Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2023, 00:34   #226
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
So, with 4 full sized adults on board, the height drops by 40-50 mm because the ground clearance reduces (210 mm to 170-160 mm?) and hence the ramp breakover angle becomes ~22°?

What could be the solution?

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...t-norms-405409

Quoting from the article above:
“As per the directives of the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), ground clearance measurements must now be done with the vehicle loaded to its maximum authorised gross vehicle weight (GVW). Prior to this, measurement was done with a vehicle at its kerb weight (unladen).”

Hope Jimny is complying with the ARAI norms.
Zanskar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 00:35   #227
BHPian

Where are the Chiffon Ivory and Jungle Green colors?

Hope they add these too.
Old 18th January 2023, 08:04   #228
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPilaniya View Post
Where are the Chiffon Ivory and Jungle Green colors?

Hope they add these too.
For some reason the Jungle Green and similar colours never seem to be offered in India. I really don't understand why.
From the present colour palette on offer the Granite Grey and Nexa Blue and Pearl Arctic White look nice.
But I’ll wait to see them in the metal before making up my mind which colour looks nicest.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-b765905b2dc24b76a86d7628c820a615.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 09:13   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
For some reason the Jungle Green and similar colours never seem to be offered in India. I really don't understand why.
From the present colour palette on offer the Granite Grey and Nexa Blue and Pearl Arctic White look nice.
But I’ll wait to see them in the metal before making up my mind which colour looks nicest.
I believe it has to do with some kind of Army regulation as they want to sell it in good numbers to the Army just like the old Gypsy. Many years back the Army Green Color was not allowed on any 4 wheeler in the country. I think the rule was changed some years back though.

I would have booked the Army green for sure if it was launched. My next favourite was kinetic yellow but I figured it will be a crowd magnet and will attract unwanted attention.
Went with bluish black instead, as they say can’t go wrong with black. Also somehow to me Jimny looked bigger in dark shade when I saw it in person (granite grey@auto expo) and I already have a granite grey Scross so went with Bluish black.
Zanskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 09:37   #230
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanskar View Post
I believe it has to do with some kind of Army regulation as they want to sell it in good numbers to the Army just like the old Gypsy. Many years back the Army Green Color was not allowed on any 4 wheeler in the country. I think the rule was changed some years back though.
There is a specific shade of Olive Drab/ Olive Green used by our Army which is not allowed for civilian usage. The Jimny’s Internationally offered Forest/ Dark Green is not the same.
Even the Gypsy which is used by our Army was offered in Harvest Green and this is very different from the Army Olive Green. (See my Gypsy in the pic).
In the 2000’s Mahindra used to offer a Turf Green on their Bolero and Scorpio. It was a Dark Green but different from the Army shade.
In today’s scenario the Scorpio N is also offered with a deep Jungle Green and this is also different from the Army shade.
This is why I don’t think it has anything to do with the Army regulation per se, but more to do with some kind of internal market research that Maruti must have undertaken. Sadly if this is the case, their sample set of respondents are very different from you and me
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-68f52c6e3b704b269807b91e6764f95a.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 09:47   #231
BHPian

Quote:
This was how the earlier Jimny was tested:

https://Youtu.be/lNj0izrVDT0

Hope now we understand the capabilities of Jimny in a better way.
I completely trust Suzuki's capability with respect to their engines and this Jimny. Got the Urban cruiser AT 6 months back, I didn't know Jimny would be launched in Jan 2023, otherwise I could have waited for Jimny. Now it will hard convince my wife to
MotoDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 10:02   #232
BHPian

The paint shade I opted in my booking form is Kinetic Yellow. However, I am also feeling worried since general public get easily attracted towards this colour.

I have Granite grey Swift, hence didn't consider the Granite grey. Otherwise it's a nice colour.

Next option is Bluish Black. Problem with small black car is visibility for others at night, during dense fog, intense rains. All my long trips to mountain states start between 02-04 AM. Otherwise a shiny black Jimny with thick tires, what else do we need in life.

Will finalize the paint shade after price reveal. Chiffon Ivory or Sand Brown, Jungle Green would have been very good on Jimny.

Attaching a photo sourced from internet and applied black and white filter. [I am not sure about posting internet sourced photographs. If not allowed, it can be deleted by Moderators.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDrive View Post
Got the Urban cruiser AT 6 months back, I didn't know Jimny would be launched in Jan 2023, otherwise I could have waited for Jimny. Now it will hard convince my wife to
Urban cruiser is a very good Compact SUV. It has the same K15B engine+ 4 speed TC AT. My colleague just came back from Dhanaulti. He drove it on a very thin layer of fresh snow. Had to shift to "2" for the steep inclines and that's all. The car was covered under 2 inch snow overnight. He didn't face any trouble, drive was smooth. He informed that the fun quotient of MT was missing in highway, otherwise it is good for a sedate driver. FE on MID after the trip was 17. They get little less in city commutes. Primary user is his wife.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230117_110435_733.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 18th January 2023 at 10:18.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 10:06   #233
BHPian

Rules and regulations seem to be painful everywhere for the auto enthusiasts. There is a Jimny guy who uploads funny, entertaining and knowledgeable videos about his Jimny experience.

This episode is about the every-year mandatory fitness test at his place and the legal issues he faced due to exhaust mod in his one year old Jimny:-

tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 11:27   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Oh My God!
Your comparison photo just nails it.
Looks like, shorter than the regular sedans out there in the market. What would be the reason for this? Centre of Gravity for better handling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I fail to understand that how does the Jimny look so short in height with 1720 mm.
For reference, WagonR which is quite tall is 1675 mm and Brezza is 1685 mm.
I think the compression of shocks with 4 people onboard is significant. I have no idea if this is inherent nature of an off-roading vehicle. But this was visible while people were getting in and out. With 4 people inside i could easily lay my hand flat on the roof standing outside. Could see the roof ribs and Bluish Black paint on roof very comfortably. I have to raise my heel and stand on toes to see the same on my unladen XL6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanskar View Post
If you are referring to the image shared above, it has more to do with the wide angle lens of mobile phone/camera it has been shot with. Not the best reference. I saw it in person and to me it looked just fine.
Don't these lens/apps have similar impact on humans in picture? Can you share your height. How many people were inside the car when you checked it?

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 18th January 2023 at 11:37.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 11:42   #235
BHPian

Quote:
The paint shade I opted in my booking form is Kinetic Yellow. However, I am also feeling worried since general public get easily attracted towards this colour.
==============
They get little less in city commutes. Primary user is his wife.
Completely agree that the Urban cruiser is very good and capable! I Like it a lot but the desire to buy Jimny is getting stronger day by day, can't have two cars, just had bought the Urban cruiser AT by selling my brand new Suzuki Ignis in less than a year of purchasing it by convincing my wife, now it is impossible to convince my wife that I am going to buy a Jimny by selling Urban cruiser!

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th January 2023 at 18:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2023, 11:45   #236
Senior - BHPian

Is copy of the Adhaar including the unmasked number a requirement for the booking confirmation? Every Tom, Dick and Harry seems to require this if you so much want to take a piss. I provided the masked eAdhaar and the dealership has put my booking on pending. Apparently they need the unmasked aadhaar.

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 18th January 2023 at 11:46.
Old 18th January 2023, 11:54   #237
Senior - BHPian

The 3 door Jimny is tow rated for 1300Kg braked and 350Kg unbraked trailer. Hope the 5 door is similarly capable.
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-tow_rating.png

The front hubs are vacuum locked/unlocked when changing to 4WD and 2WD. So as long as the system works which it should being a Suzuki one doesn't need to bother with manual locking hubs except for maybe an offroad centric build.
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-vacuum_hub.png

Jimny is not a car and don't drive it like one. The manual couldn't stress this enough! While I believe the 5 door with long wheelbase would and should be more stable on the road than the 3 door, one still need to understand that Jimny is a softly sprung high GC mountain goat.
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny_not_a_car_1.png
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny_not_a_car_2.png
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny_not_a_car_3.png

If one has to wade in waters deeper than 300mm keep the following in mind.
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-water_wading.png

Jimny JB74 3 door user manual PDF copy is attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jimny_JB74_Global_Owners_Manual.pdf (6.35 MB, 3664 views)
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 12:06   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Checked out Jimny today at Expo. Quick observations.

- Size definitely felt small(I am 180cm). At least until the price is out, lets not compare it with Thar.

- I feel this is an extension of Gypsy and should not be compared with Thar. For a family of more than 2, I doubt this can be the primary car.
Exactly, Thar is more of a family SUV, with its independent front suspension in the front. The design is a blatant copy of Wrangler in every angle and is nothing similar to the Thar CRDe or older Mahindra Jeeps in terms of heritage.

The Jimny is more of an offroader with solid axles in both front and rear and a true successor to the Jimny/Gypsy heritage in terms of size, design and performance.
tarmacnaut is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 12:21   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
... I provided the masked eAdhaar and the dealership has put my booking on pending. Apparently they need the unmasked aadhaar..
Did it online. No such fancy requests.
Old 18th January 2023, 12:43   #240
BHPian

Japanese video showing 235/75R15 on stock suspension without any lift. The 5 door suspension did seem a bit more raised to me than the 3 door version. I guess the 235/75R15 will fit even nicely in 5 Door Jimny.

purohitanuj is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks