Team-BHP - D Segment King- Cedia or Civic????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   D Segment King- Cedia or Civic???? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/26159-d-segment-king-cedia-civic.html)

I was moved to make this poll after seeing the lotsa owners and soon to be owners posts on the various cedia threads.

Honda civic- The reigning champ. top class interiors. Honda India brand image. Top class horses with features to boot.

but is expensive, low ground clearance for our city roads.

Mitsubishi Cedia- Lancer heritage, sporty pretensions, Best VFM, Fun to Drive, Good Fuel Efficiency, highest torque.

but lacks climate control, lacks interior kit, is last generation.

optra has taken competition to Skoda by concentrating more on the diesel.
Elantra was never really on the scene. Corolla hasnt really moved the hearts (it sure has moved wallets)

Cvic has been the segment topper but cedia has been making inroads pretty quick. late but still. I too have been seeing a lot of cedia's on the roads.

Which do you think is the overall segment king?

Honda civic or Mitsubishi Cedia? Let the Battle Begin......

for me its civic which is the segment topper

i love the looks and the digital speedo and the big tacho in short i love the cabin and the car
my bro just booked his civic 2 days ago

lol! i was tempted to start this but refrained. I actually dint think these car's fall in the same segment price wise but everyone seems to be comparing these 2 cars.

I would buy the Cedia if I was on a budget and was looking for a practical car to take anywhere.

The Civic would make sense if i needed for just a city commute to work and to some fancy places. I couldnt dream of taking it to buying groceries at a vegetable market or to some villages in the outskirts cause of the ground clearance.

Also I dont think it's worth 14L for the V model and the S is not worth 13.3L with no leather and fog lamps.

I would get the Accord instead of Civic, if budget permitted, else the cedia with lots of cash saved.

I dont think this is a fair poll - its Civic all the way and there's no doubting who's king. The Cedia is a generation older, plus it is marketed by HM. Not a very good combination, no matter how good the car is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 494705)
I dont think this is a fair poll - its Civic all the way and there's no doubting who's king. The Cedia is a generation older, plus it is marketed by HM. Not a very good combination, no matter how good the car is.

I dont know steeroid but the Civic isn't that clear a winner here. Have you driven the one sold here?

I found it to have a lot of things lacking. Infact I was having a hard time justifying the 14L price to my dad. He just asked me whats so special in this car for 4L more. Why not just get the Cedia or pay 4L more and get the accord.

I wanted the Civic. the engine was silky smooth although performance was there only after 3500rpm. the exhaust sound was music. the driving position spot on. Other than that not a practical car.

If you see the civic's only competition is the corolla which is now almost defunct so next best is the Cedia.

These dont really belong to the same segment... The Civic is probably a better car frankly its for people who want a car with lots of bling and brand image, plus have the money to burn. The Cedia on the other hand is not astronomically priced, is a brilliant handling car and on a circuit can easily beat the civic. It does not have bling value at all plus Mitsubishi is not that well respected in India thanks to sad marketing by HM. Its more of an enthusiast's car rather than every tom, dick and harry's car. The sales show this too.

Edit: Also as Vid6639 mentioned, the accord at 18lacs is way way better vfm.

Arent the sales figures enough to answer this question?

Do we need a poll as such?

Anyways, its Civic all the way for me. (Although Cedia is a nice car at a lower price)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 494715)
I dont know steeroid but the Civic isn't that clear a winner here. Have you driven the one sold here?

We're not talking about which is the better car here - the question is who is king and this is based on the number of cars seen on the roads. You dont need a sales chart to see what the Civic is doing in terms of numbers - its doing better than a lot of cars a segment lower in price or size, to be precise.

Dont get me wrong - I do not think the CIvic is a brilliant car. Far from it - I've never been a fan of Honda cars except the S2000 as none of them inspire confidence at slightly high speeds of 140+. I do not deny that the Cedia handles better - I've said so before.

However, if you're asking who's king of the market there's no question about it. Thats where I'm coming from, and I really dont see the Cedia 'eating' into Civic sales at any time in the near future unless the new Lancer is introduced in India and marketed by Mitsubishi or someone other than HM.

IMHO the ownership experience is usually much better with a Honda than a Mitsubishi, anyway. Here or anywhere else. Except maybe in the Philippines, because the Filipinos are the only ones I've seen that are really besotted by the Mitsu marquee - I havent been to Hong Kong, but I believe they like Mitsu in that part of the world because of the Jackie Chan endorsement.

I reiterate - this poll is not serving any serious purpose.

Depends on what you mean by king. The Cedia is the handling king, mileage king, torque king, VFM king. The Civic is the sales chart king.

But in the end, it's only the latter that matters.

Civic:

1. Overpriced. Lacks some simplistic features like fogs etc.
2. Bad seating. Specially for people with back problem like me. A drive from Bangalore to Coimbatore got my back ache resurfaced after a good lay off of 2 months.
3. Not sure footed after 140 as Steer has mentioned, car feels faster than what the speedo indicates.
4. AT version isn't confidence inspiring specially when you have to downshift to brake hard.
5. Brake feel is either ON or OFF.
6. Love the digital speedo and the tacho.
7. The feel of class (as said by others) and good looking interiors.
8. Honda badging.
9. Refined engine. Though Honda could have got in a better engine than the R18.

Cedia : Just drove one a few hours back. Shod with chrome 17'' and a fabulous bodykit. Sorry, it was dark and I couldn't get any pics.

1. Poor marketing by HM.
2. 4G94 for a Cedia? This after displaying the EVO IX and asking customers for feedback before they actually came out with the Cedia. How contrasting.
3. Amazing handling.
4. Looks so so. Atleast to me, since looks are subjective. I would definitely have one with the EVO kit.
5. Average looking instrument cluster.
6. Seating position is good.
7. Found braking to be spot on.
8. Complete VFM.
9. Gearing and top end could be bettered.

But from a driver's/enthusiast's POV I would pick the Cedia anyday. If sales were to go by then the Civic wins hands down. Though both don't cater to the same segment a Cedia with engine mods & a sweet bodykit would anyday get you the stares that a Civic cant. But thats just me.

Just noticed this:
Quote:

The Cedia is the handling king, mileage king, torque king, VFM king. The Civic is the sales chart king.
agree:

Do you have rally genes in your blood, then go for the Cedia. Thats heart over logic.

Civic makes more civic sense. Long term ownership, resale and reliability is good. Ground clearance is an issue but a little care and you will get used to it.

Compare the price of the parts, cedia has the priciest parts in the segment.

my vote for the cedia.......better driving position, scope for tweaking, pricing quite less than the civic, handling, and a lancer sibling in the end!

well i would say the term "king " is subjective.yes the civic is selling more.so is the indica.doesnt mean its a better car.i accidentally voted for the civic though.i would prefer the cedia anyday.the civic is too overpriced for what its offering.
i am sure that if honda was marketing the cedia,it would be the sales chart king too.

The problem is not who is the king but that the king is overpriced ,but then if one can afford the best or doesn't like the pricing civic is still the best .

Like all of you guys i also think that civic is overvalued and shouldn't be more than 10 lacks ,but sadly people have endorsed it they ready to pay the premium for the looks interiors and exteriors where as cedia was not cheap but when it didn't sell at all HM had to lower the price in a way excepting to sell a outdated product that cannot compete to Honda civic but is far below than even corolla ,life is not all about a good suspension out side OF T-BHP Which can do corners at 140 Km pH like the cedia Also the HM is financially eroded company some people are not even sure weather it will be here or gone in times to come ,this is a 2001 model lancer which unfortunately is launched so late when it was near its end of life cycle in th rest of the world it simply cannot be compared to Honda Civic launched in 2006 with looks and style which already looks ready as 2009 model , if mitsu had any plans they should have come out with the new lancer and not the old one so as to stand in the competition

And i sincerely hope that they come with a new lancer before 2009 and not 2011 other wise it will also have the same fate and will start near 12 lacks and come to 9 lacks

:Frustrati I had recommended 4-5 people in last year to buy a Cedia
But to my utter shock they chose to buy Honda city and one guy bought corolla (forget about comparison with civic ,and city is the car i hate the most but people buying it in frenzy )