Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2023, 23:50   #91
BHPian

Re: What cost-cutting bothers you in your current car?

Altroz 2020 XZ(equivalent to XZ+ now)

Very odd tyre size for diesel: 185/60R16. Never heard of any other car having these tyres.

60:40 split. Even lower segment cars come with 60:40 split.

Cushioning could've been better. For a car with stiff suspension, could've used more comfortable seats.
Old 31st March 2023, 10:10   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
to why Maruti-Toyota would do such a blunder and expect people to pay 10L-22L+ for a car which omits something as important as a fog lights.....Even the Grand i10 Nios Facelift lacks the fog lights? Who wants fancy looking DRL's even when lack such options? For someone like me who does a lot of night driving, fog lights are essential on badly lit roads.
Can see it as either cost cutting or as a trend. From the mid 2010s onwards, Ze Germans have started the trend of omitting the foglamps citing that modern headlights are effective/powerful enough. And naturally, the cheaper cars have started adopting it too. Only problem is they haven't adopted the effective/powerful lights. So, we can only expect some serious SUVs to continue using foglamps, while rest will continue with DRLs. BTW, most consumers don't bother as they have the DRLs for bling effect instead of foglamps, so they happy.

My pet peeve is nowadays, designers put some plastic piece instead of foglamps on the bumpers to break the visual bulk which look boyracer-ish. Ofcourse, that is unless the whole headlight itself isn't already in the bumper.
Old 1st April 2023, 13:09   #93

2015 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross [1.6]:

Deleting feature of Dual Zone Climate Control which was there in Europe but deleted in India (If Launched could have been the Segment's first), was useful feature as during long drives (especially >10 hours) my head starts to ache and I have to close the AC vent and reduce the air volume to zero, when with this feature can change it from cool to warm only for my side while others can enjoy coolness of the AC

Another feature which the European market got and was deleted in India is the button for Traction Control, for India they just replaced it with a dummy button (I understand from Maruti's point of view that it's customers aren't interested but could have provided it for the 1.6)
What cost-cutting bothers you in your current car?-7gnygx.jpg

Next feature I wish they brought it as a start for newer replacement for power window switches.
providing illumination for all the switches than just the drivers switch

(Following image is from S-Cross sold in the UK)
What cost-cutting bothers you in your current car?-p214.suzukisx4scrosssw67uwr1589787112.jpg

The last two features that I am not a fan of but could have been brought before the Grand Vitara were the Panoramic Sunroof & the AWD system

The Panoramic Sunroof of the S-Cross sold in Europe (if it did come it would have fried up the entire cabin and also take up the headroom , so at times I think it's good they didn't bring it for the S-Cross)
What cost-cutting bothers you in your current car?-16803327908853185100341005650033.jpg
Old 1st April 2023, 16:30   #94

My new Tiago EV XZ+ Tech Lux compared to my 2017 Tiago XZ Petrol which was the top end model at the time looses out on quite a few features that are present in the older car.

1. Illuminated window switches.

2. Boot lamp

3. Dual reversing lights.

4. Parcel shelf strings.

Apart from these both cars miss out on proper adjustable headrests for the rear bench.

Also the soft touch plastic buttons quality are slightly better on the older car.
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:16   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Skoda Kushaq
This is the 2022 model with Digital Cockpit, and so it misses out on:
- Dummy button on steering which I assume is for ADAS in international markets. Atleast they should allow us to remap the button
- Subwoofer.
- Full size spare wheel
Have the VW sibling - so copying this and adding a couple more.

- 360 degree camera
- dynamic lines on the reverse cam
- roof lining - so bad, our tiago and the old 800 had it better
- exposed sunroof mechanicals
- dummy inside the led headlight.
- passive tpms.
- poor AC / compressor.
- boot lights / indicators lights where they could have been led.
- wipers
Old 3rd April 2023, 01:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

Just realized that many Maruti cars use the same fan for both the radiator and the air conditioner. This means that the fan is prone to failure if you use the a/c full-time, and once the fan fails, the coolant will overheat and leave you stranded.
Old 4th April 2023, 08:07   #97

XUV 3OO: Just bought this car a month ago. Absolutely unbelievable that they deleted rear middle passenger full seat belt. Its now a lap belt. Mahindra deleted lots of features. They could’ve just given a higher variant W10 with these features. Many like me would’ve paid for it. Knee airbags removed!
Old 4th April 2023, 18:18   #98
BHPian

Jeep compass. Paint quality and ludicrous incompetent service centres.
Old 4th April 2023, 18:41   #99
BHPian

IRVM - Skoda Kushaq mid variant. It is a small flimsy piece of plastic and glass. I always fear I will break it when I adjust for day/night manually
Old 4th April 2023, 18:55   #100
BHPian

In my current car "Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Titanium+ Petrol", the following are the cost-cuttings done by Ford:
  • Fit and finish of the interiors at few places (especially the center console)
  • No Cruise control
  • No Android Auto/Apple Carplay
  • No 6th gear for cruising at higher speeds - lower RPMs
  • No AWD
  • No handlebars provided for passengers to grab in case of bad roads (not present in the 6 airbags model)
Old 4th April 2023, 21:19   #101

In the 2023 Tesla Model 3 - Standard range

- There are 4 dummy speakers i.e they are present physically, but not connected to the music system. The sound is still really crisp but its not as spectacular when compared to Model Y.

- There no LIDAR/Radar/Ultrasonic Sensor

- Slower charging speeds when compared to long range version
Old 5th April 2023, 23:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKINA View Post
My new Tiago EV XZ+ Tech Lux compared to my 2017 Tiago XZ Petrol which was the top end model at the time looses out on quite a few features that are present in the older car.

1. Illuminated window switches.

2. Boot lamp

3. Dual reversing lights.

4. Parcel shelf strings.

Apart from these both cars miss out on proper adjustable headrests for the rear bench.

Also the soft touch plastic buttons quality are slightly better on the older car.
Same woes on my ICE Tiago, but I've done myself proud with DIY.

Have a look at my threads and upgrade your Tiago driving experience!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-cars-too.html (Adding parcel tray strings to a Tiago for Rs. 8 | This method would work for other cars too)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...icted-diy.html (Auto-dimming IRVM for Rs. 2500 | I’m addicted to DIY)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...er-socket.html (DIY Installation | 12v rear power socket)
Old 5th April 2023, 23:42   #103
BHPian

Only 1 thing bothers me on my BS4 2019 Figo Titanium TDCI.

Ford offered Android Auto and Apple Carplay on the 6 Airbag versions of:
Aspire
Freestyle

Same engines, same platform, same wheelbase, same boot space(Freestyle), same GC(Aspire), same interiors (different colours), same features, same standard warranty terms, same differential pricing between the Titanium and Titanium+ versions (~80k for all 3).

But Android Auto and Apple Carplay was not offered on the Figo Titanium+. So in order for me to get AA/AC on my car I needed to increase my budget by roughly 2 lakhs (25%) and go for one of the other 2 instead. I would have gladly paid the difference of 80k(10%) had this been available but Ford wouldn't let me have it.
Old 5th April 2023, 23:48   #104
BHPian

In my XUV700. I SORELY miss:
1) Retractable sunblinds that almost all Hyundai/Kia models have & would really not have cost the company to make an indentation within the body panel and add in a flimsy mesh. But alas!
2) Auto dimming IRVM, when you're giving top level luxury car features, why skimp on a 3-4k mirror, it's not like people will not have paid that measly extra to have that feature.

I could've also cribbed about the seat ventilation but that's alright.

Digressing slightly, I seriously think the Scorpio N is badly under featured for its price. Right from the Z6 or even Z8 models should've had the friggin 360* camera, which I feel is a MUST for a vehicle this ginormous in size. That's the ONLY 'chindi-giri' M&M did I can crib about, the rest is still okay.
Old 6th April 2023, 00:20   #105

Renault Kiger RXZ CVT

1. Terrible plastics - the front AC adjustments knobs broke within the first two months of ownership
2. Poor fit and finish of panels - massive panel gaps everywhere. Cars two segment down have better finishing on door panels. I've started noticing creaking noises already - in one year of ownership!
3. Door lock mechanism - the car doesn't unlock when you turn off ignition. You have to press the door unlock button!
4. Poor insulation - visible wiring, damping all across the car
5. Pedal placement - they didn't change pedal placement in the automatic variant. So the brake and accelerator pedal are too far right and there is a blank space where a clutch pedal would be.
sid_sawhney is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks