Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 18:43   #31
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
The 2024 Nexon will be a significant overhaul.
The new all aluminium, three cylinder, direct injection turbo petrol 1.2 litre should be competitive and offer a much better driving experience compared to the present iron block, 1.2L indirect injection turbo petrol.
The current REVOTRON 1.2L 3 Cylinder currently in all TATAs is an aluminium block engine. The TATA ZEST and BOLT had the 4 cylinder Iron block engine that laid to rest Along with these models. But they were super refined and smooth.

The current engines developed with BS-6 Stage 2 seems to be well refined and silent as per the auto websites that have shown the engines of ALTROZ and PUNCH in videos. The warranty is also now upped to 3 years and 1 lakh kms that shows the confidence TATA has in their new engines.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 19:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Rumour: Tata Nexon facelift could get ADAS

Under the bonnet, the new Nexon is expected to get the new-gen 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that was announced at Auto Expo 2023. This engine develops 123 BHP and 225 Nm. The current 1.5-litre diesel engine is likely to be offered as an option
That's a healthy jump of torque from the previous engine. 170 to 225Nm. It's almost diesel engine like torque
grshnehete is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 21:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Rumour: Tata Nexon facelift could get ADAS

Attachment 2424712
Tata should update the instrument cluster. It's unfair that the elegant design is undone by an uninspiring LCD implementation. If they start using alloys of EV MAX variant, that's a win in my book.

Last edited by Eddy : 4th March 2023 at 00:37. Reason: As requested
professortarzan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 22:15   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
The current engines developed with BS-6 Stage 2 seems to be well refined and silent as per the auto websites that have shown the engines of ALTROZ and PUNCH in videos. The warranty is also now upped to 3 years and 1 lakh kms that shows the confidence TATA has in their new engines.
Does also help the fact that these mills were offered with 3 year/1lakh kms of warranty back in 2014 which was reduced to 2 years across the lineup with the launch of the tiago so proves the confidence that tata had in its older xeta platform and the lack of which was evident in its three cylinder portfolio
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee420 View Post
Does also help the fact that these mills were offered with 3 year/1lakh kms of warranty back in 2014 which was reduced to 2 years across the lineup with the launch of the tiago so proves the confidence that tata had in its older xeta platform and the lack of which was evident in its three cylinder portfolio
True, older Gen 1.4L Xeta engines were too refined and are still running well. I have seen quite a good number of examples that are still munching mile. But efficiency was not that great.
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Next-gen Tata Nexon has been spied testing.

Attachment 2416517

Source
This looks like CURVVish version of the NEXON to be positioned as second gen NEXON.
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-aaw1zu3.jpeg
Old 4th March 2023, 03:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
This looks like CURVVish version of the NEXON to be positioned as second gen NEXON.
Attachment 2424835
Curvv is the 3 box version of the revised Nexon, very likely to wear similar faces.
shortbread is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 07:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Curvv is the 3 box version of the revised Nexon, very likely to wear similar faces.
CURVV, though longer will be a 2 box car.

I have a strong feel that with the launch of CURVV, NEXON EV MAX will be scrapped and Nexon will continue with 30KW battery pack where as CURVV will get the 40-45KW battery pack.

Secondly the new Nexon may keep the silhouette of the current Nexon but will shift to the ALFA modular platform with all the modern looks that includes the LED strip in the front and back of the cars like shown in the CURVV and HARRIER concepts.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 4th March 2023 at 07:36.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 08:13   #39

Quote:
True, older Gen 1.4L Xeta engines were too refined and are still running well. I have seen quite a good number of examples that are still munching mile. But efficiency was not that great.
Older tata cars were HEAVY,the vista a hatchback was 1035kgs ,the zest 1115 compare that to modern Tatas like tigor which has a kerb weight in 992-1032 kgs. Also tata expected the ones who cared about fuel efficiency to go with diesel ig,the quadrajet was renowned for its mileage .Moreover the fact that the xeta platform was a cast iron block helped the block absorb some of the harshness of the engine unlike aluminium which transmits the vibrations relatively well.As an owner of a revotron Zest,the only thing i can say is the current revotrons are a downgrade except for the fuel economy i hope TaMo has something in line to replace the NA 1.2L in the tiago/tigor.
Banshee420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:42   #40
BHPian

They need to redesign the rear. The previous facelift fixed the front end, but the overdone rear still looks ugly imho. They also need to fix the sloping roofline. Maybe a retune of the 1.5 Revotorq while we're at it? 120 ps/300 nm will not hurt anyone.
SaiSW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 14:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Older tata cars were HEAVY,the vista a hatchback was 1035kgs ,the zest 1115 compare that to modern Tatas like tigor which has a kerb weight in 992-1032 kgs.
Completely agree with you. Also the Current TIAGO and TIGOR are derivatives of Indica platform. They have taken the base pan and built out a new car on it. The wheel base is the same. Also the NEXON is based on Vista's X1 platform. If they move quickly to the ALFA modular platform, the car will be 100-120kgs lower than current NEXON.

Quote:
As an owner of a revotron Zest,the only thing i can say is the current revotrons are a downgrade except for the fuel economy i hope TaMo has something in line to replace the NA 1.2L in the tiago/tigor.
But efficiency is more important. Also that is the problem with all other manufacturers but yhey cose better vibration rubbers. TATA has also done it with the new cars update.
Old 4th March 2023, 18:36   #42

Quote:
But efficiency is more important. Also that is the problem with all other manufacturers but yhey cose better vibration rubbers. TATA has also done it with the new cars update.
Efficiency on the xeta turbo is actually not that bad a solid 14-16 in city and upto 20 in highways i would take that hit for a smoother engine also passive insulation is great when you have noisy and unrefined engines kinda like the accent CRDi but in the long run i dont think these can make do.(idk could be justified for a company thats known for JLRs that leave people stranded on the road )
Old 5th March 2023, 07:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

If this is the same ADAS which they are getting in Harrier, then it's not real ADAS level-2 which we see in MG Astor, Xuv700 or new Honda city.

This is just a emergency braking system. Rest all are warning system gimick, which even a Dash cams does. Unless car has radar with Adaptive cruise control, it should not be even called ADAS not even Level-1.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 08:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Efficiency on the xeta turbo is actually not that bad a solid 14-16 in city and upto 20 in highways
As far as I knew XETA 1.4L petrol ARAI fuel efficiency was 15.3 kmpl. The car in real world conditions gave a paltry 9-10kmpl in city and 12-13kmpl on highways.

The later introduced XETA 1.2L petrol had an ARAI fuel efficiency of 17kmpl. Because of the heavy body and Iron cast block engines, they were gas guzzlers.

The TATA ZEST was also an Iron cast block engines vibrated very less and were quite reliable but were too not that fuel efficient.

There is an old thread by our member Tushky. Read more Technical-stuff -Tata Indica petrol. Why am i getting such low mileage (Tata Indica Petrol - Why am i getting such low mileage?)
Old 6th March 2023, 12:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
If this is the same ADAS which they are getting in Harrier, then it's not real ADAS level-2 which we see in MG Astor, Xuv700 or new Honda city.

This is just a emergency braking system. Rest all are warning system gimick, which even a Dash cams does. Unless car has radar with Adaptive cruise control, it should not be even called ADAS not even Level-1.

I think we should also look at the Vehicle segment. All the other cars with Level 2 ADAS are one or two segments above the Nexon. It's not like these features are useless. I for one would love the blind spot warning on the side mirrors, lane keep warning and the emergency braking. It's not going to drive itself, but it's definitely a step in the right direction to make the car more safe.

Getting these assist features out of the box would be a major win for Nexon customers. I hope this sees the light of day and isn't just speculation
smoes is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks