Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2023, 10:21   #496
BHPian

re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This will help fill the wheel arches better!
See pics taken in Dxb.
This would still be pretty much inside the wheel well , most youtube videos i have seen on Jimny always fit spacers even with this tyre combo.
Old 31st January 2023, 10:35   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
For some reason bluish black color is dark blue rather than black, very close to nexa blue. Black color in jimny is non metallic.
Interesting, when I was searching, it is pretty close to the “blackish ageha glass flake” from Toyota. I haven’t seen either live, only online pictures but I think it’s black with a hint of blue. Else they cannot even name it black. To give more realistic example, the royal blue ink inside the bottle. It’s almost very black unless taken out and loaded into the pen.

Edit: probably you’re right - it’s more blue and can’t compare them.

My eyes are playing tricks. But I know this- it will age well. Looks classy and Royal.

Last edited by AjayV : 31st January 2023 at 10:47.
Old 31st January 2023, 10:46   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For some reason bluish black color is dark blue rather than black, very close to nexa blue. Black color in jimny is non metallic.
Believe it is the same black being offered globally.

Has a blue tinge under direct light, but black otherwise.
Old 31st January 2023, 11:00   #499
Senior - BHPian

Jimny Bluish Black, its black with a hint of blue under bright sun. Honestly Jimny colour options offered are mediocre, some of the best colours have not made it here. But from the list of available colours I like Bluish Black after Pearl White.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny_bb.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny_bb_2.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 31st January 2023 at 11:02.
Old 31st January 2023, 11:08   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This will help fill the wheel arches better!
See pics taken in Dxb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
This would still be pretty much inside the wheel well , most Youtube videos i have seen on Jimny always fit spacers even with this tyre combo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Believe it is the same black being offered globally.

Has a blue tinge under direct light, but black otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Jimny Bluish Black, its black with a hint of blue under bright sun. Honestly Jimny colour options offered are mediocre, some of the best colours have not made it here. But from the list of available colours I like Bluish Black after Pearl White.
Yes Sir, this is the black pearl blue what we get in India. There is one more black non metallic offered.

I like my wheels flush to the body, hence 215s with no spacers.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:34   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sir, this is the black pearl blue what we get in India. There is one more black non metallic offered.
Even the Japanese website offers only the Bluish black option. Checked the European sites too. Given how popular the Jimny is for aftermarket modifications, there is a good chance some may have wrapped/painted proper black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I miss the khakhi/ desert beige colour (Chiffon ivory), though I am more glad that they even offered the Kinetic Yellow in India.

Not sure if the Medium Grey elsewhere is our Granite Grey, but it surely gives a nardo grey vibe. Another one I noticed is that ours is the only market which has got the bright Red colour option so far.
Old 31st January 2023, 11:46   #502

Quote:
For some reason bluish-black color is dark blue rather than black, very close to nexa blue. The black color in jimny is non metallic.
Even when booking the car I got confused regarding the blue color. In the end, went ahead with Nexa blue only. Also noticed that the Nexa blue in the brochure and on the website seems to be different somehow. Maybe due to light or something
Old 31st January 2023, 11:51   #503
BHPian

Other markets get Bluish Black Pearl paint shade (which is perhaps a metallic pearl effect finish, whereas in India it is mentioned as "Bluish BLACK" only, the word "Pearl" is missing according to the 5 door Jimny brochure published.

Hence this can only be understood after seeing the colour shade physically. Or someone working in Maruti Suzuki production vertical can confirm?

The Granite grey colour showcased in Autoexpo looks like a metallic finish. My Swift is Granite grey, but it is darker than the Jimny we saw in Autoexpo.

Someone who visited Autoexpo can throw some light on this? Kinetic Yellow is anyway a solid colour, without any metallic finish. But it had the roof in bluish black shade.
Old 31st January 2023, 12:06   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Other markets get Bluish Black Pearl paint shade (which is perhaps a metallic pearl effect finish, whereas in India it is mentioned as "Bluish BLACK" only, the word "Pearl" is missing according to the 5 door Jimny brochure published.

Hence this can only be understood after seeing the colour shade physically. Or someone working in Maruti Suzuki production vertical can confirm?

The Granite grey colour showcased in Autoexpo looks like a metallic finish. My Swift is Granite grey, but it is darker than the Jimny we saw in Autoexpo.

Someone who visited Autoexpo can throw some light on this? Kinetic Yellow is anyway a solid colour, without any metallic finish. But it had the roof in bluish black shade.
Since Bluish Black grew on my mind from youtube videos, I had this in my checklist while visiting Expo.

Had a good look at the roof of Kinetic yellow car in Bluish Black. Under the strong lights of the arena one can easily see good dose of sparkles in the paint. Outdoors, under clouds or poor lighting it would be very close to Black. In Fact in generic cameras it might turn out regular black unless lighting is very good. Up close it looked much better than usual black colors to me. Something in between Navy blue and Black with sparkles. Under bright sun, it will definitely stand out when seen in person.

I am already dreaming a Bluish black with wider AT tyres. My finances laughing in the background though

Even if pearl is missing from the brochure, it looked more in line with Bluish Black pearl sold outside seen in youtube videos. I guess gauging a color based on 3 door looks may not be helpful with this. I am sensing this stretched dimensions might affect choice of color for many people when cars in actual color start showing up.

May be somebody good with photoshop can help with editing colors on 5 door version.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 31st January 2023 at 12:22.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:09   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even the Japanese website offers only the Bluish black option. Checked the European sites too. Given how popular the Jimny is for aftermarket modifications, there is a good chance some may have wrapped/painted proper black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
The only black I can see the Jimny offered in is the Bluish Black and under different lightings it looks from black to dark metallic blue. And on all dual tone Jimny the top is Bluish Black, the world over. Any other black must be a mod job. India should get this same Bluish Black tint although the "pearl" is missing in the brochure.

Quote:
I miss the khakhi/ desert beige colour (Chiffon ivory), though I am more glad that they even offered the Kinetic Yellow in India.

Another one I noticed is that ours is the only market which has got the bright Red colour option so far.
The Sizzling Red must be from the Brezza paint bucket which is a horrible looking tint of red. Baleno/Fronx red would have been better.

The Chiffon Ivory or Jungle Green would have made the Jimny stand out from the rest of Maruti's shades.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:40   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Since Bluish Black grew on my mind from Youtube videos, I had this in my checklist while visiting Expo.

I am already dreaming a Bluish black with wider AT tyres.

I guess gauging a color based on 3 door looks may not be helpful with this. I am sensing this stretched dimensions might affect choice of color for many people when cars in actual color start showing up.
We live for once only. And choosing Jimny for any city dweller non off-roading enthusiast is a heart over mind decision. Go for a base variant and replace the tyre and add other accessories as necessary after few months.

The Kinetic Yellow colour with Black roof looks very good on 3 door Jimny. 5 door Jimny base variant in this colour was not looking that great in the apartment parking space that we saw recently. Hence, you are absolutely right regarding the colour choice for this stretched version.

However, since visibility is very important for my usage pattern, I will continue with the Kinetic Yellow till the time we get to see it physically.

Last edited by RijuC : 31st January 2023 at 12:54.
RijuC is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 13:18   #507
BHPian

I booked Zeta AT bluish black on 14 Jan. I owned a dark blue gypsy King ST when in school, it looked a killer . Any way i dont want the same color , but if its blackish blue I will go for it or else Grey or Yellow in Alpha variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-g1.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 13:21   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Something in between Navy blue and Black with sparkles. Under bright sun, it will definitely stand out when seen in person.

I am already dreaming a Bluish black with wider AT tyres.
I'm dreaming the same. Booked the base variant so the black steel rims and the black handles will blend in very nicely. Black at night and deep blackish blue in the day.
I'm surprised MS reserved the Yellow for the top variants only.

I believe modding must be done gradually and not on the day 1, just let the vehicle come into the family and slowly step by step adding mods is easier on pocket and every time a new mod is added, it gives out dopamine and gives the "its a new/different car" feel every time.

Can't wait for a TD and seeing in person.

Since you got the opportunity to physically be there, did you get into the driver's seat? do you think the seating height/position is similar to the XUV300 or the Brezza/Ertiga? or which vehicle does the seating closely relate to? Thanks a lot.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 14:16   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post

I believe modding must be done gradually and not on the day 1, just let the vehicle come into the family and slowly step by step adding mods is easier on pocket and every time a new mod is added, it gives out dopamine and gives the "its a new/different car" feel every time.

Since you got the opportunity to physically be there, did you get into the driver's seat? do you think the seating height/position is similar to the XUV300 or the Brezza/Ertiga? or which vehicle does the seating closely relate to? Thanks a lot.
Not sure about XUV300, but i can tell you in reference to XL62022 (I own) and Brezza.

Jimny does not come with height adjuster. Even at the lowest setting XL6 seat is higher. I have driven a friends Brezza LXI K15B (no adjuster) multiple times. I found Jimny's seat to be at almost same height like Brezza. But I think seat height may not be a concern for average or above average height in terms of all around visibility and headroom, unless that "Unchi Gaadi" is what one is looking for. I guess those buyers would already be looking at something else.

What could be a parameter to ponder about is the seat comfort and size which will vary person to person based and their usage. In that short presence inside cabin, I felt even Ignis seats have better contours and comfort.

None of this will matter in a heart over mind decision but just in case somebody wants to list +/-.

I have a different opinion on tyre mods. With my experience in current and previous car, i feel its best done upfront after purchasing the car. But with due research even before purchasing the car. Stress being not on a significantly bigger size but a much better tyre than oem provided stock. In my opinion that seat covers/lights/accessories can wait but tyres first.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 31st January 2023 at 14:26.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 14:35   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about XUV300, but i can tell you in reference to XL62022 which i own.

Jimny does not come with height adjuster. Even at the lowest setting XL6 seat is higher. I have driven a friends Brezza LXI K15B (no adjuster) multiple times. I found Jimny's seat to be at almost same height like Brezza. But I think seat height may not be a concern for average or above average height in terms of all around visibility and headroom, unless that "Unchi Gaadi" is what one is looking for. I guess those buyers would already be looking at something else.

What could be a parameter to ponder about is the seat comfort and size which will vary person to person based and their usage. In that short presence inside cabin, I felt even Ignis seats have better contours and comfort.

None of this will matter in a heart over mind decision but just in case somebody wants to list +/-.

I have a different opinion on tyre mods. With my experience in current and previous car, i feel its best done upfront after purchasing the car. But with due research even before purchasing the car. Stress being not on a significantly bigger size but a much better tyre than oem provided stock. In my opinion that seat covers/lights/accessories can wait but tyres first.
Thank you. I’m 6’ tall so I was comfy in XUV300. Not so much in ignis or any hatch/sedan unless it’s an auto as my knee and ankle pains a lot and I’m coming from a 19 year old Santro which my dad had and I just couldn’t drive it more than 10-15 mins due to the pain. I intend to keep the Jimny for 10 years easily.

So of all the vehicles I drove, I found xylo the comfiest (I know odd but there’s that) and XUV300 felt at home, didn’t get a test drive but I could feel the comfort.

I hope the Jimny doesnt cause any pain because I’m building castles in the air. Only a proper manual TD will help out. Else gotta pick the more expensive auto.

If you’re planning on early tyre mods, check if the brand new tyres/unused would have more value in exchange at the showroom so that you can directly get it balanced and aligned from showroom and start the adventure.

I’m super excited and dreaming of the black steel rims on thicker tyres with white lettering for the bluish black jimny. I’m sure she’ll look killer even in stock form.

Also, do the wheels come balanced/aligned from factory? Probably a Stupid question but I’ve seen instances of that in Gurkha.

One thing almost nobody mentioned (or did I miss) are the two horizontal silhouette pattern on the left and right bottom of the A pillar, carried over from its legacy.

Last edited by AjayV : 31st January 2023 at 14:54.
AjayV is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks