Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 12:45   #781
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
It seems that the plans have been cancelled and the further dates shall be announced later.
Moved by a day for Chandigarh - will be displayed tomorrow. Let’s expect more news of displays (I believe it is 3 days at the dealer) for now, as Sales guys get more information across dealers.

Also, no training dates announced for service mechanics - once that is done the launch should follow in a few days.
mustysekhon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:09   #782
BHPian

I had written an email to NEXA last week regarding updates on the Jimny. Received a reply:-

Quote:
" We thank you for bearing with us so patiently for delivery of your MARUTI JIMNY ISS ZETA ALLGRIP PRO 1.5L 4AT

As you are aware that the vehicle which you have chosen is on high demand pan India. We will delivered the vehicle to you satisfactorily as and when received.

As of now the vehicle had soft launch at auto expo. but the vehicle is not been launched at dealerships.

We will keep you posting on any further updates with regard to the delivery schedule as and when received.

We hope you will understand that our endeavor is to give you the best of our services and hence the delay, we can assure you that the wait will be worth it.

Please feel free to contact us, that we can keep the required documentation, accessories readyso as to avoid any further delay delivery.

We regret the inconvenience caused, and we assure you the best of our services always.

Thank you once again for choosing the MARUTI JIMNY ISS ZETA ALLGRIP PRO 1.5L 4AT & Nexa Dehradun (Rohan Motors Limited) as your preferred dealership.

To summarize, we will get back to you when your car will get dispatched."
At least they replied...
There is no indication about the availability of the Jimny at the showroom!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th March 2023 at 13:46. Reason: Easier to read than all bold.
dileep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:33   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Please feel free to contact us, that we can keep the required documentation, accessories readyso as to avoid any further delay delivery.
This is most probably from the dealer and not Maruti Corporate?

I think if this reply were a post on TBHP, it would get an infraction for poor writing, and/or no proof reading .

Please request them to try Grammarly while they wait for Jimny.
Dry Ice is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 14:22   #784
BHPian

History repeats itself. Sort of. There was a time where you'd book a scooter / car and then wait in a long queue for it to be delivered.

MSIL, which launched the first car that signified breaking that tradition, has come full circle to have taken a "booking amount" from its customers and then have them waiting sans any information, till the company so pleases, or sees fit otherwise.

It could be anything from someone in the management who is suffering from a bout of nostalgia, general incompetency of the product / planning division, or sheer apathy for the Indian customer that has led to the current behaviour.

Regardless, their cavalier attitude in terms of customer service is astounding for any modern brand.

Now with the Jimny, it is possible that this planned / unplanned delay leads to MSIL painting themselves into a corner.

Why?

• The rate of inflation (national) does not seem to have cooled down. Possibly leading to a round of quantitative tightening, which will make auto loans that bit more expensive. We have to keep in mind that automotive loans are fixed interest.
• The rate of inflation (US) has not cooled down as required either. Mr. Powell raises rates, less investment flows into India, and MNCs continue their layoff spree. This effectively reduces the corporate recreational buyer market size, which, in my view is sizeable for a product like Jimny.
• For people who are enthusiast for the brand (who MSIL is treating like third grade citizens right now), passions can be overturned into dislike due to further delays and pricing at a severe premium.
• For people who don't really go off-roading and need a car that handles our roads without trouble, Thar RWD has emerged as a very real option.
• For people who are comfort oriented, there already exist a whole lot of options to choose from.
• If badly priced, people will choose to wait for the Thar 4x4 five door option.

Unless the vehicle is priced VERY sensibly from a VFM perspective, the 16000 (or whatever) number that MSIL is touting and thinks is the tip of an iceberg, could very well turn out to be a breakaway floating ice cube i.e. the actual market size could be a small fraction of the total addressable market.

Yes, there is a mismatch between demand and supply of vehicles in the Indian market with long waiting periods.

Yes, a product with fantastic DNA like the Jimny will be received really well by the market.

But MSIL probably is forgetting one thing that distinguishes the 1980s customer from the 2020s Indian customer.

We are spoilt for choice, and no matter how "iconic" the product, we aren't afraid to pick value and excellence in customer service over it any day.

Well at least that's what my experience tells me. If not, all I stand to lose is INR 500.
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:36   #785
BHPian

the jimny is at a showroom somewhere... saw this video some days ago.

aasheeshmehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:19   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshmehta View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=0G1V...nnel=IndiaRevs
Even I was confused watching this few days back. But then the obvious questions popped up:

Suzuki bikes under same roof? Arena cars alongside Jimny? I thought Jimny was supposed to be a Nexa product.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:35   #787
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=0G1V...nnel=IndiaRevs
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Even I was confused watching this few days back. But then the obvious questions popped up:

Suzuki bikes under same roof? Arena cars alongside Jimny? I thought Jimny was supposed to be a Nexa product.
What you are looking at is not a showroom but Suzuki pavilion at Auto Expo 2023, and Suzuki like most other bike makers gave the Auto Expo 2023 a miss, they just gave a spotlight of their bikes from Global portfolio.
Old 13th March 2023, 22:36   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post

This was at Maruti Suzuki corporate head office as per the YouTube channel.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-screenshot_20230313223159_dolphin.jpg
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:53   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
This was at Maruti Suzuki corporate head office as per the YouTube channel.
Correct! This is in Vasant Kunj. The 3 door Jimny from Auto expo 2020, the Gypsy Escapade from Auto Expo 2014 and the Gypsy rally edition from Auto Expo 2012..All made their way to the head office after the event was over.
mpant05 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 18:40   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpant05 View Post
Correct! This is in Vasant Kunj. The 3 door Jimny from Auto expo 2020, the Gypsy Escapade from Auto Expo 2014 and the Gypsy rally edition from Auto Expo 2012..All made their way to the head office after the event was over.
Well from the photo from it looks like a 4 door Jimny

Received news from RM that Jimny is going to be on display at Pasco Nexa Gurgaon (Opp Bristol Hotel) for 2 days i.e. on 16 and 17 th March 2023.
Old 15th March 2023, 19:07   #791

After a long silence, today I received a mail from the dealership where I booked.
On one side it kindles the excitement while seeing a notification on my mail box from Nexa dealership. On the other side the mail doesn't even has an exact launch date and price reveal info update.
I think it's just a reminder to make us realize that we have booked
Here I'm attaching the screenshot for our T-BHP family.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-screenshot.jpg  

Mr. Carlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 19:38   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Manual Vs AT Gear Ratios

So the Manual/AT choice for the Jimny was really troubling me for some time. Had some free time today and decided to dig into the ratios. I got the gear rations from the Suzuki New Zealand Web site. Compiled the Information in the image below:

To put it mildly the Manual will have way better performance off and on road. The AT will work only in the cities and possibly on the highway because it has an over drive ratio which the manual doesn't.

If you are thinking of using it off-road, I think Manual is the way to go. Just from seeing the pathetically tall ratios for the Automatic, I am inclined to get the Manual. I live in the hills and a better spread of gear ratios are important to me. For the Automatic the slightly shorter final drive ratio and the shorter transfer case gear helps in 4Low, but in 4 High you won't have any engine braking.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimnygearratios.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 20:20   #793
BHPian

Thumb rule for a true blue 4x4 is:

If you have knee trouble, opt for an AT;

ELSE

Opt for an MT.

Meanwhile, my SA confirmed for a display of the new 5 door Jimny in PASCO NEXA Platina Building MG Road Sikanderpur Gurgaon on 16 & 17th March. He also shared some photographs of the veiled Jimny on social media status.

Last edited by RijuC : 15th March 2023 at 20:25.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 22:41   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Thumb rule for a true blue 4x4 is:

If you have knee trouble, opt for an AT;

ELSE

Opt for an MT.

Meanwhile, my SA confirmed for a display of the new 5 door Jimny in PASCO NEXA Platina Building MG Road Sikanderpur Gurgaon on 16 & 17th March. He also shared some photographs of the veiled Jimny on social media status.
Yes, I have booked at same NEXA showroom and SA told me it will be unveiled at 11 am on 16th march. I am planning to go there in evening but parking is huge hassle there so just wondering if I should wait for initial rush to settle.
jimmzbond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 22:55   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Meanwhile, my SA confirmed for a display of the new 5 door Jimny in PASCO NEXA Platina Building MG Road Sikanderpur Gurgaon on 16 & 17th March.
Hi RijuC, If possible please do share your feedback on build quality etc and how you would compare it with a Thar. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed