Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Honda Civic or Mitsubishi Lancer??
Honda Civic 176 65.43%
Mitsubishi Lancer 93 34.57%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 15:00   #91
BHPian

And 12.78 OTR fr the Sport!
Old 14th November 2008, 21:49   #92
BHPian

Here is my points for Cedia.
1. Costs less
2. Dealers much friendly and listening than Honda dealers
3. JD power CSI ranking for 2008 - Mitsubishi second, Honda sixth
4. Ground clearance - dont have to comment about that
5. Looks - Its personal - I like it, it grows on you
6. Mileage - Cedia much better
7. Driving - No sweat both in City and highways
8. Ride - Everyone loves it, including getting in and out of the car

Honda sure attracts, but Cedia connects emotionally, addicts and grows on you. This is just not on the looks, but on the whole experience of buying, driving and owning it.

Bottom line, you need to find your emotional connect. If you find it with Civic (or even if its a 800) then thats what you need to go for.

When you have that kind of connect, you will ignore all its issues and only look at the positives.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:16   #93
BHPian

Both the cars appeal to different tastes, so it is not fair to put up a poll here. Even before seeing the results, I would have expected Civic to be a winner here, but I am really surprised at the not so bad support the Cedia also has. And so my vote.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:24   #94
Senior - BHPian

Because i had not driven Cedia yet so based completely on looks my vote is for Civic. I just love its looks (Cedia isnt bad looking but Civic rules here)
Old 15th November 2008, 08:25   #95
BHPian

I'd go with the Cedia as well.

I guess I am partial to the Cedia since I own one. I have owned an 800, Honda City over the last 8 years and currently own a fabia as well as the cedia...no car so far given me the kind of driving experience that the cedia has. The way it connects to the driver is amazing. The civic is a great car in its own right and being a honda will always sell more than a mitsu in India but i'd pick the cedia any day over the civic.
Old 15th November 2008, 11:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

in Dubai i have a 2006 civic which i have driven 120000kms till date and im looking for a change of vehicle.

option 1. sell old civic and buy another one. new civic full option is 83000 dirhams.

option 2. sell old civic and buy new 2009 lancer GT (NOT cedia!). its 72000 dhs full option.

new lancer GT is 2.0 litre engine with paddle shift gear and 155 bhp compared to civic 1.8 litre 138 bhp!

i have posted the photos of new lance in my earlier reply in this thread.

the new car, whichever i buy will not be driven as the old civic was driven to cover 120000kms! the new car will be hardly driven 5000-10000kms a year!

let me have your comments and advice.cheers:
Old 15th November 2008, 12:47   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
no car so far given me the kind of driving experience that the cedia has. The way it connects to the driver is amazing. The civic is a great car in its own right and being a honda will always sell more than a mitsu in India but i'd pick the cedia any day over the civic.
That sums it very well!!!
Although I respect the CIVIC...Cedia is my pick!!
Old 15th November 2008, 14:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

I wish they had the Evo in India. The Cedia is a great car but would not match the latest offerings from Mitsu. Unfortunately Mitsu doesn't want or isn't able to launch its latest products in India.

The poll shows a lot of people still like Mitsubushi. Only wish is for the latest to be available.
Old 15th November 2008, 15:25   #99
BHPian

Originally Posted by parichay
no car so far given me the kind of driving experience that the cedia has. The way it connects to the driver is amazing. The civic is a great car in its own right and being a honda will always sell more than a mitsu in India but i'd pick the cedia any day over the civic.

I totally agree!
Old 15th November 2008, 17:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Well, I don't have any of these two cars but if I want to own any of these two then it definitely would be the Civic. Sorry Cedia owners, although I think Cedia is a nice car but it just doesn't have the image a Civic have.
Old 15th November 2008, 21:17   #101
BHPian

I agree, Civic is infact all about image and brag value in India. But there are a little few things that are beyond image, like the drive feel and connection with your car. Thats where Civic fails miserably. Yet, Civic wins hands down as far as sales in concerned. Both cater to different kinds of people.
Old 15th November 2008, 21:26   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
in Dubai i have a 2006 civic which i have driven 120000kms till date and im looking for a change of vehicle.

option 1. sell old civic and buy another one. new civic full option is 83000 dirhams.

option 2. sell old civic and buy new 2009 lancer GT (NOT cedia!). its 72000 dhs full option.

new lancer GT is 2.0 litre engine with paddle shift gear and 155 bhp compared to civic 1.8 litre 138 bhp!

i have posted the photos of new lance in my earlier reply in this thread.

the new car, whichever i buy will not be driven as the old civic was driven to cover 120000kms! the new car will be hardly driven 5000-10000kms a year!

let me have your comments and advice.cheers:
@Param, I do not know the exact automobile scenario in Dubai, but if I could comment from your post the choice is clear. Go for more power at less cost! Well, one of my cousins in gulf who is a auto freak – and I know what his choice would be because he already has a Gallant and a Pajero. BTW the pics posted are real hot – go for it!
Old 15th November 2008, 23:57   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
I agree, Civic is infact all about image and brag value in India. But there are a little few things that are beyond image, like the drive feel and connection with your car. Thats where Civic fails miserably. Yet, Civic wins hands down as far as sales in concerned. Both cater to different kinds of people.
I've not driven Civic, so can't comment on the drive feel or connection so my view was purely based on the looks and the way they've been driven on the highways(by others ofcourse and to me they seem to be quite capable car). And IMHO there is no other car in that segment which can give Civic a competition, not even a Skoda. BTW is the iVtec engine is that bad, I really doubt. People may say that Cedia's looks may grow on the owner, but which car doesn't grow to it's owner? Even I think that my Baleno is a beautiful car (or my Zen or my Alto and I love my Baleno, I do) but that doesn't stop me to appreciate other actually lovely looking cars (and Civic is one of them).
BTW if it was the new Lancer (Lancer X, right?) then I would put my vote to Lancer for sure.
Old 16th November 2008, 00:45   #104
BHPian

Well, looks is subjective. Personally i hate cars without a snout. Maybe thats why I have never been a civic fan in terms of looks as well.
Old 17th November 2008, 23:54   #105
BHPian

Looks are personal and subjective. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

D Segment Sales King can be Civic, Diesel King can be Octavia, petrol VFM king can be cedia, Diesel VFM King can be Magnum; the question is which is your king? Thats depends purely what you need.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks