Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2023, 09:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look

Not a great fan of the facelift, the pre-facelift design was much cleaner. I just hate the new rectangular air dam, red connecting strip at the rear and the new alloy wheel design.

But need to appreciate Hyundai for the various first in segment features being offered.

Few questions for the review team:
1. Any changes made to the engine ? Did you notice any difference in performance compared to the pre-facelifted version ?
2. Any improvement in fuel efficiency claimed by the company ?
3. Any structural changes claimed by the company ?
4. Any changes in the suspension set-up ?
5. Any improvement in ground clearance ?

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 11:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Few questions for the review team:
1. Any changes made to the engine ? Did you notice any difference in performance compared to the pre-facelifted version ?
The engine is now RDE compliant as mentioned in the review. There is no difference in performance. It feels just the same as before.

Quote:
2. Any improvement in fuel efficiency claimed by the company ?
3. Any structural changes claimed by the company ?
4. Any changes in the suspension set-up ?
5. Any improvement in ground clearance ?
No changes claimed by the company.
Old 2nd February 2023, 01:11   #18

[quote=Valueseeker;5487094]Congratulations on your new car!! Did you get any discount on your purchase?

Thank you for the wishes. Yes I managed to a discount of 25K on ex-showroom price and 1500 on accessories. The above discount includes 3K corporate discount as well.
defactorake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 12:28   #19
BHPian

Has anyone taken delivery of the facelifted Nios yet? I pre-booked a Sportz AMT last month and am expecting delivery this month.

If yes, can someone please provide a breakup of the On-Road Price? My dealer is quoting 8.4 including insurance of 35k for Zero-Dep. I want to know how much I can push insurance down.
Old 7th February 2023, 09:02   #20
BHPian

Booked the white Sportz AMT version a couple of days ago. Could not snag any discount on the ex-showroom price, but got a good value for my current car under the Hyundai exchange offer.
Old 7th February 2023, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
Booked the white Sportz AMT version a couple of days ago. Could not snag any discount on the ex-showroom price, but got a good value for my current car under the Hyundai exchange offer.
Why so? Online websites like Acko are offering about 25k discount. Didn't you try hard to negotiate?

Also what is the wait period told to you?
Old 7th February 2023, 12:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragBasu View Post
Has anyone taken delivery of the facelifted Nios yet? I pre-booked a Sportz AMT last month and am expecting delivery this month.

If yes, can someone please provide a breakup of the On-Road Price? My dealer is quoting 8.4 including insurance of 35k for Zero-Dep. I want to know how much I can push insurance down.
If deliveries have started then that means insurance policies are being handed out. Just search online on comparison websites like Coverfox/policybazaar and find a quote from a decent insurance co.

Ask your dealer to match it and ensure that he doesn't short sell you on the IDV or the add-ons.
Old 8th February 2023, 14:06   #23
BHPian

I have decided to go for the Nios Asta. Though I am slightly confused between the AMT and manual. The car will be mostly used by my wife and sometimes by me and we have both never driven an automatic. The driving will be mostly in city where average speed is around 20km/hr. Occasionally highway and hill travel also.

From what I understand, the nios AMT is pretty decent and the Facelift version also has the hill assist which should help in steep inclines. Also I guess if we are struggling with the AMT in some traffic situations we can always switch to manual mode. I guess the manual mode of an AMT will be more convenient than a manual car considering the absence of clutch.

Would appreciate anyone with experience/ knowledge in this matter sharing their thoughts.
Old 8th February 2023, 21:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valueseeker View Post
Why so? Online websites like Acko are offering about 25k discount. Didn't you try hard to negotiate?

Also what is the wait period told to you?
What Acko offers is usually a discount on the inflated Insurance costs that the dealers are offering. If I am not wrong, the Ex-Showroom price is the same everywhere.

We tried a couple of dealerships. Everyone was quoting a different waiting time. The one we went ahead with has promised us the car within 4-6 weeks. I am still vary of his word though. Since, we were not in an urgent need of a car, we were okay even if it is extended a bit.
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 06:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to go for the Nios Asta. Though I am slightly confused between the AMT and manual. The car will be mostly used by my wife and sometimes by me and we have both never driven an automatic. The driving will be mostly in city where average speed is around 20km/hr. Occasionally highway and hill travel also.

From what I understand, the nios AMT is pretty decent and the Facelift version also has the hill assist which should help in steep inclines. Also I guess if we are struggling with the AMT in some traffic situations we can always switch to manual mode. I guess the manual mode of an AMT will be more convenient than a manual car considering the absence of clutch.

Would appreciate anyone with experience/ knowledge in this matter sharing their thoughts.
We were looking for a replacement car for my father who has so far driven manual gear cars only. Given his short distance commute in notoriously bad traffic and congested locality I recommended a small sized automatic. I prepped him on driving an automatic by making him drive my Altroz DCA. He test drove the i10 Nios AMT and loved it. I was the co-passenger on the test drive and felt the gear changes to be very smooth coupled with a good engine. I compare it to a Wagon R AMT which I have owned - i10 is in a different league. I doubt you will ever use the manual mode. We are waiting for delivery. Hope this helps. All the best.
krish11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 11:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post

We tried a couple of dealerships. Everyone was quoting a different waiting time. The one we went ahead with has promised us the car within 4-6 weeks.
Thanks for the explanation. Did you buy insurance from the dealer or do you plan to buy outside. I see a substantial difference in the insurance cost quoted by dealer and online.
Old 9th February 2023, 14:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. Did you buy insurance from the dealer or do you plan to buy outside. I see a substantial difference in the insurance cost quoted by dealer and online.
I agreed to purchase the insurance through the dealership itself since their valuation on my older car was conditional on that. I did manage to snag a discount on their quoted insurance too. However said that, I am aware I still might have ended up paying a little on the higher side on the insurance.

Hence, I would suggest that you purchase insurance online by yourself. You will get better offers and would not have to pay for unnecessary addons or covers that you do not need.
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:28   #28
BHPian

Hi all.

I booked the facelifted Nios on 02 January 2023, at Saini Hyundai Kolkata. It was an unofficial booking since the pre-bookings weren't opened by Hyundai yet. After some back and forth due to a wrong color being indented into the system by the dealer - I'm getting delivery of a Spark Green i10 Nios in the Sportz AMT variant on 18 February 2023. The car is actually ready to be delivered tomorrow - but due to me being out of town I am postponing it to next week.

Giving a breakup of the On-Road Price below for the benefit of anybody who is looking to book the car:

Ex Showroom: INR 7,73,700
5 Years Registration: INR 43,834
HSRP: INR 575
Insurance*: INR 30,761

Total: INR 8,48,870

Discounts: INR 13,000

Total On-Road: 8,35,870.

*Insurance includes Zero-Dep, RTI, Engine Protect, Consumables, Personal Belongings.

I also managed to snag a good deal on my old car - a 2014 Ford Figo Petrol ZXI (65,000 kms), of which I was the 2nd Owner. While quotes started from INR 65k, I managed to push it up to INR 1 Lakh.

Net-net, I ended up paying 7,35,870 for the Nios - which all things considered, seems to me to be a decent deal.

Will update once the car comes home.
ChiragBasu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 00:31   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Brought home the 2023 Nios Sportz AMT earlier in the evening today. Colour shade chosen was Aqua Teal, which was unanimously accepted by all. Car had rolled out of the factory on 23rd January, and reached the dealership on the morning of 08th February.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3817.jpg

Total OTR came to Rs. 8.96L, including Zero-Dep Insurance from Reliance, Anti-Rust underbody coating & the Shield of Trust package for 2 years/40,000 kms.

We got 10,000 Exchange Bonus for trading in our 2011 DZire VXi and 3,000 as Corporate Discount. Also negotiated and was given designer all-weather mats, dashboard perfume, idol, mudflaps, a document holder, a microfibre cloth and door scuff plates for free.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3818.jpg

Delivery got delayed till today evening because of the RTO's new rule for all car dealerships - to deliver any new passenger vehicle only after fitting the HSRP number plates procured from the RTO (the sign in Hindi on the right, in the pic below).

Good friend Pankaj accompanied me, and also got to check out the 2023 Nios in close detail since he's considering getting one for his family as well.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-20230210_185709.jpg

Reasons for choosing the Sportz variant - most of the newly-introduced features in the 2023 Nios facelift are provided in the Sportz variant, such as automatic headlamps, cruise control, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with VSM (Vehicle Stability Management), hill-start assist control (HAC), side airbags, LED taillamps, voice recognition, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, footwell lighting, rear AC vents, fast type-C USB charger, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and Automatic Climate Control (ACC).

The Asta which costs nearly 82K more, gets diamond-cut alloy wheels, smart key with push-button start, 2 curtain airbags, ISOFIX mounts, chrome door handles, cooled glove box, adjustable rear headrests and a rear wiper & washer. This makes the Sportz variant a perfect VFM option in the 2023 Nios lineup, IMO.

The Nios AMT is the perfect urban workhorse for any one looking for a compact hatch to perform everyday duties and conduct runs to the city proper and back. The upshifts are almost non-existent if one drives in a relaxed, laid-back manner which is quite smooth for an AMT transmission (no doubt due to the electrical actuators used by Hyundai in it's AMT boxes). Only grouse anyone can have is that the shifter holds on to the first 2 gears for a bit longer than usual before upshifting. Power delivery is very linear. Fit and finish, being a Hyundai, is absolutely top-notch. The newly-tweaked 1.2L Kappa which is RDE & E20 compliant is absolutely silent except for the initial 2 gears which make it sound a bit boomy for a Hyundai. Comfort levels, all-round visibility and ease of use are almost perfect for any casual urban dweller.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-acc00f2fc1a74a7e80eb569000e0fe65.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th February 2023 at 00:45. Reason: minor edits.
RavenAvi is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 21:02   #30
BHPian

Hi,

I have booked the asta AMT and have been told delivery in March. Though my dealer added a caveat saying that on March 5th they will get allocation details of March and it will be confirmed then only.

What does this mean? If they don't allocate on March 5th, then I have to wait till April? Is this common practice?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks