Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 14:03   #181
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

From the perspective of a Nexon Diesel AMT owner:

Introduction of a proper automatic in both petrol and diesel will be a great update but Tata should also give 6 airbags in the car which will make this vehicle a complete car in all the respects.
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 18:21   #182
BHPian

Tata should go all guns blazing on the next gen Nexon. They know for sure, this is going to be a winner, I can't see a reason why this car would fail in the market.

> 1.2L Turbo Petrol - Check
> 1.5L Diesel - Check
> DCT and no AMT - Check
> Updated interiors - Check
> Updated exteriors (especially the rear) - Check
> Safety - Check (knowing this is the TATA NEXON)
> Give a 5 year / unlimited km standard warranty - just to re-assure Tata's Service.

This sure will draw customers from one segment down and a couple of segments up as well.

Last edited by Mechanto : 24th April 2023 at 18:22.
Mechanto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 21:56   #183
Senior - BHPian

More pictures of the camouflaged Nexon facelift.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-02.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-01.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-03.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 22:56   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
More pictures of the camouflaged Nexon facelift.

Attachment 2443617

Attachment 2443618

Attachment 2443619

Source
This car seems to have Harrier-type mirrors and 5 wheel nuts. So we can now say that Nexon will get a 360 camera and 4-wheel disc brakes.

Also, if Tata had implemented the new touchscreen in the EV Max, why could they not just add the 360 camera module as well, as without it the coding of the touchscreen would have to be altered?
daksh0510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 03:57   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie chips in that the new-gen Nexon will have a DCT option in both petrol AND diesel fuel options. Both iterations will be equipped with paddle shifters as well.

Launch is chalked up for Q1 2024, as of now.
And how reliable is the birdie?

Because me and my family have been eyening on this facelift model for a while since we are looking to buy our first family car. The pain of anticipating the launch date is just unreal
Ronak_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
The pain of anticipating the launch date is just unreal
We feel your pain. Especially since all the leaked stuff points to this being a bit of a blockbuster. I'd say hold on a bit more since I can't think of anything at the moment that's as tantalizing as this one in this segment.
sravankrishnan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 17:18   #187
BHPian

I am wondering how much premium Tata will charge for the DCT gearbox along with updated features. All my DCT excitement died the moment I checked the current on-road prices for Nexon in Bangalore . The current gen Nexon AMT diesel top end costs ~18 lakhs in Bangalore. With the facelift and DCT gearbox, it looks like the top end diesel may cost ~20 lakhs and top end petrol may cost ~18 lakhs. This is getting into the Creta/Kushaq category and will push these car prices higher.

I hope the DCT diesel entry variant like the XMA is well-equipped and priced around 16 lakhs on the road. For comparison, the current generation diesel XMA model costs 14.35 lakhs on the road, which is way too high for the AMT gearbox and features offered.

Current gen AMT on-road prices in Bangalore

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-price.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-price1.jpg

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th April 2023 at 17:32. Reason: Merging as requested.
swoosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 16:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Saw one today. The company people inside the car were saying it was a VW vehicle and police testing is going on. Don't talk to us . The headlights are very much similar to the Curvv concept but the taillamps are a little different than Curvv.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-img_20230426_154640.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 26th April 2023 at 19:58. Reason: Typo
tushky is offline   (14) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th April 2023, 17:22   #189
BHPian

Altroz xz petrol was 8.4 vs Altrox XZA(DCA) was 9.5. So we can expect similar pricing in Nexon DCA too (maybe less due to the scale Nexon will provide for the gearbox).

Facelift does not include a huge price rise (https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...-new-24960.htm). Maybe around 50k.
sharathkamath04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:46   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Saw one today. The company people inside the car were telling its a VW vehicle and police testing is going on. Dont talk to us the headlights are very much similar to the curvee concept but the taillamps are little different than Curvv
The bulges of the tailgate are gone and is now flat. So we'll expect the rear X design to be dumped and will have a plane-jane flat design with the bumper and number plate recess getting tucked under the tail gate, a design akin to the Maruti Swift. I have a feel that the tail lights too will be extended onto the tail gate with an LED strip running across the rear width. Complicated rear design seems to have given way. This design seems to have made the boot bigger than before and reduced the loading lip down further....

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 26th April 2023 at 17:50.
Old 27th April 2023, 11:52   #191
BHPian

When I drive my friend's nexon, I walways get a cramped feeling wherein the view through the front windshield and the side windows is not great. With the facelift are the side windows going to be any bigger

I come from a Maurti Ritz which has massive windshield and side glasses.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th April 2023 at 11:54. Reason: spacing
Old 27th April 2023, 12:56   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
I am wondering how much premium Tata will charge for the DCT gearbox along with updated features. All my DCT excitement died the moment I checked the current on-road prices for Nexon in Bangalore . The current gen Nexon AMT diesel top end costs ~18 lakhs in Bangalore. With the facelift and DCT gearbox, it looks like the top end diesel may cost ~20 lakhs and top end petrol may cost ~18 lakhs. This is getting into the Creta/Kushaq category and will push these car prices higher.

I hope the DCT diesel entry variant like the XMA is well-equipped and priced around 16 lakhs on the road.
Personally - I don't expect there to be a diesel DCA Nexon. AFAIK - the DCA box, is meant for torque upto 200 Nm. (which is the tune of the Altroz diesel.)

Nexon diesel's peak torque can reach 250 Nm - which I suppose is well over the DCA's designed specifications.

In general - I'd anyway love to see a comfortable and reliable torque converter paired with that diesel engine in a Nexon. DCA can be provided with the Petrol. Anyway - the high % of petrol variant sale on the Nexon off late and the associated price dynamics, will mostly result in a petrol DCA Nexon, not diesel in my personal opinion.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 13:15   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Personally - I don't expect there to be a diesel DCA Nexon. AFAIK - the DCA box, is meant for torque upto 200 Nm. (which is the tune of the Altroz diesel.)
Doesn't the new TGDI engine which is getting launched by Tata, probably in the facelift Nexon, have over 200NM of torque, 225NM I believe. Tata will need to do some changes to the DCA gearbox if they want to launch along with this engine. This will probably also allow Diesel to get this gearbox.
yaleen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 13:42   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
When I drive my friend's nexon, I walways get a cramped feeling wherein the view through the front windshield and the side windows is not great. With the facelift are the side windows going to be any bigger

I come from a Maurti Ritz which has massive windshield and side glasses.
The facelift has only cosmetic changes so there is no change in size of window. Nexon has coupe like design so the windows will be small.
Even I owned Ritz previously and the high window lines of Nexon feels awkward. The Punch feels much better with its boxy interior design.

Last edited by abhi_krao : 27th April 2023 at 13:45.
abhi_krao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 07:09   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

2023 Tata Nexon facelift spotted at night,
Quote:
got night testing shots revealing the tail lamp design. The distance between the two LED tail lamp strips has increased a bit. The side profile doesn’t reveal any major changes barring the alloy wheel design. At the front, we can see the new DRL design and also LED headlamps which are missing in the current model.
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-screenshot-20230429-070747.png

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-2.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks