Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Honda Civic or Mitsubishi Lancer??
Honda Civic 176 65.43%
Mitsubishi Lancer 93 34.57%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 14:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
devarshi - where is the petition - or is it this thread itself
Here it is <<<<<>>>>>
Old 11th July 2007, 20:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I would choose, NONE of the poll options, i rather get myself a oil burner like the Optra TCDi which is as fast as the Civic & Cedia and will make you smile at the fuel station.

I voted for Cedia for the sheer VFM it offers.

Only if Mitsu bring this fast here the Civic is not going to enjoy the sales as it does now.

This is the one to wait for. As for the Civic-Cedia question, it simply isnt a contest. The Civic has the mitsu covered in most departments. The car in the picture above can change all that. HM..?
Old 11th July 2007, 20:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
This is the one to wait for. As for the Civic-Cedia question, it simply isnt a contest. The Civic has the mitsu covered in most departments. The car in the picture above can change all that. HM..?
Defenitely the car above will take out anything else that thinks of challenging it!
Old 11th July 2007, 23:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
how about

1. VFM?
2. Fuel Economy?
3. Ride and Handling (is something not everyone would look for though)

I would like to mention here that some people I know actually swore to say that civic is way better handler than Cedia.
Old 11th July 2007, 23:24   #50
BHPian

Great Summary!!!! Keep it up. U seem 2 B a man of few good words.
President is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th July 2007, 23:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

KING ?? Cedia or CIVIC ?

guys according to me, the king is the Octavia (even though its fast loosing sale) but it is the definative D segment car.

cedia is long lost a failed brand. and the Civic is fast catching up and in some time it will replace the OCtavia as the new King.

Cheers
Old 12th July 2007, 00:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

What is the definition of king?

If it is in terms of sales then this thread is pointless, instead look at this thread to find the answer.

So where does the Octy come in the picture?
Old 24th July 2007, 13:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

certainly not sales. Everybody knows that the civic is selling more.
Old 27th July 2007, 01:21   #54
BHPian

Cedia anyday over Civic

I am a proud owner of Cedia. All these fears of service and spare parts from Mitsu is utter nuisance. Guys we are talking Mitsubishi and not HM. How often we talk of Kirloskar for Toyota and Siel for Honda Last I checked they are Indian partners of these cos.

Do you all remember the negative publicity of Palio on its mileage. Well, people at that time were comparing it to Zen and Santro though it belonged to a different segment. Now, nobody talks of Palio's mileage as Swift / Getz / U-va all give the same mileage.

Civic is overpriced and I am sure it is just a matter of time before they slash their prices too. All said and done..the best thing Honda has done in this country is its brand image. Tomorrow, they may make a bullock cart but still be able to sell it in villages. But there is more to brand..Mitsubishi may not be a great brand in India but it is still a major global car making company that has produced gems in the past.

While this debate will go on, I am enjoying my Cedia thoroughly..some of my colleagues who picked Civic regret today since their EMIs work out to be 10 - 12k extra..that madness of buying a latest car / or any other product gets over in a month or two and it is cost of ownership over a period of time that decides the superior product.

It is Cedia all the way..Civic / Corolla / Octavia / Optra & Elantra..all these cars are good in this segment; question is at what price??

Mods note: Please try to avoid using dots in between sentences. Break them properly as single complete sentence.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th July 2007 at 11:16.
Old 27th July 2007, 11:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

wow. We suddenly have spurge in cedia owners on the forums. Nice to see that cedia sales are finally picking up.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:27   #56
BHPian

Though I voted for the Civic, i quite like both the cars. Cedia is far more expensive to maintain though since it's spare parts are more expensive than the Civic's. The Civic looks good front front, rear and it has a better side profile than the Cedia. Thats what i feel.

When modded, i feel that the Cedia would look much cooler because it can be made to look like an Evo.
Old 27th July 2007, 15:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Cedia does not really compete with the Civic.
I helped a friend of mine pick up the Cedia recently. But even today he drools over the Civic and wishes he had more cash to doll out for it.
Old 27th July 2007, 17:46   #58
BHPian

Voted for Cedia for its sporty genes, I feel civic to be more of an uncle'ish or an executive car.. any day will go for cedia or any lancer upgrades!!
Old 27th July 2007, 18:18   #59

I would like to ask one thing over here. How far can mods be done on both the cars ? The Cedia has a 2.0 litre engine while civic has 1.8 l . I think the cedia is not a bad car after all considering VFM while the civic has it's own strengths. TO sum it up I would decide the car only upon how well they handle and their potency for mods. By my current info I would go for the civic because it looks killer and those future odo dials.
Old 27th July 2007, 18:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
Cedia is far more expensive to maintain though since it's spare parts are more expensive than the Civic's.
And you're basing this on?

Most Viewed