Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 09:49   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Jimny reached showrooms at last.
People swarming the Jimny will put to shame the way ants swarm sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Jimny 5 Door (possibly blueish black) spotted near Shimla. In my opinion, the color looks fantastic.
The colour looks terrific. This guy is using brakes like there's no tomorrow. Will be many variables here, but is the red line an indication of extent of body roll with insignificant speed and mild curves.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th March 2023 at 11:12. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
bullitt1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 10:31   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
The colour looks terrific. This guy is using brakes like there's no tomorrow. Will be many variables here, but is the red line an indication of extent of body roll with insignificant speed and mild curves.
It might be an automatic leading to the brakes usage. Looks pretty normal to me as I am and AT user.

Saw the Jimny again yesterday. The rear bench is exactly 44 inches in length. I did carry a measuring tape with me. Some youtuber called Harsh was vlogging and I asked him to measure the boot which turned out to be 46 inches including the rear-tyre wheel wheel plastic offset.

Looked under the hood and was relieved to see ATF dip stick port which is also used to check level and refill the ATF. Love the old school 4 speed AT due to its ease of maintenance. Will be changing the ATF with Motul ones at 30-40K kms.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-img_8881.jpg

Same is also shown in the old Jimny service manual.
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-atflocatorinservicemanual.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th March 2023 at 11:13. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
purohitanuj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:02   #828
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
we can see now that 3 door could have faired poorly vs Thar just because of the size.
Talking of size, here is a comparison pic with the Thar.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-marutijimnytharmahindraspiedtogetherfirsttime768x432.jpg

Courtesy: Rushlane. Source
Knightrider is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:07   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
that road is also not flat, so there's that, but I did manage to "SREENGRAB" this one from the video.. I know it's not much but that's what we have to work with now.

EDIT: Just saw @Knightrider also posted the same from rushlane.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-photo_6095960178747880457_x.jpg  

Last edited by AjayV : 17th March 2023 at 11:11.
AjayV is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:19   #830
BHPian

Some reference of confirmed Bluish Black color when seen indoors.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-b1.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-b2.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-b3.jpg
purohitanuj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:40   #831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Talking of size, here is a comparison pic with the Thar.
Per google it is 1720 for Jimny vs 1850-1920 for Thar ( per different google results) Wagon R is 1675, so I don't think Jimny can stand anywhere near to Thar as far as road presence is concerned after the initial excitement fades. For people with shorter heights, this should not be any problem rather a benefit.

Quote:
Saw the Jimny again yesterday. The rear bench is exactly 44 inches in length. I did carry a measuring tape with me. Some Youtuber called Harsh was vlogging and I asked him to measure the boot which turned out to be 46 inches including the rear-tyre wheel wheel plastic offset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalyan_ice View Post
[Thar killer with the actual usable boot space.
Complete OT but this picture by himalyan_ice; reminded me of an old picture. I am around 5-10+
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-screenshot-20230317-11.38.36-am.png  

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-whatsapp-image-20230317-11.37.31-am.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:37   #832
BHPian

I re-read what I'd put up and figured I'd missed certain bits. So, here goes.

• The green / yellow colour is not just cheerful, but sort of classy in a "bold colour scheme on an expensive car" way. It'll sell really well in my opinion.
• The size is extremely good for big city and mountain driving. The paucity of parking spaces in both conditions makes the car even fitter.
• I don't recall seeing any DRLs. Don't think there will be OEM options for all time running fog lamps. But I sure hope so!
• If you have a car cleaning guy, he will finally have no reason to keep the roof of the car dirty.
• The road noise component given the unlined wheel wells could be pretty significant. Road noise is a significant contributor to fatigue on longer journeys. Will keep my biking ear plugs in the dash for sure.
• People who yank the car around while it's standing still "to check the suspension" are requested to check the vehicle for other visitors. Also, to teach us about the mystical reading of your yank-o-meter.
• The NEXA staff, at least my SA, Avnish Yadav was extremely courteous. Thank you!
• Any more than four adults is Vikram auto territory. That said, great for double dates.
• I see the car being a hot hit with women as well.
• I have come to understand that the accessories menu will be extensive.
• The product cannot be compared to the two door Thar. I would place both the two door and eventual four door versions of the Thar in higher price & product categories.
• The best way to think of the Jimny would be a more powerful, 4x4 equipped, SUV format Alto. Once the newness aura wears off, the bare bones basic character of the car will come forth.
• I do not think it'll be a good buy for anyone who cherishes good cabin space, quality fits, finishes and finds things like sun-roofs worth the cost.
• Which reminds me, thankfully, no sun-roof. You can't open it when it's hot, you can't open it when it's rainy, very cold, or dusty (which it always is). But I see kids (and adults sometimes) hanging out of them, enjoying the sweet taste of burnt rubber, exhaust gases and road muck. (So this is a very personal take.)

Now waiting for the price reveal and test drive. And decide if I need to google "car bottle holder".
(Yes MSIL, some of us do enjoy staying hydrated.)

Last edited by Himalayan_Ice : 17th March 2023 at 12:42. Reason: Typo(s), grammar
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:38   #833
BHPian

If Maruti doesn't go overboard with the price, I can imagine it doing 7-8k consistently.
While Thar is pretty impractical for a daily driver. Jimny can actually be used a primary car for most poeple.

Although with this size and power, it won't convert any Thar fans for sure.
vellatechie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:47   #834
BHPian

As far as road presence and overall size are concerned, I don't believe the Jimny and Thar can be discussed in the same breath. The Thar wins the contest hands down. However, why are these cars frequently compared? Simply put, both vehicles are 4-seater UVs with 4WD capability, and their silhouettes are comparable regardless of their size (and number of doors).

Given these factors, I don't think it would be feasible for Maruti to price the Jimny at a premium and market it as a niche product. The niche market has never been Maruti's forte. If priced in the "Thar price bracket," I believe seven out of ten people would give the Jimny a miss and opt for the Thar. The cheaper RWD variant of Diesel Thar is a package that is extremely hard not to consider. I may be way off with my prediction, but as a prospective Jimny buyer, this is what I am thinking.
Emvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:49   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalyan_ice View Post
And decide if I need to google "car bottle holder".
(Yes MSIL, some of us do enjoy staying hydrated.)
OT: Please see 1 of the items from my Jimny List on Amazon India. Please excuse the color of the bottles.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084GPPFJJ/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

After yesterday's visit, I am afraid that these might not fit as well

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny-car-bottle.jpg
purohitanuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:00   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it is the blueish black ( fingers crossed as I have booked the same ).
The color in the video looks too dark to be nexa blue. Please see image below and let me know what you think. I could be wrong but I hope this is what I have booked as the color looks amazing.

Attachment 2429513
This is blush black, this video and the motorbeam one do reflect the same color shade as in the bluish Black color of the international 3 door Jimny. I booked the same. On the website the shade looks a lot more different from the regular black but the actual color is a much more subtle in difference.Remains to be seen how it stands out against cladding applied with protectant.

The dual tone is available only in kinetic yellow and red so the blusih black roof will stand out.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:00   #837
BHPian

Unless you can put serious weight on that tray at the back, which I doubt, the 5 door thar obliterates it (bar pricing.)

I've seen the 5D Thar in person. I have a few words of condolences to the Jimny.... They'll perhaps get a 3-4 month headstart on the Thar, but that's about it.

1. A thar is a thar. I am in rajasthan currently. As a CRDe and mHawk owner, I know what respect it commands. Jimny? No one has heard the word. I have been given a free pass on minor errata on the road, at tolls, etc. Simply because people took pics with my car.
2. I've seen too many Maruti torn apart like ice cream cones on the highway to know better. Yes, I have a K series 2010 swift (first batch of the new engine, old chassis) and it's a stunner (the handling and tough* steering are for the ages.)
3. My mum drove a Ritz (branded Vauxhall into 3 other cars in the UK all while decelerating
from 80 MHP and she escaped with two bruised ribs. I'm shocked. This is what the swift (1st build) and its siblings (the Ritz) can achieve build quality wise. Why is the new swift 200 kilos lighter? Super high strength steel? Right, seen that video from Prateek Singh? One star each (NCAAP) child policy (expresso, swift, ignis etc.)? Lastly,
4. Bottle holder in front? Jimny, we need water.
5. If high GC cars aren't jumpy enough without much mass to keep them flat at high speed, what comes of this car on Indian highways? I can tell you this with surety - at over 80 KMPH, rumble strips in the Thar disappear.

Most significantly, if one has to modify the jimny to be mildly offroad ready, what's the price proposition here?
10L diesel Thar?
12L 5 door Jimny?
13L 5 door Jimny with offroad tyres?
14L 5 door Thar diesel 4x2?? (speculative)
16L 5 door Thar diesel 4x4?? (indicative)

*tough steering on a semi rally car is perfect. I needn't hear otherwise.
wooka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:09   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
As far as road presence and overall size are concerned, I don't believe the Jimny and Thar can be discussed in the same breath. The Thar wins the contest hands down. However, why are these cars frequently compared? Simply put, both vehicles are 4-seater UVs with 4WD capability, and their silhouettes are comparable regardless of their size (and number of doors).

Given these factors, I don't think it would be feasible for Maruti to price the Jimny at a premium and market it as a niche product. The niche market has never been Maruti's forte. If priced in the "Thar price bracket," I believe seven out of ten people would give the Jimny a miss and opt for the Thar. The cheaper RWD variant of Diesel Thar is a package that is extremely hard not to consider. I may be way off with my prediction, but as a prospective Jimny buyer, this is what I am thinking.
Maruti should consider a RWD version also. 90 % people do not need 4*4. Thar 2wd will have serious competition in 2wd jimny
rkmountain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:29   #839
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
I've seen the 5D Thar in person. I have a few words of condolences to the Jimny.... They'll perhaps get a 3-4 month headstart on the Thar, but that's about it.

1. A thar is a thar. I am in rajasthan currently. As a CRDe and mHawk owner, I know what respect it commands. Jimny? No one has heard the word. I have been given a free pass on minor errata on the road, at tolls, etc. Simply because people took pics with my car.
Like a thar is a thar, A Jimny is a Jimny.

The beauty of Jimny is, it is pulling even people who never even considered 'Thar', into the segment.
I know a handful who had no idea about offroading, now looking seriously into Jimny as it is petrol with great mileage, small for city usage while being a true blue off roader with better specs than 'Thar' like solid front axles. These people know that 'Thar' existed before.

Many who are looking for a second small car in the city/town but do not want to settle for tiny hatchbacks as they have good budget will automatically buy Jimny and that is the target market for Jimny in my opinion -> Urban and Sub Urban small car buyers with extra budget to explore something lifestyle oriented. Thar cannot satisfy this as it is way too wide for city usage and returns poor mileage.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 17th March 2023 at 13:31.
tarmacnaut is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:52   #840
BHPian

Does Jimny come with DRls? No mention of DRLs anywhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks