Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 21:35   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Only 1500 bookings in 5 days. Is it a DOA?

cartoq
Much anticipated Jimny could also manage 5000 bookings in 5 days. But booking amount for Jimny is much higher at 25K compared to 11K for Fronx. While most are anticipating this car to sell in good numbers, only 1500 in 5 days (if correct figure) is quite low for a Maruti. It can't be only for the name ! Can it be ?
Old 18th January 2023, 17:26   #62
BANNED

I am confused between Brezza Vxi AT and Fronx Zeta AT, any suggestions? Brezza offers better build quality, and Fronx offers better features.
Fronx prices are not out yet but I think it will give better value for money due to the lower cess.
Old 18th January 2023, 19:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbansal View Post
Brezza offers better build quality, and Fronx offers better features.
Fronx prices are not out yet but I think it will give better value for money due to the lower cess.
It will be wrong to assume that Fronx offers better features in comparison to Brezza. There is slightly more power of the 1.0 turbo and UV cut glass in fronx. But, Brezza also offers few extra goodies like sun roof and ambient lighting. Boot space is 328 in Brezza vs 308 in Fronx. Cabin in Brezza would be more airy with higher head room due to boxy design.
Brezza does not get tax benefits of under 4m category due to its 1.5 litre engine. In the same note, a turbo engine also costs slightly more than naturally aspirated one. I am expecting the fronx to cost 1.5 lakhs (maximum 2.0 lakhs) less than Brezza.
Old 19th January 2023, 09:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Fronx also has the 1.5-litre petrol option but only for export as of now.

- The returning 1.0-litre turbo petrol is now fully localised, has been calibrated differently for Fronx, gets gpf (gasoline particulate filter).

- The platform remains unchanged.

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-20230119_093142.jpg

- Suspension remains the same but gets different spring rate than Baleno. The fronx is 45kg heavier than the Baleno.

- Tyre profile 5mm higher in alloy versions than Baleno.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th January 2023 at 09:39.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 15:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Fronx Confirmed For Australia.

Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-smartselect_20230119150145_facebook.jpg

Press Release

Quote:
Building on its strong presence in the Australian SUV Market, Suzuki is pleased to announce that the All New Suzuki Fronx has been confirmed for release in Australia.

The all-new Fronx is a new-genre SUV with a coupe style that's strong and fluid and an easy-to-drive compact body. The bold and thick front grille and the front and rear styling that emphasizes expansion towards the sides express powerfulness and strong presence of an SUV.

The dynamic coupe style that slopes towards the rear emphasizes a flowing and stretchy proportion. In addition to the high-quality interior which makes efficient use of space, it has adopted advanced equipment such as 360 view camera, head up display, wireless charger and rear-seat air conditioning vents, for convenience and comfort.

Suzuki Australia General Manager – Automobile, Mr. Michael Pachota said the introduction of the Fronx will be another steppingstone for Suzuki in Australia to solidify its presence in the Light SUV Segment.

"With the launch of the all new Fronx, we're combining unique sporty styling with SUV heritage, to deliver an exciting new product to our line-up. Not only solidifying our presence in the Light SUV segment, but this vehicle will also open the doors to younger buyers looking to upgrade from a smaller hatchback to an SUV"

Further details regarding specification, features, and pricing to be released at a later date.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 09:04   #66
BHPian

Ads out in papers today.

Finally MS have a 1 liter turbo booster jet engine with mild hybrid.

6 speed At with paddle shifters
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx @ Auto Expo 2023-20230121_090331.jpg  

Mafia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 09:24   #67
BHPian

When do the test drives start? Any tentative timeline for the launch? I am interested in the base variant of Fronx. Hope MS doesn't get too greedy with the pricing.
Old 21st January 2023, 09:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Fronx is a good package, takes the positives of 2022 Baleno and adds to it a proper 6 speed automatic and a boosterjet engine. The front end looks a bit fussy though and would have preferred clean lines.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 10:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
When do the test drives start? Any tentative timeline for the launch? I am interested in the base variant of Fronx. Hope MS doesn't get too greedy with the pricing.
I am assuming a premium of 1lakh over the Baleno equivalent models.

Hopefully there will be enough gap in pricing between the Fronx and Brezza
Old 21st January 2023, 11:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I am interested in the base variant of Fronx.
Base variant selection is only for customizing according to personal preferences later?
Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 12:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Ads out in papers today.

Finally MS have a 1 liter turbo booster jet engine with mild hybrid.

6 speed At with paddle shifters
Let's see if the interest and bookings pick up now.

So far it has been abysmal.
Old 21st January 2023, 13:25   #72
BHPian

I couldn't help myself but book the 1.0 booster jet auto... Don't want to keep waiting if I really like the car which I think I will.

Am a huge fan of the Baleno in terms of space and this one increases the ride height and paired with a petrol turbo and a deal TC auto instead of that dead AMT, it looks like a no brainer to me.

Honestly i never imagined Maruti would make this such a looker. I had thought this would just be a Baleno raised on struts and some shoddy plastic cladding.
Gupts007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 14:14   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Few details

1. Same platform as Baleno
2. 30 kg heavier than Baleno
3. Spring rate is different compared to Baleno
4. 190 mm GC
5. 900 crore investment and 3+ years of R & D
6 1.0 boosterjet engine is fully localised now

I think Maruti would launch Fronx at very competitive pricing. 1.0 turbo 6AT is interesting

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 21st January 2023 at 14:18.
Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 16:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Few details

3. Spring rate is different compared to Baleno

I think Maruti would launch Fronx at very competitive pricing. 1.0 turbo 6AT is interesting
Does spring rate mean suspension, will this mean suspension will be stiffer with the 1.0 turbo engine to make it sportier? I have 2017 Baleno and I like ride quality of this compared to my other car Grand i10.

Any idea on boot space, I saw a figure of 300L or so, will this be smaller than regular Baleno? Also, how is the quality of sheet materials comparing
to prev gen Baleno? My Baleno has extremely thin materials which cause dents damages if you touch something at even very slow speeds.

I had almost booked the Baleno RS back in 2017, but ended up with regular as I could not afford over 10 L at that time. Now the 1.0 L + 6 AT seems a great proposition. Hopefully it's priced reasonably to give it a shot.
Old 21st January 2023, 17:05   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

What did Maruti Suzuki exactly mean by the name FRONX?

Quote:
This is exactly what Maruti Suzuki is doing by going all out to become the leader in the SUV segment by offering something different and refreshing. The uniqueness starts with the name itself, which is shortened to Frontier Next. What really works for the company is the brand recall it commands and the short catchy nameplate of the Fronx that easily sticks to your mind.
Quote:
The Fronx may be called many different things — a crossover or a compact SUV, but we see it more as a coupe SUV, which is a first of its kind. Maruti Suzuki wanted to design a driver-centric vehicle, which doesn’t compromise on aerodynamics, hence, the swooping roofline.
The Fronx could be priced slightly below the popular Brezza and is expected to crash the sub-4-metre SUV party.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks