Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2023, 10:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

3rd-gen Honda Amaze to be launched in India in 2024

The Honda Amaze has been around for the last 5 years and is due for an update. According to reports, the third-generation iteration of the compact sedan will be launched in the Indian market in 2024, following its global debut.

3rd-gen Honda Amaze to be launched in India in 2024-2021hondaamaze01.jpg

The next-gen Honda Amaze will reportedly be based on a modified version of the current platform, which will also be shared with Honda’s upcoming mid-size SUV.

3rd-gen Honda Amaze to be launched in India in 2024-2021hondaamaze09.jpg

The sub-4 metre sedan is likely to borrow design cues from other models in Honda’s line-up, including the City and Accord. It will also get a revamped interior, replete with a floating touchscreen infotainment system, among other modern features.

3rd-gen Honda Amaze to be launched in India in 2024-2021hondaamaze01-1.jpg

Unlike the current Amaze, the new model will not be offered with a diesel engine. Instead, the car is expected to carry over the 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit that powers the current model. This engine develops 89 BHP and 110 Nm and is paired with either a 5-speed manual or a CVT.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 1st February 2023 at 10:17.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 10:41   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3rd-gen Honda Amaze to be launched in India in 2024

The Amaze still does ~4000 units a month which is very good for a segment that is completely dominated by the Dzire. In fact, along with the City, the Amaze is the other product paying the bills at Honda India. It's quite competent, spacious & neutral in nature. A smooth AT is also a huge advantage in the sea of AMTs.

But in a market dominated by SUVs & Crossovers, Honda doesn't have a single selling product in this segment. Where is Honda's rival to the Sonet & gang? Where is Honda's rival to the Creta, Seltos etc.? The 1st-gen Creta was launched 8-years ago and proved right then & there the potential profits & volumes that a 15-20 lakh crossover can offer. IMHO, over & above the City & Amaze, Honda desperately needs to double up on its crossover offerings for India.

Not having crossovers today is like a phone company not selling smartphones in India.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 14:53   #3
BHPian

The Mrs. just traded her Baleno Alpha for the top spec Amaze. There is no wow factor in anything. She upgraded the tyres and got a center armrest installed. But it is a very practical car for city driving. I can see why it sells. Hopefully the newer generation has more features.
Old 1st February 2023, 23:33   #4
BHPian

I hope Honda guys add a turbo petrol option in the mix as well. The current 1.2 litre is just too vanilla of an engine even though it does the job for 99% percent of it's target buyers.
tanbeamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:02   #5

A petrol-hybrid option would be killer, but Honda rarely takes the initiative anymore.
nsvkmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 00:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbeamer View Post
I hope Honda guys add a turbo petrol option in the mix as well. The current 1.2 litre is just too vanilla of an engine even though it does the job for 99% percent of it's target buyers.
That was sure an option on paper before but Honda scrapped it during the project stage only. Also, the platform is being readied for an EV / Strong Hybrid version, but I am not sure what really materialized.

On the other hand considering 3US the SUV will have 1.5 Strong Hybrid as an option and it shares the platform with next gen amaze 3UR , there is a strong inclination on having a hybrid option.
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 20:31   #7
BHPian

Is this new gen car being developed or not? Will it be coming out anytime soon? We have booked an Amaze and the car will be delivered in a week. Although I believe I won't be missing out on much, I am just curious about this model. Would really appreciate if anyone throws some light on this.
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 21:44   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
That was sure an option on paper before but Honda scrapped it during the project stage only. Also, the platform is being readied for an EV / Strong Hybrid version, but I am not sure what really materialized.

On the other hand considering 3US the SUV will have 1.5 Strong Hybrid as an option and it shares the platform with next gen amaze 3UR , there is a strong inclination on having a hybrid option.
@Motorhead23, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't 3US codename for Elevate. Does this mean Elevate may get the 1.5 Hybrid in future ?
Also there were rumors of Honda starting work on 1.5 Turbo engine (AP2-T)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5594610 (Honda Elevate Preview)
Any news on that ?
Old 22nd October 2023, 22:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos596 View Post
@Motorhead23, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't 3US codename for Elevate. Does this mean Elevate may get the 1.5 Hybrid in future ?
Also there were rumors of Honda starting work on 1.5 Turbo engine (AP2-T)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5594610 (Honda Elevate Preview)
Any news on that ?
Considering a City BHEV costs around Rs 25 Lakhs in Bangalore, the Elevate BHEV will be touching Rs 28 L which is not elastic enough
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 23:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Honda's can beat and compete with the likes of Creta's and Selto's only if they bring competent engines namely a turbo charged petrol and the diesel back.

Imagine the Elevate had a diesel engine, 6 speed manual which had such tall overdrive of the car doing 120 at 1900-2000 rpm, with the diesel giving 23-24 kmpl ARAI, an automatic version of this iteration with a 6 speed torque converter and a higher version of it offered with AWD because of the amazing GC it carries, making a potent 'lets tour the mountain' emotion in buyers. Creta diesel comprises of 45% of all Creta sales, where is the diesel dying?

I feel Honda's are launching cars for the heck of it without giving it all they have got to this country. Look at Kia, they are blitzkrieging this nation with all they have got in the cream segments, who would have thought this new entrant would capture such huge numbers in such a short time.

Bring a Diesel Amaze, give it a TC and open a new segment up of TC Diesel Automatics in this segment, could be a game changer.

Last edited by humyum : 22nd October 2023 at 23:13.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks