Team-BHP - My New Fiat Petra !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My New Fiat Petra ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2612-my-new-fiat-petra.html)

Me and my wife today visited Sundaram Automobiles in Chennai , and we closed the deal for a new Fiat Petra with them. The dealer said the delivery will take about 2 weeks. I hope it arrives sooner than that , as I am really excited about it !!
I have chosen the Stock Silver Frost colour which gives the car an elegant look .

Earlier before choosing the car,I test drove an older Siena 1.6 *( which is the almost the same as the Petra) and it is one sturdy beast with fast and smooth acceleration. I could touch 100kmph on *a relatively empty city road stretch without actually trying to speed :-)

I plan to put some good upholstery on the seats to make it look plush. would it be better to go for ready mate seat covers or get them tailored ?
The Petra EL sadly does not come with Fog lamps and there are no grooves in the bumber either to fit them . Is there a way to still fit them ?
I also need to pick up a good music system. a Head unit which can play Audio and MP3 CDs with good audio quality . Please suggest a a good brand and model .

-Beetle

Hey congrats beetle. BTW hasnt the Petra been renamed to Siena???

Congrats on your new car!!

[ BTW hasnt the Petra been renamed to Siena??? ]

The dealer here did not mention the name rollback to Siena . But I am wondering why they should do that !

-Beetle.

Congrats Beetle on your new car - I am from Chennai too & just picked my car last week. I would suggest that you get yourself a good Pioneer system. If you plan to put leather seats, you will need to order them. The rest (Art leather, PVC & cloth seat covers) should be easily available at most shops on GP road. The Pioneer 5650 should be a decent model that will cost you around 8500. I know a good place where you could pick up your stuff from - Its called Car auto accessories & is on Woods Road (Off GP road), Ask for Sunil - He will be able to help you out in getting a good deal.

Happy motoring.

Veipe

Thanks for the tip Veipe . I will check out the shop that you mentioned when I shop for accessories.
I am not looking for leather seat covers though - So will look at the ready made stuff first.

-Beetle

Nope, its the Siena that has been rebadged the Petra in keeping with Fiats new global branding policy.

Congratulations on a very sensible buy. A 100 BHP with high levels of safety and class-leading ride quality for 5 lacs!

GTO

makes me wonder. how is it that Fiat can afford to sell a C-segment car for 5lacs when the others charge near 6.

hey beetle
enjoy your new car.
yes you can get fog lamps put.
i suggest u ask the dealer to do so. he will be able to do them properly.
also i suggest u go for art leather as real leather is too expensive.
dont pay more than 2000 though
also the pioneer is an awesome deck
you should get a stock on and ask the guy from who u are buying to suggest a good set of speakers to be mated to the audio system.
i would rather suggest tht you get an cass. player and a trunk loading mp3 player or a single mp3 player which comes seperately.

any way
cheers on your new car and i hope it serves you well
cheers
lamborghini

Hi
first of all congratulations for your new car.

Abt the music system even i'd suggest that you go for Pioneer 5650 if you plan to install an amplifier & a sub woofer. If not then Pioneer 4650 should suffice for your mp3 & audio cd's needs. In fact you would also save around 1500bucks on it Pioneer 4650 costs around 7k +/- 100-200.

About the speakers i'd suggest you go in for Pioneer 6990's in the rear which cost not more than 3k. If you can spend around 4500 then go for 690R's that GTO has in his car..or else a cheaper option would be Pioneer 6980 at arnd Rs 2500

I'd advise you to go for in-dash cd/mp3 reciever against what lamborghini has said. Trunk mounted changers tend to skip a lot. I've seen it happening many times & it takes the whole fun out of music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (sid_lath @ June 16 2004,20:02)]makes me wonder. how is it that Fiat can afford to sell a C-segment car for 5lacs when the others charge near 6.

dont forget tata
thier indigo is also a 5 lac car

congrats on ur new car.

drive safe,
satya

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (sid_lath @ June 16 2004,20:02)]makes me wonder. how is it that Fiat can afford to sell a C-segment car for 5lacs when the others charge near 6.

but no one will buya petra for 6 lacs

satya

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ June 16 2004,22:45)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b

dont forget tata
thier indigo is also a 5 lac car

Well... Dear friend it`s all the the hood mean the metal used by the co.s the fiat and tata`s alws used ruged but strong type of metal sheets where as korean and toyotas uses light weight and good finished metal sheets which obviouly not only looks gr8 but also helps in increasing Fuel Efficiency.

Imagine a situation where indigo`s engine is fitted into light weight body structure... wht will be the result... do know the side effects but surely the Fuel Efficiency will cross over 30 km/l of diesel *

2f2f

Thanks for your all wishes folks .
I have to say the happiest person is my wife , as the choice saved a lot of money

I had earlier set my eyes on more expensive cars like the New Honda City which I believe is the best allround car. But the VFM proposition of the Petra finally tilted the balance in its favour.

Art leather sounds interesting and I will surely take a look at it.
and for the System the Pioneer 4650 should suffice for me ,and In dash CD and MP3 player is preferable with Better quality speakers.

-Beetle