Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 11:48   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
To those who have seen the car in flesh, is the Nexa blue(Celeste ) color different from the plain Nexa blue on Baleno and Ciaz?

In the photos, this looks like a darker shade.
I don't think Maruti will vary the color so little that it is indistinguishable from the existing Nexa Blue. They are always over enthusiastic to cut costs and if they wanted to release a new color, they are likely to give out something that is noticeably different.
Old 17th February 2023, 16:58   #152
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
I don't think Maruti will vary the color so little that it is indistinguishable from the existing Nexa Blue. They are always over enthusiastic to cut costs and if they wanted to release a new color, they are likely to give out something that is noticeably different.
While many of the colors are the same across Maruti models ( applicable for other manufacturers as well ), Swift has a darker shade of blue called Midnight blue which I love. So was hoping the the Celestial blue would be more in line with that.

Even among the Nexa cars, I somehow felt the Ciaz is a shade ligher than Baleno though both claim to be Nexa blue.
Old 17th February 2023, 18:17   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even among the Nexa cars, I somehow felt the Ciaz is a shade ligher than Baleno though both claim to be Nexa blue.
Hope this confusion is not due to the difference between the older Nexa Blue and the new Nexa Blue shades.

Check out the difference in this XL6 video:

Knightrider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 18:29   #154
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That video explains it I guess. Thanks.
Looks like the new Nexa blue itself is darker shade. Best bet is walk into the showroom and see the cars in flesh.
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:13   #155
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

One of my known is looking to upgrade his WagonR AMT with the soon to be launched Fron-X.

His main priorities are that the car has to be Maruti, an Automatic, better build quality than WagonR, easy ingress and egress and a peppy yet fuel efficient petrol motor.

I have suggested him Fron-X 1.0 Boosterjet Zeta AT variant, knowing that Zeta should come with 6 Airbags, Wireless Android Auto/Apple carplay, and Boosterjet is good to (hopefully) drive, even with the AT.

However, I could not find much reviews on the Boosterjet on the erstwhile Baleno on internet.

Does the Boosterjet in Fron-X come with same specifications as in the earlier iteration on the Baleno ?

How is the real world performance, fuel efficiency figures of this engine ?

Last edited by DCEite : 22nd February 2023 at 19:15.
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:44   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Not a typo. It is halogen projector in Sigma and Delta. Other variants are equipped with LED multi-reflector headlights.
Are not projector lamps more advanced and brighter? Will the led reflector headlights on top models be adequate for night driving on highways. More so when there is not even a provision for after market fog lamps?

Last edited by murlidar : 22nd February 2023 at 22:14.
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Thats exactly why 100PS and 147NM torque and a better early torque delivery at lower rpm and the first 3 gears ratio adjusted accordingly is what the tuning could be and this could negate the generally known less mileage in city of the smaller turbos. Also Smart Hybrid is available on the turbo petrol engine.

Never know this may yield a better mileage.
smart hybrid may assist before turbo kicks in at higher rpm. Any way is smart hybrid supposed to be an advantage in traffic conditions and fuel efficiency in stop and go traffic?
Old 22nd February 2023, 23:17   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
smart hybrid may assist before turbo kicks in at higher rpm. Any way is smart hybrid supposed to be an advantage in traffic conditions and fuel efficiency in stop and go traffic?
I think the Fronx is reported to come with a mild hybrid (not smart hybrid), which means there is no electric motor to provide the boost. Mild hybrids would have start/stop system and possibly regenerative braking, which may help getting marginally better fuel efficiency (1-2kmpl).
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:04   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think the Fronx is reported to come with a mild hybrid (not smart hybrid)
Fronx will come with smart hybrid. (which is NOT a strong hybrid). Check first page of the thread.
Anxiousblock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:19   #160
BHPian

Quote:
I think the Fronx is reported to come with a mild hybrid (not smart hybrid), which means there is no electric motor to provide the boost. Mild hybrids would have start/stop system and possibly regenerative braking, which may help getting marginally better fuel efficiency (1-2kmpl).
'Smart Hybrid' is the brand name for 'mild' hybrid tech which does assist the engine during acceleration.

Quote:
ISG has a motor function as well. When the car starts moving from a standstill and is picking up speed, ISG uses the Torque Assist function to supplement the engine power during this initial phase of acceleration. As a result, you get better pickup while reducing the load on the engine.
The Grand Vitara comes with 'Intelligent Electric Hybrid' or 'strong' hybrid system.
ds.raikkonen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:46   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
'Smart Hybrid' is the brand name for 'mild' hybrid tech which does assist the engine during acceleration.
I realised that 'smart hybrid' is the term Maruti is using for mild hybrids.
For these systems to provide assistance during acceleration, they need to have either an electrical motor or some kind of electro-hydraulic system. Any idea how is it done?
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:39   #162
BHPian

Quote:
For these systems to provide assistance during acceleration, they need to have either an electrical motor or some kind of electro-hydraulic system. Any idea how is it done?
The ISG
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-generator.pdf
ds.raikkonen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:59   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
I think the starter generator itself acts as a motor

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...y/smart-hybrid

Last edited by murlidar : 23rd February 2023 at 17:01.
murlidar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 01:50   #164
BHPian

Quote:
vide assistance during acceleration, they need to have either an electrical motor or some kind of electro-hydraulic system. Any idea how is it done?
I believe the starter motor has been upgraded to:

1. Start engine.
2. Regenerate electricity when you take foot off the accelerator.
3. Provide torque assistance during acceleration.
4. Keep crankshaft (with AC compressor and alternator) spinning during coasting and idling, thereby enabling the stop start system. only fuel injector needs to be turned on to restart engine.

If the motor was powerful enough to drive the car without the ICE engine, it would have been strong hybrid.
Sumedik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 21:55   #165

Pre-Booking Maruti FRONX - Need Help

I am Pre-Booking Fronx and like to know:

1] Do i Pre-book same car at 2-3 Dealers so that i can get the vehicle at the earliest one that allocates me my car - Is this normal ?

2] Do i pay Pre-booking amount as cash (11K Only) ? and if i cancel later on dealer saying they will pay back in my bank account... so is it normal to pay cash and its safe?

3] What documents do i need to have on my Check-List for Pre-Booking and then when actually going ahead with the booking later on ?

Thanks Folks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks