything else is at right balance.

I couldn't notice any lag in screen. It is much much better than previous gen.

Red would be more bold and you may get bored of it sooner. I am going for Black (classic!). Checkout screen grab below of this beauty!

I won't be going for PPF. At 1.25L or more I don't see any worth in investing in it. Repair would be cheaper, if any.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 22nd January 2023 at 20:41.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:05   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,917
Thanked: 7,680 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

It might be better then previous gen, but the lag is very evident of what I saw yesterday. The fluditiy is missing, and sometimes touch takes time to register, It’s not a deal breaker but compared to BYD it was definitely a lag and also the camera quality of MG is inferior to BYD.

Last edited by AtheK : 22nd January 2023 at 21:15.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:29   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DNCR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 932 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230122_080111_youtube.jpgApologies, forgot to add screen grab of New hector in Black! The chrome grille on black doesn't look overdone.

Btw in any case anyone is planning to get side step board, there is a new design in official brochure.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20230122wa0003.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It might be better then previous gen, but the lag is very evident of what I saw yesterday. The fluditiy is missing, and sometimes touch takes time to register, It’s not a deal breaker but compared to BYD it was definitely a lag and also the camera quality of MG is inferior to BYD.
Sure that could be a case. I was commenting from previous gen to new gen improvements. Also, BYD is in a different price segment. For sure it must be having better touch response, unless you were comparing same origin brands.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 22nd January 2023 at 21:36.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:52   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,917
Thanked: 7,680 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Attachment 2409046

Sure that could be a case. I was commenting from previous gen to new gen improvements. Also, BYD is in a different price segment. For sure it must be having better touch response, unless you were comparing same origin brands.
Yes different price point, I was only comparing as I saw them back to back yesterday. In same price point I have seen Creta system, and it is super smooth, not sure how XUV or Harrier fairs in this department, did not check them. That said again not a deal breaker, but MG could have done a better job for sure. Apple car play which I will anyway be using 90% of the time works fine, so I am good. Rest of the features onn touchscreen with exception of AC, probably you will set them up once and hardly use them frequently.

Last edited by AtheK : 22nd January 2023 at 21:56.
AtheK is offline  
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:53   #134
BHPian
 
techcoze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Gods own city
Posts: 199
Thanked: 239 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Btw in any case anyone is planning to get side step board, there is a new design in official brochure.
I believe ground clearance will reduce a bit with side step, anyone having prior experience with it, is ground clearance reduction manageable?
techcoze is offline  
Old 22nd January 2023, 22:34   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
are they mandating to get the essential kit? is it worth it? didn't get a chance to check the accessories.
Nope, essential tag is their packaging. You can choose your accessories as per your need. Attached is what is included in the essential kit.
Attached Images
 
ar14920251 is offline   (3) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks