Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 11:47   #121
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
That looks like a redesigned steering wheel. Is that a screen/touchscreen on it? Or is that like very glossy plastic finish which will end up being a fingerprint magnet? I couldn't spot the logo also on the steering wheel.

The gear lever looks nice and the finish inside on the armrest looks great too.
smoes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 12:53   #122
BHPian

Is this like a deliberate leak? The infotainment and instrument cluster are deliberately not shown. These are two important areas of improvement for the Nexon, especially after seeing the Altroz Racer. Would've been really informative. Anyone in that situation, would've captured them first.
Benoit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 12:54   #123
BHPian

Looks like the steering is the one seen in the curvv concept.
Old 10th April 2023, 13:39   #124
BHPian

It looks like design language of CURVV is used for next gen Nexon. At start of video & in middle when the cameraman takes close to rear bumper & front bumper & compare it with CURVV snaps from expo. it looks very identical.
Old 10th April 2023, 14:02   #125
BHPian

Looks like they are bringing in the family look to Nexon. Looks very punch-esque to my eyes from the front with the DRL and headlight on bumper design.
Old 10th April 2023, 14:15   #126
BHPian

It seems that it’s just a milestone check but not a facelift reveal
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-img_3955.jpeg  

AbhishekNigam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:45   #127
BHPian

Also noticed the blue colored seat upholstery. Don't know how it will look in the final production version.
Hemi6.2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:57   #128
BHPian

yesterday drove friend's nexon petrol amt. AMT is not as good as I thought earlier. There is a jerk while gears get shifted and sudden lack of power in hilly terrain. Anybody felt the same.

A DCT is must if Tata wants to upgrade Nexon. And I think they will.
rkmountain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 18:01   #129
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hope they come up with a proper Automatic (DCT or TC). Nexon really deserves it and not that jerky thing. This is the big reason why I changed my booking from Nexon to Kiger.

Quote:
Spotted again.

https://Youtu.be/iXtA6zAIcuE
From the video, it seems it is proper automatic (look at the gear lever).

The rear wiper position looks awkward to me.

Last edited by satish.gawai : 10th April 2023 at 18:06. Reason: Adding comment on video
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 19:45   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It seems to have new toggle-type A.C. controls, as seen at 00:20.

Also, looks as if they have stuck something like a smartphone on the steering wheel, and it does not have the Sierra-type two-spoke wheel because a gloss-black panel can be seen at the bottom of the steering wheel.

Edit: The steering controls also seem to be changed and match the A.C. controls.

Last edited by daksh0510 : 10th April 2023 at 19:48.
Old 10th April 2023, 20:32   #131

Looks like they have updated the rear too. The tail lights looked like a sore thumb in the current-gen Nexon.

The rear wiper design seems to be inspired by Tucson!
hitman30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:59   #132
BHPian

With all these updates seems there will be a change of Platform too. I am sure that the car will shift to the Alfa Arc platform from the current X1. With so many updates, they cannot keep dragging the X1. Inline with their thoughts, they will shift to 2 platform only line up as decided some years ago.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 10th April 2023 at 23:00.
Old 11th April 2023, 00:52   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Screenshot from the original video posted.
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-screenshot_20230410191409.png

The blue seats (so 80s yet reminds me of current Rolls Royces) and the Cadillac Escalade style concealed on the top rear wiper are reason enough for me to be excited. Only if they had some thick padded plastic or leather inserts on the steering wheel centre instead of that yucky gloss plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
From the video, it seems it is proper automatic (look at the gear lever).....The rear wiper position looks awkward to me.
Looks more like a manual transmission gear lever on closer look. Including the collar to engage reverse. The rear wiper at rest position would be concealed making it super cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksh0510 View Post
It seems to have new toggle-type A.C. controls, as seen at 00:20...Also, looks as if they have stuck something like a smartphone on the steering wheel, and it does not have the Sierra-type two-spoke wheel because a gloss-black panel can be seen at the bottom of the steering wheel...Edit: The steering controls also seem to be changed and match the A.C. controls.
The Sierra concept had a four spoke steering wheel, this looks like a two spoke steering wheel, though the overall styling and the A/C controls have been already previewed in the Sierra concept. While I like the Range Roverish steering wheel, that glossy plastic panels looks yuck. Hope it doesn't have an illuminated logo like the concepts too. Also while other companies are going back to knobs and buttons, Tata is going all touch for AC controls. Those two almost flush toggle switches aren't helping much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
With all these updates seems there will be a change of Platform too. I am sure that the car will shift to the Alfa Arc platform from the current X1. With so many updates, they cannot keep dragging the X1. Inline with their thoughts, they will shift to 2 platform only line up as decided some years ago.
Looking at the overall shape and the centre armrest area, this looks more like a comprehensive facelift. With even the ICE Curvv said to be based on the X1 platform, guess the Nexon will be kept on the X1 platform too for the time being.

Last edited by DicKy : 11th April 2023 at 00:53.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 10:17   #134
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Looks more like a manual transmission gear lever on closer look. Including the collar to engage reverse. The rear wiper at rest position would be concealed making it super cool.
My bad. It is a manual transmission. I still expect them to provide proper automatic TC or at least DCA from Altroz. fingers crossed.
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 10:22   #135
Senior - BHPian

Front design and dashboard is very similar to the Curvv concept. So which car is this exactly? Curvv is the new Nexon or New Nexon is a heavily inspired by the curvv concept. If they are launching Nexon with curvv concept design elements then there will be no point in launching separate Curvv in the future.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks