Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2023, 15:32   #76

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

The only thing missing in Nexon was a proper automatic gearbox. Hope TATA doesn't get greedy with the pricing. Altroz DCA is ~1.3L dearer than that manual. If we extrapolate this to Nexon, they should be able to price Nexon XZA plus around 14.5L (on road, Pune). If they manage to do that, I will not be able to resist getting one!
hitman30 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

New Tata Nexon spotted testing on the Leh-Manali highway.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-20230314_160940.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-20230314_160942.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-20230314_160944.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-20230314_160950.jpg

Source : Motoroctane

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th March 2023 at 16:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The rear seems to have more space inside, hinting at a bigger version than the current-gen Nexon on sale.
Saw this test mule today in Pune. Could not click pics as it zoomed past very quickly. But it did not seem bigger than the current version. I found it to be of the same size and similar silhouette as the current Nexon.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Saw this test mule today in Pune. Could not click pics as it zoomed past very quickly. But it did not seem bigger than the current version. I found it to be of the same size and similar silhouette as the current Nexon.
It is not a second gen of nexon. seems just a facelift with minor changes
rkmountain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:27   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Dual clutch transmission, very simply the latest iteration of the automatic gearbox.
even before I could understand DCT there is talk of DCA now. Which one is better.
Can you list some cars with dct and ones with dca in india
rkmountain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:57   #81
BHPian

Finally Nexon comes with better transmission. I hope Mahindra follows the suit and offer atleast AT in the next iteration of XUV300 to be at par with market.
Old 14th March 2023, 19:00   #82
BHPian

Looks like a facelift with minor external changes(do we really need a change!! It seems to be a bestseller even in its current form).

Hope they get the new GDI engine + DCT on Nexon(it's tata's flagship product for the last 5 years+).

Also, a bigger screen, 6 airbags, 360 deg cam will make it really gain a bigger market share and become the top-selling car soon.

Hope Nexon EV too gets this update from day one
sharathkamath04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 19:02   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
even before I could understand DCT there is talk of DCA now. Which one is better.
DCT as such is a technology. There are various flavors of DCT across manufacturers. For instance, DSG is VW's DCT.

DCA is basically TATA's implementation of DCT created in collaboration with a Belgian company, Punch Powertrain. It has lesser parts than a typical DCT implementation and is claimed to have been aligned to Indian conditions.

There are a bunch of DCTs in Indian market. VW/Skoda offer DSGs and Hyundai/Kia offer DCTs in their turbo lineup.
professortarzan is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 22:30   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wheels?
Off topic - Does the mule seem to have 5 lug nuts? In some pictures I thought I saw that. Or still 4 like current version?

Nexon Ev Max(Discs all-around) comes with 5 lug wheels.
Nexon ICE & Nexon Ev (Discs at the front and rear drum brakes)comes with 4 lug wheels.

Adding these pictures for reference since I don't think most people know about this.

NEXON EV MAX(LEFT)
NEXON ICE (RIGHT)
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-img_20230108_142737.jpg

NEXON EV
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-img_20230108_1432072.jpg

Speculation

Looking at these images ,it looks like the new nexon will come with 5 lug wheels which could indicate all-around disc brakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
HatchMatch is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 01:20   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Tata Nexon spotted testing on the Leh-Manali highway.
I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this facelift. All the spy shots of the mules so far - seem to be of Petrol ICE variants. None seem to be diesel. I sincerely hope (pray rather) that Tata keeps the 1.5 Diesel running in the Nexon and carries it on into the Curvv / Sierra as well when they arrive. Its a wonderful engine for regular usage and is very abuse friendly too. Amazing torque delivery & drivability, coupled with enviable efficiency.

Just hope it does continue & Tata doesn't kill it off. Nexon and Sonet (anyone buys Venue diesel still if its available?) - have a potentially good market share left to themselves in the diesel lovers' area. Hopefully TaMo won't serve it on a platter to Kia. Like they did with the body on frame segments to Mahindra for example.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 05:54   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this facelift. All the spy shots of the mules so far - seem to be of Petrol ICE variants. None seem to be diesel. I sincerely hope (pray rather) that Tata keeps the 1.5 Diesel running in the Nexon and carries it on into the Curvv / Sierra .
If they kept the Altroz diesel when there was every excuse for them to stop so, then I guess they will definitely keep the 1.5l diesel in the Nexon facelift/Curvv. After all the Nexon diesel share is waaaay more than the Altroz diesel share.
Old 15th March 2023, 08:52   #87
Senior - BHPian

They haven't made any changes to that ugly looking exhaust poke at the back? I wish they made some modifications to hide the exhaust!

Nice to see this update coming through. I hope the tail lights are updated with a design change as it's high time
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 11:25   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
DCT is technology and DCA is Tata's style of calling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
Looks like a facelift with minor external changes(do we really need a change!! It seems to be a bestseller even in its current form).

Hope they get the new GDI engine + DCT on Nexon(it's tata's flagship product for the last 5 years+).

Also, a bigger screen, 6 airbags, 360 deg cam will make it really gain a bigger market share and become the top-selling car soon.

Hope Nexon EV too gets this update from day one
With all these implementations, it will cross Cretas and Seltos pricing comfortably by a large margin. With all price increases and variant launches, Nexon D Top end is very very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
If they kept the Altroz diesel when there was every excuse for them to stop so, then I guess they will definitely keep the 1.5l diesel in the Nexon facelift/Curvv. After all the Nexon diesel share is waaaay more than the Altroz diesel share.
Nexon D share is around 10-11% At Max.
Altroz D was expensive and landed in Nexon range, also crossing the 10L barrier and didnt have the much needed automatic. Nexon had at least AMT. Altroz lacked that.
And none of the Diesel Hatches are automatics IIRC.
Altrozed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:50   #89
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this facelift. I sincerely hope (pray rather) that Tata keeps the 1.5 Diesel running in the Nexon
Wish we could get a breakup of the number of diesel variants sold of the Nexon in the past 6 months. Would be very surprised if they discontinue Nexon diesel inspite of its steep price tag. With the facelift I hope they reduce & simplify the number of variants! On Carwale I can count a whopping 53 variants available for the Nexon currently.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
DCT is technology and DCA is Tata's style of calling it.

With all these implementations, it will cross Cretas and Seltos pricing comfortably by a large margin. With all price increases and variant launches, Nexon D Top end is very very expensive.

Harrier XZ Plus Dark was 20.75 vs Tata Harrier XZ Plus is ₹21.77 (difference of 1lk). So if Nexon gets a newer version for say 1lk for Manual and ~1.5lk for DCT still may have a lot of buyers.

Cretas top end is 20lk vs Nexon top end approx 14lk, a huge 6lk gap. only considering top end as DCT and other features are gonna be limited to top ends.
sharathkamath04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks