Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 20:20   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023

Booked Fronx today

Alpha 1.0 Turbo AT in Opulent red + bluish black it is.

I hope 6 AT and 1.0 turbo combination is good. It was interesting to note that the 6AT has better 0-100 timings compared to 5MT in Swift (10s vs 10.6s) as per UK brochure.

I noticed in Fronx brochure that power and torque for 1.0 turbo could change as it is still under homologation testing.

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230124_201844.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 24th January 2023 at 20:24.
Dr.Naren is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 23:01   #92
BHPian

I am in the market for a car now, and am really torn between 3 different categories.
Have done researches but torn due to multiple constraints such as family needs, future usage, and everything.

Any suggestions.

General usage
- Mostly city drives
- Monthly out-station for 2 days or 3 days (400-750kms up and down each trip avg)
- Family of myself, wife, mother and 1.5 year old
- Need of an Automatic car
- Budget is around 12L but this XL6 for a long term feels like extend to 16L

Maruti XL6
+ Captain Seats
+ Remove last row and you have enough luggage room for fun filled long getaway
+ Stable ride, perfect family car

- Expensive, the Zeta AT is 16L on-road
- Zeta AT misses out on features like Ventilated seats
- Parking boss, big problem anywhere

Fronx
+ Compact design
+ All needed features in Zeta AT
+ Comes in budget and perhaps better than Nexon in that range

- Boot space is limited
- Unknown road presence still
- Misses out on UV Cut in Zeta AT
Old 25th January 2023, 00:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
If we are talking about driving primarily in heavy city traffic, a larger capacity NA engine will deliver more consistent performance and economy than a smaller turbocharged petrol engine. Your usage directs you in the direction of Brezza.
Thats exactly why 100PS and 147NM torque and a better early torque delivery at lower rpm and the first 3 gears ratio adjusted accordingly is what the tuning could be and this could negate the generally known less mileage in city of the smaller turbos. Also Smart Hybrid is available on the turbo petrol engine.

Never know this may yield a better mileage.

Last edited by sagsaw : 25th January 2023 at 00:07.
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 03:19   #94
BHPian

What should we expect in terms of safety? Looks like a decent upgrade from Ignis - 2019.
Old 25th January 2023, 05:06   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The car looks striking from the front and the rear, but the steel wheels and the gap between the wheel arches and the tyres are really an eyesore! In my opinion, the wheels could have been painted black and a wheel cover could've been provided, as seen on the Tata Punch or the Hyundai Grand i10. Do they have some wheel covers as an accessory ?
Old 25th January 2023, 11:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
What should we expect in terms of safety? Looks like a decent upgrade from Ignis - 2019.
I believe we are looking at a 3-4 star band of GNCAP rating if that is important to you. Since these vehicles would be going to Australia as well, i believe a decent safety package would be available. Whether or not Suzuki deploys it, is a different matter.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 12:30   #97
BHPian

Wow - this looks like a real Maruti Harrier now. I wish they could have added some character to have it stand out than resemble so close to its Indian competitor company.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 13:22   #98
Senior - BHPian

Where are the fog lights? Is this only Maruti that doesn't get fog lamps on its top variant?

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-2.jpeg
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 13:37   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Where are the fog lights? Is this only Maruti that doesn't get fog lamps on its top variant?
No fog lights just like Grand Vitara
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 15:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
No fog lights just like Grand Vitara
Oh damn there goes the hope of finding one in the genuine accessory list.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 15:51   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Oh damn there goes the hope of finding one in the genuine accessory list.
I think since the headlights are placed quite low, fog lights may not be needed.
TorqueNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 17:04   #102
Senior - BHPian

Dear Maruti,

I thought the auto community was smart enough to see through your bullshit by relauncing the Baleno and disguising it as a CSUV.

But apparently you are smarter than the Auto community because that seems to have worked.

But I Remember.

I remember the ZERO STARS and the Origami designs which other vehicles have played with your car.

From,
A Safety Conscious Indian.
2000rpm is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 22:40   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
I'll say if the rumors regarding improved safety are correct, we are looking at a car with 3-4 star crash test rating.
If talking about active safety, this car is a solid 5 for its segment. (When compared to the likes of Punch, C3, Magnite, Kiger, Altroz and Nexon.)

That said, nothing can be said of the scores, as Maruti has shocked us all, both in good and bad ways during earlier crash tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Dear Maruti,

I thought the auto community was smart enough to see through your bullshit by relauncing the Baleno and disguising it as a CSUV.
But apparently you are smarter than the Auto community because that seems to have worked.
I bet they are fooling no one lol because everyone knows this is just a bigger Baleno.
I was at the Auto Expo for two days, and overheard many people's opinions on the car! (including the tonnes of non-carguys who were there just to pass time)
The Baleno in this design is pretty visible and every single person was referring to this as a "Baleno's Bigger Brother", "Male version of the Baleno", or "Baleno that hit the gym"! No one was screaming "Oh wow what a great new SUV" or anything like that.

Plus, everything in Brezza's segment except the Mahindra trio are just reengineered Santros, Datsuns and Indica. Nothing wrong if Maruti follows the long list!

Quote:
But I Remember.
I remember the ZERO STARS and the Origami designs which other vehicles have played with your car.
From,
A Safety Conscious Indian.
As a Safety Conscious Indian, I think you need to be told some facts.
The India-spec Baleno has never been crash tested and the zero-star Baleno you talk about, is a Latin NCAP score, with passenger safety better than 4-star rated cars of Global NCAP. Still, irrelevant because it's not India-spec.

That said, I'm sure we will get to know about the safety of this and Maruti's other new and heavily updated cars like Baleno, Grand Vitara and Brezza, when Global NCAP stops with its obsession of retesting old, proven-unsafe and non-updated cars like Swift, Ignis and S-Presso, all of which have been crash tested multiple times, without release of any updated models.
theAutomaniac is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 03:07   #104
BHPian

Booked it on the 23rd.
However, the dealer - Rana Motors GT Karnal Road, Delhi has opened the booking for a Baleno, and in the booking docket has mentioned Fronx. When I checked online, the bookings are open on the website. I have a suspicion that they maybe playing around here. Has this happened with anyone else as well that the salesman has booked a Baleno in their online CRM and you have gotten a message for a Baleno since the booking has not been opened in the dealer's stock list etc.?
Old 26th January 2023, 12:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Booked it on the 23rd.
However, the dealer - Rana Motors GT Karnal Road, Delhi has opened the booking for a Baleno, and in the booking docket has mentioned Fronx. When I checked online, the bookings are open on the website. I have a suspicion that they maybe playing around here. Has this happened with anyone else as well that the salesman has booked a Baleno in their online CRM and you have gotten a message for a Baleno since the booking has not been opened in the dealer's stock list etc.?
Booked an Alpha AT with my dealer in Mumbai on the 12th, got a SMS from Maruti with a link to the booking confirmation PDF. It is a 5 page document with all the details of my booking right down to the choice of colour.

Hope this helps
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks