Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 12:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Baleno, Ertiga & XL6 get new connectivity features

Maruti Suzuki has upgraded the infotainment system in the Baleno, Ertiga and XL6 with new connectivity features.

Maruti Baleno, Ertiga & XL6 get new connectivity features-2022marutibaleno05.jpg

The Smart Play Pro and Pro+ infotainment systems in these cars now offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. The Baleno’s head-up display now integrates Turn-by-Turn navigation.

Turn-by-Turn navigation is also available on the speedometer MID of the Baleno, Ertiga and XL6. Besides this, the Ertiga and XL6 get the ‘Surround Sense’ Arkamys audio system.

Maruti Baleno, Ertiga & XL6 get new connectivity features-2022marutibaleno14.jpg

These features will be available via an Over-the-Air (OTA) update. Customers can install these updates via their smartphones or download them from Maruti Suzuki’s website.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 12:35   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno, Ertiga & XL6 get new connectivity features

I have updated the wireless connectivity in my Baleno Zeta 2022 model.
Wireless Android auto works effectively with almost zero loss in sound quality.
But Google maps constantly shows searching for GPS. Don't know if this is issue of wireless connectivity or a real GPS issue.
When Google maps works, MID starts showing direction when a turn is 500 metres away.
Old 7th February 2023, 18:13   #3
BHPian

I updated the same in my 2022 XL6 just 5 mins back. I also copied only the .pkg file in the usb root directory (Keep this as the only file if you can for the best experience but won't be required), inserted the usb in the usb socket of the dashboard.

The Smartpro ICE auto detected the file and updated the software in less than 5 mins. It restarted the unit after that.

It's just that my android device (Samsung Galaxy S10 lite) took little over 30 mins to finally to get connected and voila I have 'Wireless Android Auto' too now :-)

Points to remember:

1. Your phone needs to connect to Car's wifi (it would be without internet) and bluetooth
2. Make sure that the android auto option (in settings of your phone) has 'Wireless Android Auto' checked

All the best for upgrades to the current Smartpro/+ owners.

Best Regards,
Achint
Old 7th February 2023, 18:19   #4
BHPian

I have been using this for over a week now. I must say drive is much sorted now. No extra cables. The best part is the navigation alerts on MID.

Not only the wireless Android Auto, Google has also updated the Android Auto, which gives us split screens like Apple carplay.

saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed