Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 23:38   #796
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
Yes, I have booked at same NEXA showroom and SA told me it will be unveiled at 11 am on 16th march. I am planning to go there in evening but parking is huge hassle there so just wondering if I should wait for initial rush to settle.
Enter from the the fish market side entry, take right turn and drive upto Mahindra showroom and then take left turn, enter the basement and park your car in basement 2 or 3. Take the elevator to the ground floor, come out of the reception lobby, turn left and you are at the entry door of this NEXA showroom.

This is absolutely hassle free. Do not park outside the fish market or the nursery area. My colleague got challan last week. Otherwise you can easily get parking below the Kalyan jewellers/ Bar-be-que Nation or Spencer/ MGF Toyota and then cross the road by walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
Hi RijuC, If possible please do share your feedback on build quality etc and how you would compare it with a Thar. Thanks
Sorry mate, I am out of station for few days. Visited the dealership twice on Monday but there was no-show. Hope our other TBhpian friends will cover the display tomorrow and we will get all answers we are looking for. Meanwhile, with adequate active and passive safety features, and same lineage of the international version of Jimny; we hope our Indian 5-door version of Jimny would be a great true blue 4x4 SUV.
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 23:51   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Enter from the the fish market side entry, take right turn and drive upto Mahindra showroom and then take left turn, enter the basement and park your car in basement 2 or 3. Take the elevator to the ground floor, come out of the reception lobby, turn left and you are at the entry door of this NEXA showroom.

This is absolutely hassle free. Do not park outside the fish market or the nursery area. My colleague got challan last week. Otherwise you can easily get parking below the Kalyan jewellers/ Bar-be-que Nation or Spencer/ MGF Toyota and then cross the road by walk.

Sorry mate, I am out of station for few days. Visited the dealership twice on Monday but there was no-show. Hope our other TBhpian friends will cover the display tomorrow and we will get all answers we are looking for. Meanwhile, with adequate active and passive safety features, and same lineage of the international version of Jimny; we hope our Indian 5-door version of Jimny would be a great true blue 4x4 SUV.
Thanks for the guidance. My SA just shared video of car being unloaded from trailer at Pasco. It was his whatsapp status message. I would have preferred to see some other color but it's same kinetic yellow which few people will buy. I will capture few pics tomorrow and share, but please don't expect high quality of photographs Jimny definitely stands apart from other cars. Some after market accessories like roof rail can make it look more macho than the toy look of kinetic yellow one. I will again go and check thar (showroom is right next door to Pasco Maruti). I am still indecisive between the two.
jimmzbond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 06:58   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Thumb rule for a true blue 4x4 is:
Not always bro. A good AT with enough ratio's can be used for both with good results, but in Jimny's case, you are 1000% correct, MT is the way to go if you want performance on and off the road. [/quote]
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 10:33   #799
BHPian

Jimny reached showrooms at last.

Vulken Auto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 10:51   #800
BHPian

Got this e-mail from my Nexa showroom, from the "quality manager" no less.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-screenshot_20230316083649__01.jpg

This is one of the most haphazard launch from Maruti I've seen in a long time.
buzzy_boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 11:41   #801
BHPian

Got to see the 3 door version in person, liked the stance and compactness, would be ideal for city and occasional off roading. Waiting to test drive it.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-pxl_20230313_024721133.jpg
Chillout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 11:45   #802
BHPian

Jimny 5 Door (possibly blueish black) spotted near Shimla. In my opinion, the color looks fantastic.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th March 2023 at 16:58. Reason: As requested
purohitanuj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 13:01   #803

@purohitanuj: Are you sure that this is Blueish Black? I guess this is the Nexa Blue variant. Those Jimnys which has a black roof is actually painted with the Blueish Black shade. If so, blueish black should be pitch black with some very slight shade/glitter of blue. Here in this case, Blue shade is clearly visible. So can we call it Blueish black? So confused with that? Any thoughts on this line? Eager to know...
Old 16th March 2023, 14:21   #804

Based on the Team-BHP home page news item, if the pricing starts at 12 lacs, the top-end Alpha AT variant might get priced around 15-16 lacs. No?

In Hyderabad the on-road price might touch 20 lacs (considering it a second car). That is going to be very premium.
Old 16th March 2023, 15:08   #805
Distinguished - BHPian

More Jimny' SUV's reach Nexa showrooms. Maruti Suzuki Jimny cross 23,000 bookings

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th March 2023 at 15:35.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 15:24   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshrcp View Post
@purohitanuj: Are you sure that this is Blueish Black? I guess this is the Nexa Blue variant. Those Jimnys which has a black roof is actually painted with the Blueish Black shade. If so, blueish black should be pitch black with some very slight shade/glitter of blue. Here in this case, Blue shade is clearly visible. So can we call it Blueish black? So confused with that? Any thoughts on this line? Eager to know...
I think it is the blueish black ( fingers crossed as I have booked the same ).
The color in the video looks too dark to be nexa blue. Please see image below and let me know what you think. I could be wrong but I hope this is what I have booked as the color looks amazing.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimnycolor.png
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 16:05   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshrcp View Post
The same Jimny was also spotted by motorbeam and they also claim it to be bluish black.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimnycolor2.jpg

Both Nexa Blue and Bluish Black will have roof painted in same (respective) color making matter more confusing.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 16th March 2023 at 16:06.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 17:39   #808
BHPian

Though it is a compact car, the Jimny's brochure mentions a turning radius of 5.7 meters! That is almost first-gen Thar territory. Not expecting a Wagon-R/Ignis type of ease in congested turns. Yet, it is a bit concerning for a daily driver.
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 18:04   #809
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Though it is a compact car, the Jimny's brochure mentions a turning radius of 5.7 meters!
Good observation. I too noticed this. Surprisingly, it is about the same as my Mitsu Montero .
Old 16th March 2023, 18:25   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Though it is a compact car, the Jimny's brochure mentions a turning radius of 5.7 meters! That is almost first-gen Thar territory. Not expecting a Wagon-R/Ignis type of ease in congested turns. Yet, it is a bit concerning for a daily driver.
This was expected from its fixed live axles at both ends.

Hope this has EPS to make life a little easy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks