Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 16:34   #46
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEdzio View Post
So I just opted for the Sportz variant and the make of the car is Jan 2023 since the dealership confirmed that they have been directed from Hyundai to take bookings for Sportz Executive trim only (atleast for now)
Now it makes sense. Instead of feature deletions and getting bad press like Tata/Mahindra or Skoda/VW (downgraded ICE), Hyundai has started offering Exec variants. This way, they won't make customers who purchased the Exec variants feel shortchanged after the Sportz variants hit the shelves again since they never purchased the true Sportz variant to begin with. They can play around with their variant spread and still get away with it.

I thought they offered the Exec variants during the pandemic to counter chip shortage - remember Creta SX(Exec)? The Koreans know how to sell cars in our market!
furyrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 17:10   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
With a light touch on the A-pedal, you won't feel much except for the first 2 gear shifts, for which the head nod is very much there but barely felt.
Hi RavenAvi,

Have you driven New Baleno AMT ? It has very smooth AMT and TBHP review also says that it is probably the best AMT so far.

So, is this Nios AMT better than Baleno AMT in terms of smoothness ?

If you have to choose one Car which one would you pick and why ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2023, 10:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Sportz Executive launched at Rs 7.16 lakh

Hyundai has silently launched a new variant of the Grand i10 NIOS. The new 'Sportz Executive' trim is available in manual and AMT versions priced at Rs 7,16,400 and Rs 7,70,200 (ex-showroom), respectively.

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-2023hyundaigrandi10niosfacelift05.jpg

The Sportz Executive trim is positioned between the Magna and Sportz variants. The price difference between the Sportz and Sportz Executive variants is Rs 3,500.

As far as features are concerned, the Sportz Executive trim misses out on automatic climate control. Instead, this variant gets a manual AC, similar to that of the Magna trim.

The Grand i10 NIOS is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that produces 82 BHP and 114 Nm. The engine is paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 14:43   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Have you driven New Baleno AMT ? It has very smooth AMT and TBHP review also says that it is probably the best AMT so far.

So, is this Nios AMT better than Baleno AMT in terms of smoothness ?
Yes, and the Nios AMT is far better than the Baleno AMT in terms of smoothness and ease. I would go for the Nios AMT any day. Hyundai has done a great job of masking the AMT's jerky limitations by giving it electric gear actuators.

Baleno CVT was a much better option. Too bad they discontinued it.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 18:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yes, and the Nios AMT is far better than the Baleno AMT.

Baleno CVT was a much better option. Too bad they discontinued it.

Well, that is a very strong comment for a good car (Baleno). Because, every "reviewer" has praised new Baleno AMT.

Regarding old Baleno CVT, you are right but that CVT had rubber band effect to annoying level.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 14th March 2023, 12:39   #51
BHPian

I just got a call from my dealer today that the AMT is in short supply. I had booked the Asta AMT a month back and was expecting to get delivery by March end.

Now the dealer is saying they have no asta amt allocated for march and will know april allocation by april 1st week. So basically I could be left hanging in April without the car. The manual is available quickly though.

Is anyone else facing similar issue? Any suggestions on what I can do? I don't think going to another dealer will help. Should I try to reach Hyundai directly?
Old 14th March 2023, 18:43   #52
BHPian

Since this is a newer thread, I will ask here. I have the older Grand i10 Nios which I bought one year back.
I have a question about Google Maps on the screen. I know that I have been able to have both google maps and radio / media on same screen together. But I have no clue how to get that back. Can anyone help me here?

I want that when my iPhone is connected (wired) to the ICE and apple carplay is active, I should be able to see map as well as radio / media on screen together, left half has the google maps and right half the media control.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:46   #53
BHPian

I have a G-i10 Nios Sports AMT which I picked up in 2019. I had a question. Sorry to hijack the new Nios review thread.

I am seeing lots of videos of the cruise control unit being retro fitted onto the old Nios'. They seem to be working fine as per the videos.

1. Is it safe to retro fit it onto the older version
2. Is so, since this is my main driver for the highways too, is anyone aware of where this can be done in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th April 2023, 18:22   #54
BHPian

Planning to get the Asta AMT variant for my mother. I've waited long enough for a "proper" automatic, sad that there isn't a single TC/DCT unit out there under 10 lacs. The car will be used within city limits 95% of the time, so I have finally decided to go with the i10 Nios. Strange that I'm not even considering an alternate option, nothing out there that excites me.

The color options have me confused. The best I like is the dual-tone white/black shade, but that isn't available in Asta. Any thoughts on getting the roof and pillars painted in black from the dealer? Or any other colors you think I should strongly consider?

My first car, the good old 2007 Swift Vxi, still runs fine and I'm way too emotionally attached to let it go. Had done a proper restoration in 2019, including a half-engine replacement. My mother uses it now, but it's time for her to move to an automatic. My swift is Red, so I don't want another Red hatch in the Garage.
Old 7th April 2023, 16:55   #55

Hello to all the enthusiast!

I booked asta amt on Feb 20th in Jaipur, Rajasthan for my wife, but still no luck with delivery date. I negotiated a good 65k on the quoted price, so it will cost us 9.2L on road. I enuired with other dealers as well but they are more keen on pushing sportz amt stating asta amt is slow in production. Is it really the case? I am totally confused now, wether to stick with our choice or we should choose another car? Though I am okay to wait, as we already have a couple of cars but no certainty is kind of an awkward situation.
Old 8th April 2023, 07:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitaga View Post

I booked asta amt on Feb 20th in Jaipur, Rajasthan for my wife, but still no luck with delivery date. I negotiated a good 65k on the quoted price, so it will cost us 9.2L on road. I enuired with other dealers as well but they are more keen on pushing sportz amt stating asta amt is slow in production. Is it really the case? I am totally confused now, wether to stick with our choice or we should choose another car? Though I am okay to wait, as we already have a couple of cars but no certainty is kind of an awkward situation.
I had booked on 11 Feb and was in the same situation until 2 days back. Just day before yesterday I got a call from the dealer that my Asta AMT is in process of being dispatched and I should get it within the next 2 weeks.

I don't think going to another dealer will help as the delay is at company level and specifically for the Asta AMT models. Asta manual and sports AMT are available much quicker.

Since you booked just about 10 days after me, I would suggest you wait for a couple of weeks and then take a call. There is a good chance that you will get the vehicle within April.

Last edited by Valueseeker : 8th April 2023 at 07:12.
Valueseeker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 19:57   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valueseeker View Post
I had booked on 11 Feb and was in the same situation until 2 days back. Just day before yesterday I got a call from the dealer that my Asta AMT is in process of being dispatched and I should get it within the next 2 weeks.

I don't think going to another dealer will help as the delay is at company level and specifically for the Asta AMT models. Asta manual and sports AMT are available much quicker.

Since you booked just about 10 days after me, I would suggest you wait for a couple of weeks and then take a call. There is a good chance that you will get the vehicle within April.
Thank you for sharing this Valueseeker. This brings a lot of confidence

Which city you are taking the delivery?
mohitaga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 05:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for sharing this Valueseeker. This brings a lot of confidence

Which city you are taking the delivery?
Siliguri

As per latest update, my vehicle has been dispatched and is expected to be delivered by April 17th.
Valueseeker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:41   #59

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Facelift : A Close Look-our-new-i10.jpeg

Our family got the new Hyundai Grand i10 Nios AMT for use in the city (Mumbai)

We booked the Asta AMT variant in Typhoon Silver for our family use after Diwali last year with a wait time of 3-4 months and luckily the car got refreshed in January. It was one of the first deliveries for this model in the city and the entire process has been painless through Shreenath Motors. I like the fact that I didn't need to mod anything on it as everything that one would need in a modern car comes stock from the factory. Got ceramic top and anti-rust underbody coating by the local 3M place and even got the lightest (and cheapest) tint installed on the windows.

The AMT transmission is super smooth in Mumbai bumper-to-bumper traffic and the car has been very easy to drive and navigate through the countless roadworks happening in the city. Infotainment system is very convenient and works flawlessly with Android auto. The AC is almost brutally efficient. Came with Goodyear tyres. Love the silver/black styling.

(pictured me at the public parking lot at Flora Fountain)
ihotoris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:43   #60

Quote:

Stick to your choice if you can wait. No downside to having Asta AMT as it has the best features.

Most Viewed