Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 10:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Bolero Neo Limited Editon launched at Rs 11.50 lakh

Mahindra has introduced the Bolero Neo Limited Edition. The SUV is based on the top-spec 'N10' trim and is priced at Rs 11,49,900 (ex-showroom).

Mahindra Bolero Neo Limited Editon launched at Rs 11.50 lakh-boleroneo_limitedaditionkv_banner_22.jpg

The limited edition Bolero Neo comes equipped with headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights, fog lights, roof rails and a spare wheel cover painted in Deep Silver.

Inside, the SUV gets dual-tone faux leather seats with lumbar support for the front seats, height-adjustable driver’s seat and front and rear seat armrests. It gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with BlueSense-connected car features, a rearview camera, cruise control and steering-mounted controls.

Powering the limited edition Bolero Neo is a 1.5-litre mHawk100 diesel engine that makes 100 BHP and 260 Nm. The engine is paired with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th January 2023 at 10:28.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:45   #2
PGA
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Bolero Neo Limited Editon launched at Rs 11.50 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra has introduced the Bolero Neo Limited Edition. The SUV is based on the top-spec 'N10' trim and is priced at Rs 11,49,900 (ex-showroom).

Attachment 2409981

The limited edition Bolero Neo comes equipped with headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights, fog lights, roof rails and a spare wheel cover painted in Deep Silver.

Inside, the SUV gets dual-tone faux leather seats with lumbar support for the front seats, height-adjustable driver’s seat and front and rear seat armrests.
It gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with BlueSense-connected car features, a rearview camera, cruise control and steering-mounted controls.

Link to Team-BHP News
Bolero is a cash cow for Mahindra's it doesn't deserve the price point its tagged at. Its a very basic car with rudimentary fit, finish and upholstery.

I am not sure any of the features mentioned above are a requirement for a potential Bolero owner. The new Bolero is nowhere as tough as its BS 3 predecessor. The sensors keep on conking off when put to a little rough use. Even the quality and reliability of mechanical parts and fittings is a suspect in my eyes, they are prone to breakdowns. Now with coil spring rear suspension instead of leaf springs its further going to reduce its sturdiness.
PGA is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 12:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Bolero is a cash cow for Mahindra's it doesn't deserve the price point its tagged at. Its a very basic car with rudimentary fit, finish and upholstery.

I am not sure any of the features mentioned above are a requirement for a potential Bolero owner. The new Bolero is nowhere as tough as its BS 3 predecessor. The sensors keep on conking off when put to a little rough use. Even the quality and reliability of mechanical parts and fittings is a suspect in my eyes, they are prone to breakdowns. Now with coil spring rear suspension instead of leaf springs its further going to reduce its sturdiness.
This is based on the Bolero Neo and not on the Bolero (Classic) which you seem to be referring to.
salilpawar1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 13:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
You are comparing this to the Class Bolero. The Neo fit/finish/build is at part with the competition in its price segment. It can even be considered value for money since you are getting a proper Rear Wheel Drive, Body on Frame, SUV at this price point, which otherwise is dominated by raised hatch backs masquerading as SUVs.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 16:11   #5
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
You are comparing this to the Class Bolero. The Neo fit/finish/build is at part with the competition in its price segment. It can even be considered value for money since you are getting a proper Rear Wheel Drive, Body on Frame, SUV at this price point, which otherwise is dominated by raised hatch backs masquerading as SUVs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
This is based on the Bolero Neo and not on the Bolero (Classic) which you seem to be referring to.
Sirs I drive a Bolero Power Plus to work everyday. I have seen Neo as well. The point I am trying to make is that it is overpriced for what it offers.

Firstly lets not get carried away with the image the ads portray, its not an SUV it is only a UV. It doesn't have the engine or the gearbox to give you that capability.

Its plastics are a notch below Alto's. Neo offers a better fit and finish than what my car has but not by any big leaps. It has a whole lot more tech though but to me that takes away whatever remains of its famed ruggedness.

I have not experienced its toughness in last five years of ownership either with problems cropping up every now and then. Infact I would rate Tata Indica to be a tougher kid than this car. Please don't scoff at the comparison but both cars did exactly the same duty with me

Lastly I don't think Bolero has a competition in the market, there is no car which matches its utility value and its image. That is perhaps the reason Mahindra continues to make hay on this 'nth' derivative of Wily's.
PGA is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 21:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

All said and done this is basically a gentlemanly or bhadralok like looking version of the TUV 300. It's power plant is the same 1493 cc/100 bhp, 3 cylinder diesel that powers the TUV 300. The TUV 300 range is priced at Rs 8.5 L to Rs 10.8 L. So it's marketing gimmick by Mahindra, to share the Bolero badging with an updated TUV 300 body shell, mechanicals and electronics /electricals and call it a premium product with a Rs 11.50 L price tag, with those goodies as listed.

Summarising it all, as the other Mahindra new launches have long, long waiting lists (wish they send their executives to Bajaj Auto veterans, who could train them to get used to such hundreds of miles of waiting lists) and this Neo is a short cut way for someone to get ownership of a new launch with the Mahindra badge, instantly. Yes, because there could be only discounts soon and ready deliveries on such a "vegetable mix like" product.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th January 2023 at 21:40.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 01:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand the brouhaha over the Bolero Neo here.

Mahindra had intended to kill off the antique Bolero in 2015, when the TUV 300 was launched. It was supposed to be called the Bolero back then itself. But they developed cold feet once they began hearing poems in praise of the antique Bolero; it seemed they risked losing a hard-core clientele in repeat Bolero buyers (plantation owners, institutional buyers etc.) if they axed the antique Bolero.

It was then that Mahindra killed the TUV at its pre-launch stage by calling it the TUV 300. Confused positioning happened upon launch and the car was reviewed by benchmarking it alongside the likes of the Ford Ecosport! The rest is sad history because the customers were misled from the start with this sort of botched positioning.

No one has illusions about the toughness and capabilities of the antique Bolero. But it isn't magic nor rocket science to build a capable SUV. All that Mahindra had to do was to kill off the antique Bolero and launch the TUV as the new Bolero replete with MLD, 4x4 etc right at the start. Yes, it wouldn't have had a leaf spring suspension. But it could have easily been the most capable low-cost tough SUV alternative in the market.

And no, I don't agree that the TUV/Neo has pathetic parts quality, as has been alleged here. As someone who has owned a TUV for 5 years now, I can vouch for its parts quality.
locusjag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 09:53   #8
BHPian

I wish they provided dual barrel headlamps, And if possible a projector.

Like the OG bolero, TUV300/Bolero Neo is a workhorse too. The primary difference between them is that, TUV300/bolero neo is based on the Scorpio platform, which is a slightly superior platform than the bolero. Hence the price difference from the bolero. But IMO, in order to sell in better numbers, they need to price the neo better. Especially after the Thar pricing.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 15:02   #9
BHPian

This car is my personal favourite and on my wishlist provided:

- Mahindra gets it a torque converter automatic and MTT standard across all variants
- All 3 rear passenger get all adjustable head rests with 3-point ELR seat belts

Then, it will just beat all the so called pseudo-SUVs hands down.

I prefer all black interiors with chrome satin inserts; the beige maximum black minimum is bad for maintenance on this vehicle.

4 Cylinder engine is welcome but price will be higher.

But then it will be a real SUV.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st July 2023 at 07:54. Reason: Poorly typed post
Old 5th June 2023, 15:09   #10
BHPian

Now that BS 6.2 has come into effect, is this model compliant? Mahindra website still lists the engine specification as "mHAWK100 1493 cm3 BSVI"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks