Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2021, 15:58   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

2022 Creta facelift, with a new design for the front-end spotted testing. Grill inspired from Tucson and headlights from Palisade.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-c67de971cfe3421a89cd592fb3f5e723.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-d1c8c5bbdd574f7b8de2f7b922ab29ac.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-800c001fe8c040b6bc571316a785633e.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-2916e490971f4ee3bb24915ed456cd21.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-19575aaa2f534cbdac6bc87e0f093d83.jpeg

https://www.rushlane.com/2022-hyunda...-12403324.html

Mod Note: Our Hyundai Creta Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Omkar : 17th January 2024 at 11:38.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (33) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 16:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

Hyundai is just relentless with their attack!

I hope they work on fixing the ugliness (subjective) and make it more like the Pallisade. Rear end needs to be toned down too!

If they can do that and provide good safety ratings as well - competition can only wait and watch from the sidelines.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Got to appreciate Hyundai for keeping the Creta updated regularly inspite of still topping the charts and have no competition.

If this was MS, with the kind of sales it is doing, they would have just let it run for decades without any changes.
m8002? is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 21:13   #4
BHPian

This, I suppose would fall into the typical two-year minor face update cycle that the Creta has so usually been been going through.

Or- is it really?

Notwithstanding all that, I will not be surprised if the next iteration of the Creta has a less radical front and a rear end.

The design language of the present Creta, I understand has been driven by the Chinese end of their design team – reflecting their specific Chinese cultural orientations, which may or may not be in tune with mainline design expectations, elsewhere.

The present design, if I may may speak my mind frankly, reminds me of what the Chinese defence expert hinted at their strategy at a defence thin-tank seminar here sometime back – very aptly titled as :

“Biang Biang Noodles”

Which essentially means they intend to make you run around in circles until you are totally confused as to what the heck these guys are up to…
and makes perhaps a person wonder whether did they (the Chinese end of the team) really have a unique style approach at all, or maybe it was perhaps just an attempt to be a poseur?

And that “original and unique” approach may perhaps wear thin very soon with a bit of age and growing fierce competition. This may (repeat – “may”) just be the reason why the sage management at Kia, Korea asked for a facelift so soon?
Rigid Rotor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 21:15   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
If this was MS, with the kind of sales it is doing, they would have just let it run for decades without any changes.
MS hasn't been such a laggard. Look at the Swift, DZire, Alto and so on. These models have been updated with minor refresh every 2-3 years. All new models have been developed every 7-8 years. They're at par with competition even they're market leaders.

We need to see what Maruti launches as a competitor to the Creta. And while at it, they need to bring those boosterjet turbo petrol engines.
ashis89 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 22:15   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there any mechanical changes expected as well?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but generally most manufacturers don't test face-lifts unless there's more than just plastic surgery.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 03:52   #7
DVK
BHPian

Oh this is interesting!

We have a Creta at home, around 7 months old now. I must say, during this time, the front design did grow on us but the rear! The rear is still very polarising to the eyes. Every time I see another Creta from the rear on the road, my go-to reaction is, is this how it looks like? Really? The only saving grace for me so far has been that we tend to park our cars to-go so that does the trick to an extent.

That being said, I really hope Hyundai concentrates on the rear as much as they seem to be doing in the front, because the front was not that much of a problem and does it's job well in setting it apart from the crowd in a decent manner. It already has a Palisade-esque look to it.

This is wishful thinking on my part, but if the new design is a plug and play or with minimal modifications, I think it will be a hit with those doing aftermarket mods on their cars.
DVK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 07:04   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Are there any mechanical changes expected as well?
Not needed, man. The Creta has the segment-best engines & transmissions. Now, even the suspension & highway behaviour are so sorted .

Quote:
but generally most manufacturers don't test face-lifts unless there's more than just plastic surgery.
Maybe how a new grille design affects cooling? Or new emissions hardware for some countries? Or how a new feature performs in the real world (e.g. ventilated seats)? Perhaps, how the new touchscreen or new instrument cluster function in the real-world (including visibility)?

I just hope they make the facelift less ugly. The current design is way too polarising.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 13:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is one car maker that comes out with refreshes and newer generations of its models faster than any other car maker in the country. One of the main drawbacks about buying their cars is that a new refreshed one might come in a year or two. That being said, as a car company it is exciting to offer consumers a fresh choice each time they set their foot in the showrooms.

The first ever Hyundai Creta in India came out in just 2015. Six years later we are are seeing spy shots of the facelift of the second generation ! That too after being a segment leader. However hoping this time they come with a much more appealing visual design than the previous one.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 21:04   #10
BHPian

From the spy shots the front end looks to have resemblance with the 2021 Tucson. Possibly less polarizing (not that the polarizing looks have had any impact in terms of market performance !)

Few things Hyundai can take care of in the facelifted version :
1. Usage of soft touch and more luxurious textures in the interior. While the quality of the cabin in general is pretty consistent, the ambience can definitely be uplifted for a 20 lakh rupees car.
2. A more powerful diesel model ! For people seeking fun and not very comfortable about Turbo Petrols or DCTs can opt for a powerful diesel (with torque convertor). There is a big gap between the horsepower ratings of Creta and the sub segment higher (Harrier/Hector/Compass etc). So a 130-135 bhp version maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-20200915010042_newtucsonfront.jpg  

Turbokick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 09:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
Oh this is interesting!

We have a Creta at home, around 7 months old now. I must say, during this time, the front design did grow on us but the rear!
Just today, I took a long look at my silver Creta along its side profile. I think it looks pretty sleek. And I also caught a glint of contrasting shades of silver, based on reflections in sunlight. It looks so much different and richer than the regular "coin" silver of other cars.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 31st May 2021 at 09:25.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 11:09   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
2022 Creta facelift, with a new design for the front-end spotted testing. Grill inspired from Tucson and headlights from Palisade.
Does this mean that the facelifted Creta will possibly get less polarizing looks, while the newer Hyundai Alcazar is left looking like the "old" Creta?
That should shut the mouths of those complaining that the Alcazar's front looks too much like the Creta, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
... (not that the polarizing looks have had any impact in terms of market performance !)
You can say that again! Despite the looks, Creta is selling very well. Why bother with a facelift when nothing seems amiss?
Old 31st May 2021, 11:12   #13
BHPian

IMO, the new design would have better suited on the Alcazar first. It would've given a unique identity to the vehicle rather than being a Creta Plus. The facelift design on Creta could've come later on, say maybe after two years, as the car is still selling like hot cakes.

I do have friends now who have recently opted for the Creta and are very disappointed with the facelift news coming out as soon as 2022.
DebarshiSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 11:32   #14
BHPian

This is probably quick in terms of a facelift! The current Creta was just trying to get familiar to the eyes and not look that bad in terms of the looks and BOOM a new one is spotted.

IMO, the current gen owners who took Creta and were "okayish" with the looks have a major point of regret just in case if the facelift is more appealing to the eyes.

Current gen creta was just launched before the lockdown imposed in 2020 and we're here sitting in lockdown with another Creta in the works probably by the time lockdown hits its second anniversary

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st May 2021 at 11:42. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 31st May 2021, 11:35   #15
BHPian

I am eagerly awaiting the launch of this face lift. I plan to purchase a compact SUV within the next 6 to 12 months. Other cars that I am looking forward to are the VW Taigun and Skoda Kushaq. Let's hope Hyundai doesn't increase the prices of the face lift by too much. Already the asking price is way beyond what the car offers. Ideally the top model of Creta should be below 15L-16L (ex-showroom).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks