Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 17:58   #31
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valueseeker View Post
Hi,

I have booked the asta AMT and have been told delivery in March. Though my dealer added a caveat saying that on March 5th they will get allocation details of March and it will be confirmed then only.

What does this mean? If they don't allocate on March 5th, then I have to wait till April? Is this common practice?
Ask them how they are committing to delivery in March if they aren't sure that they will be allotted this variant in your chosen color. In my experience, once a car is allotted to the dealership, and VIN is generated - it is in the yard of the dealership usually within 7-8 days.
ChiragBasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 21:34   #32
BHPian

Congrats @RavenAvi! Aqua Teal shade does look great on the car and also happens to be the most sold shade for the model. Does Hyundai still offer the dual tone version on the facelift model? It used to come equipped with upsized diamond cut alloys and projector headlamps at a premium of just 30k which was a steal deal. Would look forward to a dedicated ownership thread on the new acquisition. Cheers!

To check on its booked vehicle status, Hyundai has a global service portal where one can check the details of the car assigned once booking has been confirmed and VIN allotted.
Herschey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:04   #33
BHPian

I did a test drive of nios Asta AMT a few days back and even took the car to a nearby hill to test the hill hold and overall climb in hills.

Few points from someone who has driven only manual cars for the last 15 years.

1. The head nod in the initial gears is negligible for anyone switching from a manual.
2. The hill hold works very well on inclines and makes climbing hills very easy. I got myself in a traffic situation while climbing and found it very easy to maneuver because of the hill hold.
3. The creep function is super convenient in traffic conditions.

I was initially confused between the manual and AMT but now am sold on the AMT. Maybe people used to more advanced automatics have a different view but as someone who has driven only manual, I find the Hyundai AMT good enough.
Valueseeker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 15:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
The head nod in the initial gears is negligible for anyone switching from a manual.
Hi Valueseeker,
If you have driven Nexon AMT, could you please compare it with New Nios AMT wrt head nod ?

Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 04:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Hi Valueseeker,
If you have driven Nexon AMT, could you please compare it with New Nios AMT wrt head nod ?

Thanks
Sorry. I haven't driven Nexon AMT.
Old 16th February 2023, 21:28   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
Does Hyundai still offer the dual tone version on the facelift model? It used to come equipped with upsized diamond cut alloys and projector headlamps at a premium of just 30k which was a steal deal.
Thank you.

A Sportz Dual Tone variant is offered but only with a manual transmission. It gets the diamond-cut alloys (same sized wheels as Sportz), a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a wireless phone charger and is just Rs 24,500 over and above the normal Sportz. Only 2 colour options - Spark Green and Polar White - get the phantom black DT roofs.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-untitled.jpg

Unfortunately, Hyundai hasn't offered this with the Sportz AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
Would look forward to a dedicated ownership thread on the new acquisition.
I am not the primary user of the Nios (wife is) so there won't be a separate ownership report. Will keep posting updates on our workhorse in the official Nios review thread from time to time.

Quote:
1. The head nod in the initial gears is negligible for anyone switching from a manual.
With a light touch on the A-pedal, you won't feel much except for the first 2 gear shifts, for which the head nod is very much there but barely felt.

Quote:
2. The hill hold works very well on inclines and makes climbing hills very easy.
Hill hold works like a charm, just like my XUV7OO. On a slope, it holds on to the Nios for ~3 seconds before it starts rolling up/down, which gives the driver more than enough time to react.

Quote:
3. The creep function is super convenient in traffic conditions.
At 5 kmph it is steady and gives you a smooth tee-off, be it from your home or after a stop at a traffic signal.

Quote:
I was initially confused between the manual and AMT but now am sold on the AMT.
Whole-heartedly seconded. At this price range today, it's tough to beat. The smoothest AMT in this segment right now, beating almost all of it's rivals just on the basis of the AMT box's response alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Haven't driven the Nexon AMT either, but having previously owned a Tiago XZ AMT for 2 years and having driven it quite a bit, I can tell you that the Hyundai AMT is miles ahead of the Tiago. With better engine output specs, maybe the Nexon AMT could fare better. Best to take back-to-back test drives and compare for yourself.

Some hits & misses of the 2023 Nios Sportz AMT:-

Auto headlamps are a new addition.
The new DRLs reminiscent of the Tata motifs are quite bright during the day and at night.
But a dedicated foglamp will be missed.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3980.jpg

Functional roof rails provided.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3928.jpg

Rear windshield gets defogger elements only.
No rear wash & wiper present - that's reserved for the Asta.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3926.jpg

175/60/R15 dual-tone stylised steel wheel.
Sportz DT (only in MT) and Asta get same-sized diamond-cut alloys.
Spare is a 165/70/R14 steel wheel for both top variants.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3927.jpg

Keyless entry only.
Asta gets a smart key with push-button start.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3924.jpg

ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with VSM (Vehicle Stability Management) present.
Another notable addition.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3975.jpg

Cruise control is new. Useful for the highway runners.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3930.jpg

A newly-set up voice command button (through Android Auto & Apple CarPlay only) is given on the top left.
Also, a customisable home button is provided on the bottom right.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3931.jpg

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) added to the list.
Our Nios came with all tyres over-inflated to 45/46 PSI during delivery!
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3932.jpg

Front map lights sorely missed. A bad miss!
Front ambience is made up a bit by footwell lighting.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3974.jpg

Automatic Climate Control is present.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3937.jpg

You get a fast-charging Type-C USB slot (new), a 12V socket and a dedicated USB slot in the central console.
No wireless charging pad below - that's only for the Sportz DT (MT) & the Asta.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3938.jpg

No center armrest at the front. Another miss.
Even a small fixed one would have been good.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3973.jpg

Side airbags given (new), ergo no normal seat covers for this Hyundai.
Asta gets curtain airbags as well.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3976.jpg

Rear seat comes with integrated headrests and a missing rear armrest.
Not a bother for us - the rear seat will be rarely used.
Asta gets adjustable rear headrests and ISOFIX mounts.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3977.jpg

If the rear seat is ever used, the rear passengers do get their own (newly added) rear AC vents.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3979.jpg

Reverse camera display is crystal clear and covers the entire 8-inch touchscreen display.
Guidelines are fixed though.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3939.jpg

At the same time, the reverse sensors' display pop up on the MID in the speedo.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3940.jpg

Wired Android Auto & Apple CarPlay added to the feature list.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3941.jpg

When connected, they will provide turn-by-turn navigation through their respective smartphones.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3943.jpg

Customisable buttons (marked with a star) are provided
1) On the right of the 8-inch touchscreen system, and
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3963.jpg

2) On the bottom right of the steering mounted buttons on the left.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_3964.jpg

The Nios looks dazzling in Aqua Teal but it is a dust magnet. The shade might be a pain to maintain in the long run. But, when shining under the sun or under night lights, there's no other impressive colour shade like it in this range.

Waiting periods on the day we took delivery.
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-untitled2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th February 2023 at 21:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 13:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The Nios looks dazzling in Aqua Teal but it is a dust magnet. The shade might be a pain to maintain in the long run. But, when shining under the sun or under night lights, there's no other impressive colour shade like it in this range.
I was very close to booking the Aqua teal as it is my favorite color in Nios. Though the car is mainly for my wife and she liked the Red. Also my 3 year old son wanted the red

So I am getting the red and hopefully it will look good and be easy to maintain.
Old 18th February 2023, 21:45   #38
BHPian

Got delivery of an Aqua Teal Sportz AMT in the family today(Kochi).

There was no real waiting period. Booked it during first week of Feb and the car was available by the second week. We made the payment but delayed the delivery due to personal inconviniences.

A feature rich car at value for money price! The dealership interactions were pleasant throughout and they kept every word/date they promised.
Old 20th February 2023, 11:32   #39
BHPian

Any views on should I buy the shield of trust from Hyundai?

I have booked the Nios Asta AMT. The car will be used mainly for city drive averaging about 1000 kms a month. I am confused whether the shield of trust will be worthwhile as max period offered is 5 years and major cost components like clutch assembly usually lasts longer than the ~60,000 kms I expect to do over the next 5 years.
Old 7th March 2023, 10:16   #40

Hi all!

I have considered buying a small, city friendly hatchback and after carefully comparing a range of options like Altroz, I20, I10, Astor, I decided to go for I20 Nline N8.

Reasons: Features rich, Premium looks and fun to drive. All others were either too expensive or lacked premium feel

However, I am in a pickle since the release of i10 Nios.

Reasons for dilemma: I20 Nline is 1.5-year-old in terms of launch. I10 is newly updated and has most features like Bluetooth charging etc. However, I am super confused as I prefer the looks and performance of I20 Nline.

Can someone please guide if

1. Being 1.5 yo is a concern as I read that facelift for i20 is in the works.
2. Would spending 5 lakhs extra on Nline provide a more VFM in terms of interiors?
Old 8th March 2023, 13:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS could get Sportz Executive variant

According to a media report, Hyundai is planning to launch the Grand i10 NIOS in Sportz Executive trim. The new variant will be positioned between the Magna and Sportz trims.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-2023hyundaigrandi10niosfacelift05.jpg

The report states that the Grand i10 NIOS Sportz Executive could miss out on features like automatic climate control and might cost around Rs 4,000- Rs 5,000 less than the Sportz trim.

Hyundai launched the Grand i10 NIOS facelift in January this year. At present, the car is available in four variants: Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta.

The Grand i10 NIOS is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that produces 82 BHP and 114 Nm. The engine is paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT. The car is also available with a factory-fitted CNG kit.

Source: Carwale
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 13:25   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The report states that the Grand i10 NIOS Sportz Executive could miss out on features like automatic climate control and might cost around Rs 4,000- Rs 5,000 less than the Sportz trim.
I do not understand what Hyundai is trying to achieve here. For someone who is stretching their budget from Magna to Sportz, what difference does 4-5K make? They could go for the Sportz variant instead of the executive trim and get automatic climate control which is pretty useful over the manual AC.

Also, since the Grand i10 will almost always be offered with some sort of discount throughout the year, this difference is even negligible.
furyrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 14:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS could get Sportz Executive variant
As far as I know, when I was checking for a Beater for the City, I had seen the Sportz Executive Variant of the Facelift already. It is even listed on CarDekho with the price and features.

Attaching the pic of the variant being available on CarDekho:
2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230308_143450.jpg

Last edited by MADisMynAMe : 8th March 2023 at 14:38.
Old 8th March 2023, 14:37   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it a stop gap arrangement for feature deletion I wonder. Perhaps another 6 months later, the Sportz Executive variant will be taken out, but the Sportz variant, will actually have the same features as this Sportz Executive. I.e. - eventually Sportz - without auto climate control for example.
Old 8th March 2023, 15:00   #45

Hello fellow BhPians,

So I just opted for the Sportz variant and the make of the car is Jan 2023 since the dealership confirmed that they have been directed from Hyundai to take bookings for Sportz Executive trim only (atleast for now)

This I have confirmed with multiple dealerships and all were saying the same.

So I think it may be just a strategy to push people for the Asta variant ( or if someone can live with manual AC then the sportz variant)

PS: same is done with the I20 Sprortz as well. It is no longer in Dealership booking list and only Sportz executive variant is available with Manual AC.

Most Viewed