Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:51   #556
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash_1806 View Post
I have a question for the BHPians who might have driven the Jimny 3 door, how is the ride quality compared to the Maruti Gypsy which has a leaf spring suspension? I believe that the 5 door version shall be slightly better than the 3 door version in terms of ride quality due to the longer wheelbase. Will it be liveable if considered for daily driving?
The ride quality in the Jimny 3 door is actually not that bad. But when you compare it to similarly sized crossovers and hatchbacks, it feels a bit on the bouncier side. It also doesn't hug the road at high speeds like the other cars do. Being a proper 4WD with a high center of gravity, it has limitations.

However, the ride is nowhere as rough as it is in the Gypsy. I have driven the 3rd gen Jimny a couple of times (on road only) and it was a much more compliant ride than the Gypsy. Friends who have used Gypsys in india and the 4th gen Jimny abroad also confirm this. And as far as the 5 door is concerned, in all probability, the chassis extension will add more composure to the ride. Guess we will all have to wait and find out.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th February 2023 at 10:17. Reason: Typo
aravind422 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 22:39   #557
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

IMHO.
I don't know certainly but with more of Jimmy sightings and videos, I get Tempo Trax ( old gen) vibes with boxy finish.
Even HM Trekker would win pageant if fitted to current times.

Cult feeling apart, I guess Maruti/Suzuki are capitalising this aptly. I feel this should not exceed 14L top trim.

A well maintained Trekker from Alleppey from recent vacay

Just checked it's been 15 years of love story ❤️ with this addiction called team-bhp
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20220601_092601.jpg  

Last edited by rajesh.palaria : 3rd February 2023 at 22:51. Reason: Anniversary
rajesh.palaria is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 12:00   #558
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Jimny done in 80 ways. For some reason a lot have been using Rays wheels with different Tyre makes and sizes. I'm excited for my Jimny. My dealership received 200 bookings in ten days. Im sticking with Goodrich 215s tyre size.

Vulken Auto is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 20:31   #559

The Fronx models have started to arrive at showrooms as per Rushlane. Wish Jimnys arrive soon too.

https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-fron...-12457779.html
Old 5th February 2023, 08:00   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

A beautiful ad for Jimny.

BoneCollector is online now   (50) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 10:08   #561
BHPian

when do the deliveries start?

any time line on test drives?

All we can do for now is see the 3door version ride reviews from international market.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 10:33   #562
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
A beautiful ad for Jimny.

Oh man I just absolutely love this! Real tear-jerker for one such as I, who have loved these Gypsys and things since I first encountered one in 1985.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 23:00   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
when do the deliveries start?
Deliveries from May 2023. Price announcement supposedly in April 2023.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 23:28   #564
BHPian

New Suzuki Jimny 2023 top speed test

This trip starts out all innocent as the team grab a stock as a rock Jimny and try to take it up one of Victoria’s toughest tracks. Of course we don’t make it, so we return with taller mud tyres for a second attempt and then again with even bigger tyres and a suspension lift for our final shot.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th February 2023 at 07:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
murlidar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 16:22   #565
Senior - BHPian

A word of caution to the new 4x4 enthusiasts who haven't done any driving off-road. These brands like Mahindra, Isuzu and Toyota would love to sell you a lifestyle that involves big jumps, donuts in the dirt, driving through pristine jungles, wading through crystal clear rivers and arriving at heaven on earth with a damsel standing there in an outfit totally unbecoming of the environment she is in. No explanation offered as to how she got there or, more importantly, how she got there before you in your fancy new 4x4.

How?

How did she bypass the horde of angry villagers who make merry everytime a bunch of off-road vehicles drive on public property that belongs to nobody?

How did she evade the organized thugs who accost the unsuspecting city slicker and his/her better half, ask for non-existent permits, harrass them with irrelevant questions, invade their private space and threaten harm unless they are paid?

How did she outwit the "excessively competent at catching innocent nature lovers while the poachers go about their business unhindered" forest rangers?

The outdoors is not what you imagine and India is not friendly towards strangers who arrive in fabulously equipped 4x4 vehicles carrying all manner of paraphernalia and entourage. It is a land best explored quietly on foot. Tread lightly and avoid drawing too much attention to yourself and your ride.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but one that I have arrived at after run-ins with all manner of two legged obstacles to living free.
gsferrari is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 17:15   #566
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
A word of caution to the new 4x4 enthusiasts who haven't done any driving off-road.
This is probably an unpopular opinion but one that I have arrived at after run-ins with all manner of two legged obstacles to living free.
Thanks Brother. I honestly and completely resonate with what you have written. I feel the same and indeed have made similar points on another of these new age 4x4 threads. I have at first hand seen the deterioration of pristine nature through the hand of Mankind, in places like Munnar, Anamallais, Nilgiris, Coorg, Chikmagalur, Wynaad etc.
We absolutely need to tread lightly. India doesn’t have clear demarcations of land so one may very well be trespassing. And there is no green laning or special 4WD zoning. We have only a few dedicated off road tracks. I would heartily recommend that all aspiring newbie 4WD enthusiasts do an orientation first. Its best to pay attention to these facts before roaring off into the sunset or sunrise. Also in a largely poor country, large numbers of would be adventurers running around the countryside can cause a lot of angst with local people who aren’t so well off and who are just subsisting and the sudden arrival of multiple city slickers in fancy 4x4s can upset the balance . It also causes irreparable damage to the environment. No one realises just how much, because it is an unregulated ‘sport’ but Ive seen the havoc caused in the monsoons in the ‘estate country’ by normal timber logging trucks themselves let alone many high revving noisy smoke emitting 4x4’s. The tremendous amount of damage to the plants and the root systems itself is frightening. Along with the small animals, birds, insect life etc. Whatever said and done, the eco systems are fragile. We need to respect these facts.
I am not intending to be a spoil sport. This is merely a word of caution.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th February 2023 at 17:17.
shankar.balan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 19:56   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thanks Brother. I honestly and completely resonate with what you have written. I feel the same and indeed have made similar points on another of these new age 4x4 threads. I have at first hand seen the deterioration of pristine nature through the hand of Mankind, in places like Munnar, Anamallais, Nilgiris, Coorg, Chikmagalur, Wynaad etc.
We absolutely need to tread lightly. India doesn’t have clear demarcations of land so one may very well be trespassing. And there is no green laning or special 4WD zoning. We have only a few dedicated off road tracks. I would heartily recommend that all aspiring newbie 4WD enthusiasts do an orientation first. Its best to pay attention to these facts before roaring off into the sunset or sunrise. Also in a largely poor country, large numbers of would be adventurers running around the countryside can cause a lot of angst with local people who aren’t so well off and who are just subsisting and the sudden arrival of multiple city slickers in fancy 4x4s can upset the balance . It also causes irreparable damage to the environment. No one realises just how much, because it is an unregulated ‘sport’ but Ive seen the havoc caused in the monsoons in the ‘estate country’ by normal timber logging trucks themselves let alone many high revving noisy smoke emitting 4x4’s. The tremendous amount of damage to the plants and the root systems itself is frightening. Along with the small animals, birds, insect life etc. Whatever said and done, the eco systems are fragile. We need to respect these facts.
I am not intending to be a spoil sport. This is merely a word of caution.
I share your opinion and legitimate concerns here. While you have been cautious with your disclaimer at the end of your post, I will be straight up when I say that unregulated off-roading does a lot of damage.

Twice, I was a part of OTR experiences near the NCR and while one was run rather well with routes through already established dirt roads, the other one was nothing more than a few people trying to prove who's got the bigger...engine. Their disregard for the flora and landscape was reminiscent of that one time in Delhi when I was offered Blue Label in a plastic glass (car-o-bar).

I think 4x4s make a lot of sense in India only because of our road conditions, better visibility and relative safety to our foil built sedans.

Sure, some of us will head to Kunzum La / Shinku La once in a year. But then feel a little goofy when an Alto with a chrome grill, seating five, passes by sprinkling fine Himalayan powdered rocks through our sun-roofs.
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 21:58   #568
BHPian

The closest car to the Jimny in terms of external dimensions is the Premier Rio. However, the similarities end there.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-riojimny.jpg
Source- Google search. The credit goes to respective owners.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny-specs.jpg
Source

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-rio-specs.jpg
Source

The Jimny is slightly longer, a tad shorter but 75mm wider. With a wider front and rear track width, Jimny is guaranteed to have a stronger road presence.
Emvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 03:22   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
The closest car to the Jimny in terms of external dimensions is the Premier Rio. However, the similarities end there.

Attachment 2415698
Source- Google search. The credit goes to respective owners.

Attachment 2415700
Source

Attachment 2415702
Source

The Jimny is slightly longer, a tad shorter but 75mm wider. With a wider front and rear track width, Jimny is guaranteed to have a stronger road presence.
Jimny dimensions and size against Ignis. Look at attached pictures for reference.

Jimny is 150 mm longer, 15mm narrower, 125 mm taller than Ignis.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-11.jpg  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-12.jpg  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-121.jpg  

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 7th February 2023 at 03:49.
Vulken Auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 07:43   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Jimny dimensions and size against Ignis. Look at attached pictures for reference.

Jimny is 150 mm longer, 15mm narrower, 125 mm taller than Ignis.
The dimension table / comparison is discrepant.

JIMNY 5-Door

Length x Width x Height (mm) - 3985 x 1645 x 1720
Wheelbase- 2590mm

Source- Jimny official website

IGNIS

Length x Width x Height (mm) - 3700 x 1690 x 1595
Wheelbase- 2435mm

Source- Ignis official website

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th February 2023 at 09:45. Reason: Correction as requested
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks