Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 21:05   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidIqbalShaik View Post

8. Suzuki Is Planning To Price The 5-Door Jimny Around INR 18,00,000 On-Road. That’s A Lot Of Money For This Vehicle. The 5-Door Jimny Is Neither As Big Nor As Powerful As Thar. It Also Doesn’t Come With Many Features. It Should’ve Been Priced Around INR 15,00,000 On-Road. With An On-Road Price Of INR 18,00,000, It Will Be Dead On Arrival.
All I have been seeing and reading on the Internet is that the price is likely to be between 12 to 14 Lacs. Many are saying even 10 to 13 Lacs. Even if we consider there as ex-showroom prices the OTR price will not reach 18L.

Where did you read about it being around 18L OTR. At 18L OTR I think it will be too overpriced for what it offers, notwithstanding the excellent pedigree and 4x4 credentials.
Traveler is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 22:23   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
All I have been seeing and reading on the Internet is that the price is likely to be between 12 to 14 Lacs. Many are saying even 10 to 13 Lacs. Even if we consider there as ex-showroom prices the OTR price will not reach 18L.

Where did you read about it being around 18L OTR. At 18L OTR I think it will be too overpriced for what it offers, notwithstanding the excellent pedigree and 4x4 credentials.
At this price its dead on arrival for sure . However i have asked around many from Maruti and they say price for Jimny is below 14 lakhs for the top end Automatic .
Old 15th January 2023, 23:20   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Where did you read about it being around 18L OTR.
I am extremely sorry for not providing any details in my last post about why I mentioned the expected on-road price of the 5-door Jimny to be INR 18,00,000. Well, I haven't seen that price anywhere or read about it anywhere but that's what I expect the maximum on-road price of the top-end automatic variant of the 5-door Jimny to be. Once again, that's the maximum I expect the 5-door Jimny to be priced at.

If Maruti Suzuki manages to price the 5-door Jimny below the price that I have mentioned then it will be good news for all of us. But I don't want to get my hopes high, especially looking at the price of the Brezza, which costs INR 16,98,000 in Hyderabad. I expect the 5-door Jimny to be slightly pricer than Brezza because of the additional structural and mechanical components it offers. Since Brezza anyhow costs INR 16,98,000, I am expecting the price of the 5-door Jimny to be around INR 18,00,000.

I would also like to mention that sometimes the leaked information might turn out to be wrong. For example, previous leaks and rumours suggested that the 5-door Jimny will go on sale in August. But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Latest reports suggest that the prices will be announced in May, which is when the car will go on sale. So, I rely on my calculations more than I do on leaks and rumours. That's why I believe the maximum price of the 5-door Jimny to be INR 18,00,000 when everyone else is expecting it to be INR 16,00,000 at maximum.

But that's just my opinion, which many people might not agree with. I might be proven wrong and I will be happy if I am proven wrong. After all, it will save me money. Fingers crossed. Also, my last post was so long that I forgot to mention many points in it, and the point about the expected price of the 5-door Jimny was one among them. Once again, my apologies for confusing people or giving them the wrong impression.

Last edited by AbidIqbalShaik : 15th January 2023 at 23:33. Reason: Added additional information.
AbidIqbalShaik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 23:21   #154
BHPian

I have booked one. My SA told me that price will be revealed in March itself although I doubt that claim.

No matter how good the product is I’m not going to pay 18 for it. 14 will be a sweet spot that will increase the number of buyers exponentially and Maruti’s forte is numbers game. I’m sure they are going to be sensible enough.
Zanskar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 23:41   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanskar View Post
I have booked one. My SA told me that price will be revealed in March itself although I doubt that claim.

No matter how good the product is I’m not going to pay 18 for it. 14 will be a sweet spot that will increase the number of buyers exponentially and Maruti’s forte is numbers game. I’m sure they are going to be sensible enough.
As per an interview that Mr. Shashank Srivastava gave at Auto Expo, the Jimny will be available by End of April. This implies that pricing will be announced by March definitely.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 01:16   #156
BHPian

Water wading capacity of Jimny is just 300 mm. Buyers from Urban areas which gets flooded easily like Gurgaon or Bangalore should be aware of this parameter. Jimny without a proper functional snorkel fitment will die in the first flood of 2023!

Since Jimny will be manufactured in Gurgaon, whether the final product will have a functional snorkel?
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 02:03   #157
Senior - BHPian

The Jimny with its solid axles, narrow track, light weight and short (relatively) wheelbase is going to be an extremely competent, nimble and a mountain goat of an off roader for sure.
We can expect a niggle free and reliable long term ownership with good A.S.S.
Also a petrol offering makes it better suited to cold weather conditions.
Safety wise it has just managed a 3 star ANCAP rating though.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 16th January 2023 at 02:05.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 03:19   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Water wading capacity of Jimny is just 300 mm. Buyers from Urban areas which gets flooded easily like Gurgaon or Bangalore should be aware of this parameter. Jimny without a proper functional snorkel fitment will die in the first flood of 2023!

Since Jimny will be manufactured in Gurgaon, whether the final product will have a functional snorkel?
I don't know how much Will be, but i'm pretty sure this is way more than 300mm

It's impossible to have only 300mm when the Air intake is over the right headlight

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-enelgaragedeautoblogsuzukijimny.jpg

But there's a Jimny With snorkel from the Factory...... In brazil

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-suzukijimnysierra4sport2023.jpg

Last edited by wacso : 16th January 2023 at 03:23.
wacso is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 05:31   #159
BHPian

Back in 2006, on rounds to buy a helmet for my two-wheeler, I walked past the Tata Motors showroom on Lal Bagh Road, Bengaluru. The Safari Dicor on display looked majestic, and I had a 4x2 registered to my name n*a month's time.

For 14 years, across 1.96L KM, it took my family and me to remote corners of KA, TN, AP, TS and MH in supreme comfort. No breakdowns, not many niggles, roomy, relatively safe, go-nearly-anywhere, indestructible, unpretentious. It had character and presence. The only complaint was its unsure handling on highways at speeds; not the mere 115 bhp or lack of engine refinement.

It's been sold for two*years now, and none of the launches since then has gotten me as excited as the Jimny. It has the same unpretentious bearing, but now packaged over a supremely capable off-the-tarmac build; the same character, over more modest dimensions. And, being a Maruti, it promises to be reliable and relatively stress-free to maintain.

I'm in my mid-forties now, and the next decade would likely be my last active one. There are places I wanna go and things I wanna experience. With my wife and daughter this time. And, I want a vehicle that wouldn't come in the way of that.

I now have the task of convincing my family, and myself, to agree to this goofy-looking, compact, 3 or 4-person vehicle that cannot ferry all of our uncles, aunties and friends on weekend trips, ply about on airport duties or tear along our highways (we do have a relative's i10 Grand on extended rent-free loan as a city beater and a reasonably comfortable long-distance tourer). But, I do hope it could take us to remote monuments, dark skies, scenic mountains and camping spots to make some memories that's worth more than having a fancy badge with a sunroof in the garage.
dearchichi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 09:06   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

The OE tire size of Jimny is 195/80/15 which is ~693mm in diameter. Half of that is ~ 346mm. So the water wading depth of Jimny if its given as 300mm is few centimeters short from wheel mid point and way lower than where the air intake is.

They, the company, would have arrived at 300mm as water wading depth, a very conservative number taking into consideration the breathers (differential and transmission) under the car which does not have factory extended lines (afaik only Gurkha has extended breathers from factory).
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 09:35   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For those who are thinking of AT vs MT version of the Jimny, please have a look at the video below. To summarize the AT is a super slouch of an engine/transmission combo. So, unless you are going to predominantly using it in the city as an urban commuter, I suggest skip the AT and go for MT.

I am still in two minds. I love the overall package, but just don't like MT any more. So, I will either have to go for comfort of AT and skip the performance of the MT or vice versa. Since my usage will be mostly in rural/mountain settings, I think I may have to settle for MT.

4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 09:46   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
For those who are thinking of AT vs MT version of the Jimny, please have a look at the video below. To summarize the AT is a super slouch of an engine/transmission combo. So, unless you are going to predominantly using it in the city as an urban commuter, I suggest skip the AT and go for MT.
I can definitely vouch for this. As i had mentioned on the Jimny thread in the International Car Scene section, I came back highly underwhelmed and disappointed after a drive of my friend's Jimny AT here in Australia. The car felt anaemic and underpowered, and this was on a brand new car! I went back and checked reviews which confirmed this wasn't something i imagined, or wrong with the particular car, but is a downside of the AT unit on the Jimny.
benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:26   #163
BHPian

All discussing the water wading capabilities of Jimny:
Anything above 300mm water will need breather tubes for differentials. Its not the air inkate but diffs. - Maruti Suzuki is playing safe here.

Even in stock form, the water wading (for sometime) is much higher than 300mm.

See an article here:
https://www.danbp.org/p/en/node/109

Last edited by purohitanuj : 16th January 2023 at 10:29.
purohitanuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:32   #164
BHPian

5 door Jimny with a NO 5 Star rating is a strict no no. Wish Suzuki gives it at least a 4 Star rating. It will make it a perfect touring vehicle for the hills.
Old 16th January 2023, 10:35   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyocean View Post
5 door Jimny with a NO 5 Star rating is a strict no no. Wish Suzuki gives it at least a 4 Star rating. It will make it a perfect touring vehicle for the hills.
A. Suzuki cannot give it rating. Suzuki can work in direction to get 5 star rating.
B. Old rating for the 3 door has been 3 star. I dont see a reason to get better for 5 door. Would be much worse as the 3 star rating had camera based autonomous braking and warning system with lan guidance assistance.
C. Don’t expect Jimny to be a touring vehicle. It is a niche purpose car; thats all.
Expect it to be 2-3 star only.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 16th January 2023 at 10:36.
purohitanuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks