Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2023, 20:43   #226
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023

Maruti Suzuki intends to use the BoosterJet 1.0L in other MSIL cars as well! - LINK
uditanshh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 22:59   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBWKjesko View Post
What segment is this supposed be? Is it a replacement for the S-cross?
Ps- These crossovers need to stop and leave some space for sedans! By the time I will be in a market for cars, the only choice I'd have is SUVs and crossovers.
This will slot in below the Brezza. The Grand Vitara/ Hyryder twins replaced the S-Cross.

This is typical maruti-suzuki, creating closely spaced niches (Ritz and Swift for eg.)

And as for waiting for sedans, you have no hope my friend... I wanted to wait for 2 years , hang on to my Verna and buy an Octavia subsequently. VAG discontinuing D1 & D2 sedans made me leap at the Slavia 1.5 DSG..

Please take a look at my post here (be sure to read the whole thread..):

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5526368 (Graveyard of premium sedans)

Automotive engineers are mindlessly flocking towards crossovers .. the sedan has no hope

Unrelated to the quoted post: I am taking my mother in law to see the Fronx tomorrow... For her it is either this, a creta/seltos cvt, a grand vitara/ hyryder AT or a Brezza AT (Sonet, Venue, XUV 300 and Nexon have been dismissed already). Over the C2 crossovers, she wants compact dimensions. This will very likely win her over.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 7th April 2023 at 23:20.
ashivas89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 01:41   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
This will slot in below the Brezza. The Grand Vitara/ Hyryder twins replaced the S-Cross.

This is typical maruti-suzuki, creating closely spaced niches (Ritz and Swift for eg.)

And as for waiting for sedans, you have no hope my friend... I wanted to wait for 2 years , hang on to my Verna and buy an Octavia subsequently. VAG discontinuing D1 & D2 sedans made me leap at the Slavia 1.5 DSG..

Please take a look at my post here (be sure to read the whole thread..):

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5526368 (Graveyard of premium sedans)

Automotive engineers are mindlessly flocking towards crossovers .. the sedan has no hope

Unrelated to the quoted post: I am taking my mother in law to see the Fronx tomorrow... For her it is either this, a creta/seltos cvt, a grand vitara/ hyryder AT or a Brezza AT (Sonet, Venue, XUV 300 and Nexon have been dismissed already). Over the C2 crossovers, she wants compact dimensions. This will very likely win her over.
Great choice mate! I hope you love the 1.5l tsi, I've only ridden in my father's T-Roc () but it feels plenty quick!

Unwanted take: Your MIL hasn't even considered a sedan? Is it because of the ingress/egress?
Old 8th April 2023, 08:25   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulvinder View Post
Mauti is planning to change the name "FRONX" before official launch. Although I dont have any idea of what it will be after change but it is expected to not carry the name FRONX.
I don't think they will change the name. But they may change how is it worded or pronounced to make it more palatable.

So the name might evolve to Fron-X.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 09:25   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBWKjesko View Post
Unwanted take: Your MIL hasn't even considered a sedan? Is it because of the ingress/egress?
What can i say? herd mentality Jokes apart, it is more about the driving position. She is all of 5ft tall, she wants a raised driving position. A long sedan takes some maneuvering to get into her parking bay as well.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 8th April 2023 at 09:29.
ashivas89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 13:50   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
Except for unknown safety ratings, it ticks all boxes for a good looking and fun to drive (Turbo variant), affordable cross over.

It's way better looking and proportionate than Brezza.

Hoping 1.0L Turbo with 6 speed AT will be more fun to drive.
Although there is no news yet from journos due to Suzuki embargo, but what i hear, a 4 star safety rating can be safely assumed for this vehicle as per the latest GNCAP norms (Suzuki will not sponsor a test for sure till the time GNCAP has its sole focus on the cheaper vehicles in its line up). Also, the 1.0L turbo is set to become the new workhorse for Suzuki cars including the Brezza and is actually going to be better tuned than in the Baleno RS.
Lastly, the lower CG compared to the Brezza is going to make this a real fun vehicle to drive (Sorry can't call anything short of a Jimny, Thar or Endeavour as an SUV).
Carma2017 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 22:48   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
a 4 star safety rating can be safely assumed for this vehicle as per the latest GNCAP norms (Suzuki will not sponsor a test for sure till the time GNCAP has its sole focus on the cheaper vehicles in its line up).
Are you sure about this, because to achieve four stars a lot of manufacturer cooperation with GNCAP is required including sponsoring some tests and supplying in-house pole test data. While I am reasonably confident in your prediction about the Fronx’s performance, I wonder if they will let it suffer because of their refusal to acknowledge GNCAP like they did with their cheaper products, or maybe cooperate a little because it is a new NEXA product. Or will Toyota do it when their version arrives?

I am very impressed by the Fronx’s safety equipment. It well outdoes even much more expensive cars.

On another note I wonder why they did not use a weight sensor for the rear belt reminders. Every media review teaser I have seen has the belts ‘parked’ in the anchorages because it appears the reminder keeps beeping even with no rear occupants. As much as I appreciate rear belt reminders, I wonder if an unnecessarily annoying system like this would only encourage people to use increasingly popular fake seatbelt tongues to arrest the reminders, which major online retailers continue to sell.

Looking at the safety kit alone I doubt this will be positioned below the Brezza. This seems like a far more premium product anyway. I also like how it looks. The only deal-breakers really are the name and to some extent the Suzuki badge (no offence, but it is hard to ignore the stigma associated with it. It is the reason the Grand Vitara is out of consideration for our next car but the Hyryder is a strong candidate.)

Last edited by ron178 : 8th April 2023 at 22:52.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 02:52   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Are you sure about this, because to achieve four stars a lot of manufacturer cooperation with GNCAP is required including sponsoring some tests and supplying in-house pole test data. While I am reasonably confident in your prediction about the Fronx’s performance, I wonder if they will let it suffer because of their refusal to acknowledge GNCAP like they did with their cheaper products, or maybe cooperate a little because it is a new NEXA product. Or will Toyota do it when their version arrives?
Suzuki would never co-operate with GNCAP especially after GNCAP has proved to the world how biased and one sided their testing targets and language used for reporting are. In any case, Suzuki is well aware that one test result won't steer the conversation their way with regards to safety. So, I don't think they will bow to GNCAP at any level. But a government sponsored rating system may just be what Suzuki is waiting for.
Carma2017 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 12:57   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Suzuki would never co-operate with GNCAP especially after GNCAP has proved to the world how biased and one sided their testing targets and language used for reporting are. In any case, Suzuki is well aware that one test result won't steer the conversation their way with regards to safety. So, I don't think they will bow to GNCAP at any level. But a government sponsored rating system may just be what Suzuki is waiting for.
Leaving aside GNCAP and their biasness, is their any serious efforts on part of the two leading PV manufacturer in India to make structurally safe car ? Their standard answer always is that their cars adheres to the regulatory norms laid by govt. We can understand that a car like Maruti 800 or Alto can't be built to 5 star rating considering the target population. But shouldn't a car like Baleno or Fronx be structurally safe ?
In India, do we have so much faith on govt agencies ?

Mod Note: Our Maruti Fronx Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 9th April 2023 at 13:09. Reason: Link to review added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks