Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 00:29   #16

Re: DIY – Securing a choice number for a four-wheeler, Navi Mumbai RTO

The process in pune is quite simple and cheaper compared to the other states.
Bought my 2-wheeler number in 2019 and 4-wheeler in 2020, each costing 3500 & 5000/- respectively.
Number is - 0241
Stopped by the RTO on my way to work to check for the DD amounts and handed them over the next day. List came out after 2 days which was put up on the notice board, took a photo and shared it with the SA to proceed ahead with the register.

Found the entire process very swift and since it wasn't one of the numbers others would select i didn't have to go through the bidding process.
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a choice of number for my interceptor, no extra money was paid except the fees. The dealership agent only took care of it while registering the bike.
Old 4th May 2023, 13:23   #18
BHPian

I have a query. We recently booked a new car and paid upfront for a choice number (KA03 RTO). When we got the sms from Vahaan, we realised that the dealer or rto registered the wrong number. Dealer blames rto clerk for the error. What are my options here??
Old 20th May 2023, 16:03   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Most other states now allow you to book vip/choice numbers online very easily. MH is still an agent driven corrupt system for the most part hence this online facility is yet not provided.

It’s 2023 and we are still doing these simple task like we were in the dark ages!
Processes to be exclusively and compulsorily done online as mandated by Maharashta RTO's are many. Like for instance, we cannot even think of carrying a crossed DD favouring RTO Sahab to pay a new car's road tax. Or can we try paying new driving licence or its renewal fees with a crossed DD ? Next, can we pay fitness test fees, fines for delay in fitness, green tax, fines for green tax delay/default through crossed DD's ? I am sure the RTO staff will conclude that the person carrying such crossed DD's is a primitive caveman and has come out after hibernating somewhere.

But coming to fancy numbers perhaps they have grey areas for which they have deliberately kept this process primitive.They still allot VIP numbers for their own RTO official vehicles, for vehicles of the protocol department under the local collectorate and also for key and important post holding officials. There was a hue and cry in the media about the state's loss of revenue due to such VIP number allocations without payment of requisite fees. They had relented for a while but things got back to the primitive normal lately.

Hence, online payments for Maharashtra RTO's are need based. Where there is need its strictly online, where there is greed, the public is pushed offline.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th May 2023 at 16:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks