Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 13:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Mod Note: Our 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Next-gen Tata Nexon has been spied testing.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-63e49a68bf756_720x540.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-63e49af0de2da_720x540.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-63e49b2c8c2a3_720x540.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-63e49b781cfb8_720x540.jpg

Quote:
Redesigned front and rear-end styling, with connected LED DRLs and headlights.

Interior spied with a larger touchscreen with a different layout.

Likely to get more powerful 1.2-litre turbo petrol
Source

Last edited by Aditya : 6th September 2023 at 16:07. Reason: Link to review added
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors rolls out 4,00,000th Nexon; new variant launched

They need to redesign the rear windshield. Make it bigger. Visibility from IRVM is very poor. I had serious trouble while driving in the evening (after daylight) from goa to Bangalore.

Two things that absolutely need improvement : Rear wind shield size, instrument cluster. IMHO, any tachometer needs a needle. Can't check if the rpm is 2200 or 2400 without a needle. Not sure if the new instrument cluster shown in altroz racer has a needle.
Benoit is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
They need to redesign the rear windshield. Make it bigger. Visibility from IRVM is very poor. I had serious trouble while driving in the evening (after daylight) from goa to Bangalore.

Two things that absolutely need improvement : Rear wind shield size, instrument cluster. IMHO, any tachometer needs a needle. Can't check if the rpm is 2200 or 2400 without a needle. Not sure if the new instrument cluster shown in altroz racer has a needle.
Agree with your observations. In addition, I would also like Tata to keep the window line less sloping. This will help shorter occupants in the rear seats feel less claustrophobic. And maybe tone down the funky rear design.
srvm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 22:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Next-gen Tata Nexon has been spied testing - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 10:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Agree with your observations. In addition, I would also like Tata to keep the window line less sloping. This will help shorter occupants in the rear seats feel less claustrophobic. And maybe tone down the funky rear design.
The steep slope/rake of the rear window (my mum stands at a lofty 150cm, and this was her first observation), along with the nod-jerk motion of the AMT was the reason we didn't buy the Nexon 4 years ago. Hope the new engine and design fixes this to some extent, we can consider this car in 1-2 years' time.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 10:57   #6
BHPian

This is probably the first time a Tata car is getting a proper second generation. Till now I have seen Tata use one nameplate till the end of lifecycle, and then discontinue it. Hexa, Zest, Bolt, Vista, Manza all of these cars didnt have a second generation.
saikishor is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:00   #7
BHPian

Hello, if Tata is reading this thread, my wish list is:

1. Well integrated larger 10.25 inches touch screen with wireless android auto & apple car play (which is coming as per rumours)
2. Ventilated seats on top 2 variants.
3. Better quality horn pad on steering (across all Tata vehicles)
4. 6 Airbags on all variants.
5. Factory fitted front dashcam on top 2 variants
6. DCA instead of AMT in XM onwards
GoBabyGo is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:15   #8
srh
BHPian

To me, this doesn't seem to be next gen. Maybe just a major facelift.
srh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:33   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Next gen Nexon at last!!!

Hope this time they give it more cleaner styling. The Nexon's radical styling was needed at that time for TATA to prove a point, but that is not the case now. Just pray that the horrendous digital instrument cluster is done away with.

With the Nexon's strong points being retained hope for

1. No more fussier rear styling and that ill-advised ceramic tile strip.
2. Normal analogue instrument cluster or the digital one shown on the Altroz Racer.
3. Fuel mapping and low end perfomance of the ICE versions.
4. Not expecting a born electric platform, but hope they do the BEV version proper this time. More properly engineered and maybe sacrifice some of the excessive ground clearance to allow rear passengers the same floor height as the ICE version.
5. No one is saying 'no' to more ground clearance for Indian roads, but this time hope the Nexon has a softer suspension setup in exchange for some ground clearance.
6. As usual, expecting improvements for TML's QC/QA.
7. Well though out footwell design and pedal placement.
8. One should feel like they are driving a mini-Harrier IMO (minus the manual tranny clutch/gear tuning and ergonomic disasters)
9. While the 1.2l GDI petrol is expected, hope the diesel is massaged more to give more horses.
10. And please some good automatics. Chuck the AMTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
This is probably the first time a Tata car is getting a proper second generation. Till now I have seen Tata use one nameplate till the end of lifecycle, and then discontinue it. Hexa, Zest, Bolt, Vista, Manza all of these cars didnt have a second generation.
They had some ill-advised generation changes.

The Indica Vista should have been just Indica and the Indigo Manza should have been just the Indigo. Greed from TML to keep on chugging the old generations forced them to put suffixes and prefixes and when those failed give new names like how Indica Vista became Bolt. Same with the Sumo, Sumo victa, Sumo gold, Sumo Grande, Sumo Grande Mark II, Movus charade. And the Storme one where they kept the decades old body while giving a new platform and interiors.

As a former Tata anorak, I had dreamt of Indica/ Indigo having multiple generations like the City, Corolla, Civic, Camry and the Safari taking the fight to the large Japanese SUVs with multiple generations. Sigh. Hope at least from their post 2016 clean slate, they keep legacy brands alive.

Last edited by DicKy : 10th February 2023 at 11:42.
DicKy is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

While every article out there is calling it "next gen" or "all new" - I don't see absolutely anything in the images that indicates so.

Seems more like a midlife facelift to me. The proportions of the A pillar, roof line, and wheel arches together with the shape of the doors and windows are a dead give-away that there are no significant changes in the monocoque structure. Only external cosmetic changes - shouldn't really be termed as a new generation IMO.

That said - I'm honestly glad to see that the X1 platform seems to be continuing on with the Nexon.

Is it some illusion or the rear wiper is now mounted inverted at the top of the rear windshield? Something that will hopefully get hidden once the raked rear spoilers are installed?

What also seems to be interesting (and disappointing) - is that the headlamp cutout in the wrap - is now much lower on the bumper, where the current gen fog lamps are. So - it seems the next iteration will be aligned with the Harrier/Punch design philosophy, with the headlamp cluster mounted lower down, and not at the bonnet edge? Sad!

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th February 2023 at 11:50.
Reinhard is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 12:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Wasn't Hexa the next iteration of Aria?
Wasn't Zest the next iteration of Manza?
Wasn't Bolt the next iteration of Vista?

All of the above can only be considered iterations, not generations; the changes were more on the cosmetic side than in the fundamentals. In fact, it was the leap from Indica to Vista that was substantive enough to qualify as a change of generation! Incidentally, Vista's full name was "Indica Vista" which means Tata used the Indica name over two generations, in line with international practice.

Considering that the car in mask looks more or less like the existing Nexon, I suspect this too would be more like an iteration change than a generational change!
directinjection is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 14:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post

The rear windshield view and the A pillar blind spot ensure that the driver keeps moving his head. Only rolling of the eyes does not help.

Of course, as with all cars one gets used to all the negative things in a few months.
Old 10th February 2023, 15:09   #13
e46
BHPian

Here is my take on revision for Nexon.

Lower the rake of the belt line so as to allow more rear window space. I absolutely feel, Tata designers went overboard in this aspect. I see this same "form over function" approach in Altroz as well.

The Venue and Brezza in comparison look much sensible in this regard.
e46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 16:38   #14
BHPian

Maybe a minor upgrade and not a next-gen Alpha platform update.

But hope to see changes seen in other vehicles at the Auto expo come to Nexon:

* Bigger infotainment & dashboard from Altroz Racer
* DCA from Altroz DCA
* 6 Airbags
* 360 camera from Safari/Harrier
* maybe Dual cylinder CNG
* Maybe a GNCAP rating as a cherry on top.
sharathkamath04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 18:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The car under the camouflage is indeed new gen Nexon but it seems like the test mule has a lot of design elements from Curvv. Then how would they differentiate new gen Nexon from Curvv? The only thing uncommon between them will be just size and features.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th June 2023 at 18:01. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks