Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 13:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The sunroof has been available as an acccessory for over a year now - costs have come down though, I remember being quoted around 40-45k when it was launched.

So there's only a SXI version for the 1.6 now? Strange strategy I must say or maybe they've wisened up to the fact that people were buying more ZXIs & adding on the accessories!
Gosh, I was not aware of the sunroof option. Guess it is too late now for me.
As regards phasing out 1.6 zxi, yes, they got wise as many guys were going for it and fitting extras like chrome gear lever, etc., thereby saving around 25 k.
From March, 2007, zxi is only available in 1.4 version---but it has a few features like adjustable driver's seat, temp display, chrome in cabin, etc.
But there is no stereo.
Old 12th July 2007, 15:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey! i just got my fiesta last week and there's no sunroof option available here!! it comes only with the limited edition! how come its available onlu in some places???
Old 12th July 2007, 18:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
hey congrats....havent seen a fiesta with a sunroof as yet.how much does the optional sunroof cost if you get it from the dealer??

Get one from Webasto. They'd probably be cheaper than buying from a dealership. Plus you get warranty (2 years i think) There quality etc is top notch. I recently checked it out for my car.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th July 2007 at 18:25.
Old 12th July 2007, 19:18   #34
BHPian

webasto is the way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, I was not aware of the sunroof option. Guess it is too late now for me.
Get it done from webasto. they have a 2 yr warranty besides even ford gets it done from them.

I have requested bhavna ford to show me the limited edition car so that i can have a clear understanding of the quality of work regarding the webasto sunroof.
Old 12th July 2007, 21:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Get it done from webasto. they have a 2 yr warranty besides even ford gets it done from them.
Do the ford guys do up the headliner after installing the Webasto, or it is part of the Webasto installation.
Old 15th July 2007, 13:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

If we install the sunroof from webasto, then does it void the warranty in any way???
Old 17th July 2007, 18:49   #37
BHPian

change of plans

Got some news guys. I am not going for the sunroof. After a lot of research and study I decided not to opt for the sunroof. It was tempting and I sure would have loved to have it but ford is providing me only the hollandia 200 which is an outdated model and isnt even sold anywhere in the world. That sort of put me off. I mean why do these guys always dump the left overs here?

I visited the andheri webasto outlet and spoke to Umesh there. He didnt even know about any webasto hollandia 200 model. He showed me the 300 model. I reconfirmed with ford india and my dealers about the 200 model and they said thats the one they will fit. Then i tried to read online about it. I didnt get any info about such a model. finally got in touch with someone in Noida who explained that it is a model with an inferior motor and that it isnt even readily available anywhere.

I am very upset with this info. Its tough when I already had so man ideas of how to use the roof on long drives but then on second thoughts the fiesta is a good car with or without the sunroof and so I am sort of now looking forward to the delivery on thursday. I will post the pics once i get it.
Old 20th July 2007, 18:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great decision Chittybang, for abandoning the sun-roof. Fiesta is a damn good car,but Ford overprices its accessories. For instance they charge around 5 K for cool film, but I got it done for 2 k---good quality, imported film.
I hope you have got the car by now ---so congrats, and have fun!
Old 20th July 2007, 20:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Got some news guys. I am not going for the sunroof. After a lot of research and study I decided not to opt for the sunroof. It was tempting and I sure would have loved to have it but ford is providing me only the hollandia 200 which is an outdated model and isnt even sold anywhere in the world. That sort of put me off. I mean why do these guys always dump the left overs here?

I visited the andheri webasto outlet and spoke to Umesh there. He didnt even know about any webasto hollandia 200 model. He showed me the 300 model. I reconfirmed with ford india and my dealers about the 200 model and they said thats the one they will fit. Then i tried to read online about it. I didnt get any info about such a model. finally got in touch with someone in Noida who explained that it is a model with an inferior motor and that it isnt even readily available anywhere.

I am very upset with this info. Its tough when I already had so man ideas of how to use the roof on long drives but then on second thoughts the fiesta is a good car with or without the sunroof and so I am sort of now looking forward to the delivery on thursday. I will post the pics once i get it.
That was a good decisions, Sunroofs serve almost no purpose in India given the cost/usage involved. Admit yu'll go lower on the bling, but those who look beyond the bling are who you should always care for!
Old 20th March 2010, 16:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

can i know the price quoted for Hollandia 300
Old 20th March 2010, 17:01   #41
BHPian

Congrats Buddy.... I never knew that the Fiesta was available with an optional Sunroof too.. Is it a special edition? Could you please throw some light on this regard....i am curious to know
Old 20th March 2010, 18:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Guys - 2.5 years too late ??
Old 20th March 2010, 18:39   #43
Team-BHP Support

Oldie thread fellows. Closing it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed