Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2023, 15:35   #346
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
How come zeta variant came in green color. There was no green color option in Zeta variant when I booked the vehicle.
That's the signature Kinetic Yellow color.
Old 21st January 2023, 15:50   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Zeta AT comes shod with 195/80R15 Bridgestone Duelers. It misses out of fog lamps....Steel wheels with some red paint on underbody. Is it red oxide?.....Duelers.....Missing headlamp washers and fogs.....Halogen headlamps.....Interiors....Same person standing next to XUV5OO and Jimny.
Thanks for sharing.

Hoping that this is the production version and not just a testing vehicle.

The steelies gives it more purpose and if this is final spec, then glad that the Kinetic Yellow is not limited to the Alpha (though I am painfully realising that it is bright green just now). Also this doesn't seem to have the black roof, while the website/press release shows that Yellow is available only with the bluish black roof. So this is a pre-production unit?

Fog lamps are the easiset retrofit, while IMHO the halogens look much better than the LEDs which gives me aftermarket Chinese light vibes. Though I really miss the headlight washers. (DIY retrofittable? )

The brochures said the door handles will not be body coloured, but they are in this. So pre-production model or brochue typo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
How are the build quality and interior plastic panel quality? Do they have flex like usual Maruti Suzuki cars of India or sturdy enough? I heard that the build quality is good and interior is rattle free for the Japan manufactured Jimny available in European countries in the YouTube videos posted by European users.
I do remember seeing a short video (either YouTube shorts or Instagram reels) where the guy shows the roof popping up and down when he slams shut the door.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 16:15   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

How are the build quality and interior plastic panel quality?
Sorry, I didn't get to check it. I'll ask my source.

Quote:
I guess this is a pre-production car/ testing car.
Yes. This one most probably is a pre-production car.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 17:01   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I do remember seeing a short video (either YouTube shorts or Instagram reels) where the guy shows the roof popping up and down when he slams shut the door.
Could be this, at 4:10??

wacso is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 17:36   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacso View Post
Could be this, at 4:10??

https://Youtu.be/RLwLiKh7Dxc
Thanks. How could I miss that it was Matt Watson!!!

In my mind it was some Russian/Central Asian guy who was doing it.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 17:40   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Can you share a link to this review please?
This is not the review in discussion but if you haven't seen this review, the reviewer is 5'10"

OPMaurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 17:42   #352
BHPian

There used to be a time when lower variants of cars, specially the Maruti Suzuki cars used to have ugly looking black bumpers and black door handles. In modern era, things have changed a lot and we do not usually see such odd things now.

Earnest request to MSIL, keep the door handle flaps painted in body colour irrespective of varinats. Don't make them ugly looking black like 90's and early 2000s.
Old 21st January 2023, 18:09   #353
Senior - BHPian

So finally the most awaited model from Maruti Suzuki is out, albeit with the suspense of the price tag. Broadly I believe the buyer segment would consist of following categories
a) People requiring a trusted Maruti to use in the city with an additional 4wd capability for occasional venture into the wild
b) People who always used to drool over the Gypsy but somehow couldn't own it because of various constraints and now is the chance to own a slightly different but more 'sophisticated' version off the shelf (me included!)
c) A small but highly enthusiast group of off roaders willing to test its true capabilities as part of weekend adventure

After the initial euphoria settles down, the key to success of the vehicle entirely depends on the pricing and a premium NEXA oriented price tag would not be beneficial. It is a compact capable vehicle but doesn't seem to be in the league of notional 'SUVs' or 'family friendly' touring vehicle. On road price of around 10-10.5 Lakh for at least the base version would be a promising figure!
After owning a pre-THAR era 4wd Jeep, presently using a 4wd pick-up truck (Isuzu Vcross), and searching for a replacement of the tried & tested Alto (clocked around 1.4 Lakhs Km), the Jimny looks appealing to me but will wait till the picture gets completely clear.
Kandisa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 19:18   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I did it online too. A day later the dealer contacted me and said that to complete the booking they need all this information.........
Please elaborate what "all this information" means in terms of documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Did online here, selecting Bangalore dealership (Kalyani), and no calls so far.
Have you received a call from the dealer after you posted?
Zezé is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 19:36   #355
BHPian

Apart from the size difference and the ARKAMYS tuning, would anyone happen to know the difference between Smartplay Pro and the Pro+?

And how plug-n-play would be to switch the manual folding ORVM for an auto folding one?
Would love to hear if anyone has tried this in another MS vehicle?

I've booked the Zeta AT and on initial assessment found most of the differences between it and Alpha AT either non-essential (for me) or easily DIY-able (like fog lamps). Also would be buying a good set of tyres (for comfort+safety) from the price difference between Zeta and Alpha.
sammysossa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 19:58   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Have you received a call from the dealer after you posted?
Someone did try to call me but I couldn't attend the call. Got an booking confirmation email from then, sometime after that call I missed.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:36   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Please elaborate what "all this information" means in terms of documents.
1. ID proof - insistent on Aadhaar. Unmasked - masked eAadhar won't do
2. Address proof if address different from #1
3. Pan card of self and nominee

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:44   #358
BHPian

Booked Bluish Black Zeta AT variant on 14, got confimation on same day. On 19 Jan received a call from Maruti Suzuki regional office for verification if dealer informed me about booking., after 2 hrs my dealer contacted me and assigned a relation ship manager. I submitted pan card , Adhar details over whatsapp. Next day QC team contacted me and sent a confirmation , my vehicle is to be delivered by April. After some time maruti regional office contacted me enquiring about all details and checking on dealer.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 21st January 2023 at 20:47.
Vulken Auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:52   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Some insights to the future direction of Maruti Suzuki products. Also some thoughts on the Fronx and the 5d Jimny.

- Jimny's K15B was kept as is due to faster launch to market in mind. (More testing, etc.)
- Expect same off roading capabilities to be same as the 3d variant. (Short overhangs, limiting wheelbase and length were the limiting criteria)
- Jimny is expected to be perform well as both a city car as well as an off-roader.
- Fronx is totally designed by Indian engineers following the Suzuki global design process.
- Expect the 1.0L boosterjet engine to appear in more cars from Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st January 2023 at 21:12.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:54   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Booked Bluish Black Zeta AT variant on 14, got confimation on same day. On 19 Jan received a call from Maruti Suzuki regional office for verification if dealer informed me about booking., after 2 hrs my dealer contacted me and assigned a relation ship manager. I submitted pan card , Adhar details over whatsapp. Next day QC team contacted me and sent a confirmation , my vehicle is to be delivered by April. After some time maruti regional office contacted me enquiring about all details and checking on dealer.
I guess all this attention to customer service must have been before Maruti was deluded with bookings. In any case, it is a positive sign that company is taking the customer seriously.
Zezé is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed