Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What do you intend to do with your Hycross booking?
Retain, and go ahead with the purchase 45 25.28%
Cancel 50 28.09%
On hold, until user experiences and reviews come out 66 37.08%
Confused, and can't make up my mind! 17 9.55%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2023, 23:27   #31
BANNED

re: Do you intend to retain your Toyota Innova Hycross booking, or cancel?

Get an EV instead - MG ZS EV or BYD A3tto 3, or even BYD e6 (MPV)
They give 350, 440, and 500 KM range respectively with running cost of less than 1 Rs per KM.

You can also go with Mahindra and Tata Nexon EV's, but they have smaller batteries, and thus less range.
Old 31st January 2023, 23:52   #32
BHPian

I had booked Hycross VX on the first day of launch (even before the prices were announced). This looks like a value proposition for me as it's a future proof car. Earlier I had booked XUV Diesel AX7 AT but since I live in Delhi NCR, it's a very bad deal (10 yr. rule). Considering the fact that XUV costs 26+ lakhs for Diesel AT and if I buy that car, I will have to sell it in 6-7 yrs. and then look to buy another vehicle. If I buy Hycross VX for 28 lakhs, I am secure for 15 yrs. Moreover, Toyota's prices and resale value always keep on increasing so it's a wise decision to buy a future-proof car. Hence, I am not cancelling my booking for Hycross Hybrid VX 7-seater, and I will go ahead and purchase the car as soon as it arrives my dealership.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 18:28   #33
BHPian

Its missing a key option - Take a test drive and decide.

This is what I have in mind.
Old 5th February 2023, 21:35   #34
BHPian

I voted for haven't decided a few days back.
After extensive test drive and look around, I'm not too keen on moving forward with the booking. The interior leaves too much to settle for.

However, hycross doesn't have a direct replacement which is delaying my decision to cancel the booking.
Old 6th February 2023, 21:45   #35
BHPian

Went ahead with the cancellation of the Hycross booking today

Not a fan of scenarios where the brand/showrooms start taking their customers for granted. In this case, while there is an honest attempt to upgrade the interiors from where they were and also take a great technology mainstream, i.e. Hybrid; however just too many compromises on multiple fronts and the variant wise feature distribution is just senseless

Primary reasons for cancelling:

- Pathetic experience with the Toyota Showroom, forget about it being Premium. Every other brand that I have test driven cars recently from provided a better experience
- Lack of transparency in the booking & delivery process. No TD vehicles available in NCR even after almost 3 months of taking the booking amount
- Variant Distribution, like 2 Airbags in the VX variant & no bench seats in the ZX and ZX(O) variants. We had booked the ZX variant and would have upgraded to the ZX(O) but were going to end up compromising on the bench seats. After having seen the review of the seat comfort (or the lack of it in comparison to Crysta), decided it was too big a compromise. Interior fit and finish seems to be a common complaint for the price being demanded

Last edited by amit_2025 : 6th February 2023 at 21:46.
amit_2025 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 15:38   #36

I booked the hycross after using the Corolla altis for over 10 years over good 1.5 lakh Kms on the ODO, but the past few days, I am thinking of cancelling my booking, mainly because the delaers are not at all concerned about the customers, right now, I am being offered a car but only if I get accessories worth 45 k, extended warranty another 45 k, 3M coating 9.5k and insurance over 65k costlier that what I am getting from my regular insurance person.

I was ready to take the delivery of the car even without having a look at the car in person, just because of the trust on the toyota brand, but much to my dismay, the dealers are probably trying to juice out the poeple for the first few deliveries, since I dont thinnk that this will last long, since the crysta is also round the corner, and not many will be willing to pay such costs just to get a vehicle early. I am highly disappointed by the Experience,
palashsinghania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 19:46   #37
BHPian

Re: Do you intend to retain your Toyota Innova Hycross booking, or cancel?

Be positive guys, there is literally no other car till 33 lakhs which comes even close to Innova Hycross. Believe me, I had booked Safari XZA first and then XUV 700 AX7 AT. Both had their fair share of issues with dealership and customer handling. Toyota's service is unquestionably the best in India. Deliveries of Hycross will pick up speed in March 2023. Wait and watch!

Both Crysta ZX AT and Hycross VX have many similarities. Both do not have sunroof. Both have 17 inches alloys. Crysta ZX AT used to come at 33 lakhs on road while Hycross VX comes at 28 lakhs on road. However, Hycross delivers more mileage. VX has 360 degree cam while ZX Crysta had leather seats. In 4 months, when 6 airbags rule comes in effect for Hycross, prices will shoot up. I am sure VX will cost 30-32 on road and ZX(O) will cost close to 38 lakhs on road. The prices will shoot up soon ! Remember- Current prices are just introductory prices, So please hold on to your current booking.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 18th February 2023 at 19:48.
Old 9th May 2023, 21:31   #38
Team-BHP Support

Ended up cancelling my booking a few days back. Here's why (in particular order of significance):

1) Leg room for the middle row occupants isn't going to be generous - given the battery pack placed below the front two seats
2) The premium features: Ottoman seats, ADAS, sunroof - I don't see any practical use for them beyond a small bit of novelty
3) The lack of clarity regarding delivery timelines
4) The price hikes
5) Given that I have a eight month old top end Crysta, this wasn't moving the needle enough, given the above points. We've already done 10k kms worth of roads trips in it, and everyone is happy with the car.

6) The overall condition of the economy - felt this isn't the best time to put an additional investment into a car
Old 9th May 2023, 22:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Corolla altis owner here and I am on the fence when it comes to new Innova. I was keen on it because it seems like a perfect tourer but then the interior fit and finish and some of the features do feel like a downgrade even compared to my 2014 model corolla.

And then there are odd variants, why not offer ZX with bench seats as an option instead of getting stuck with those ottomans which are so gimmicky.

For now I have decided to wait another year or two for the excitement to settle and by then Toyota will fix the niggles based on early ownership feedback.

Most Viewed