Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 08:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm1316 View Post
Did anyone hear about the launch of KA4? The dealer I am in conversations with is telling me that they are going to come in August in a petrol hybrid variant with price hike around 10-15lakhs

@morphin1, any updates from your dealer in Delhi?
Did the dealer mention anything about the diesel variant?

A friend is considering the Carnival in Chennai and I asked him to check with the Dealer about the KA4. The Sales person spun a yarn that it is not due for the next 12 months for sure and it will cost Rs.70L. That can't be true right?

Also, the TD Carnival sent by KUN KIA seemed to have a broken power steering and it was noted to be very difficult to steer. The sales person claimed that a customer dropped the car into a gutter and that caused it. They hadn't fixed the issue though. The Sales Person and the Dealer seem to be raising alarm bells already. I've asked him to try another Dealer.
Old 9th March 2023, 18:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A friend is considering the Carnival in Chennai and I asked him to check with the Dealer about the KA4. The Sales person spun a yarn that it is not due for the next 12 months for sure and it will cost Rs.70L. That can't be true right?
I have heard similar stories from a reliable source. The new carnival is more likely to come next year as a CBU with a 60L approx pricing.

If they want to command that much of a premium compared to the Innova Hycross then it better offer comfort closer to the Vellfire than the Innova.
Old 9th March 2023, 18:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

But Carnival is not 'that' type of a vehicle to command such a huge price tag. Its just a Mini van in the lines of Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna.
Agree that these are segment higher in terms of typical MPVs like Innova (both in features as well as size), but cannot compete with the likes of Velfire.

More than the creature comforts, current price is the biggest advantage of present day Carnival.
Old 10th March 2023, 03:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have heard similar stories from a reliable source. The new carnival is more likely to come next year as a CBU with a 60L approx pricing.
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
But Carnival is not 'that' type of a vehicle to command such a huge price tag. Its just a Mini van in the lines of Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna.
Agree that these are segment higher in terms of typical MPVs like Innova (both in features as well as size), but cannot compete with the likes of Velfire.

More than the creature comforts, current price is the biggest advantage of present day Carnival.
I hope they can assemble it locally and price it sensibly. Irrespective of who gets the money (KIA and the Government), 1/2 a crore is a lot of money for this van.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 19:44   #20
BHPian

Any information about the KA4 launch date. I remember seeing a post here for a launch in April and deliveries immediately.
Old 24th August 2023, 14:06   #21
BHPian

Any updates on the launch, prices and engine trims?

My dad all of a sudden seems keen to book Hycross despite expecting delivery next year. Looking at the Hycross, my mind is just not willing to accept that car yet. Maybe after a year, when things have cooled down and the initial euphoria of Toyata and the dealers wears off, i might consider it.

My heart is set on the Carnival somehow. Looking for a delivery around mid or Diwali of 2024(unless dad goes ahead with hycross and we get an early delivery)
Old 24th August 2023, 21:30   #22
BHPian

The new Carnival should come in Q2/Q3 2024. It has retained quite a cult following despite being out of production for 6 months now.
sf71hvettel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 11:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Given all the negative news around diesel, what drivetrain will power this car?
I really doubt this will make it to our shores. Kia has their hands full, why would they trouble themselves with a product, which would at best rake in 1k units a month. If they need a halo product, they already have one in the form of EV6

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks