Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 18:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors rolls out 4,00,000th Nexon; new variant launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
They need to redesign the rear windshield. Make it bigger. Visibility from IRVM is very poor. I had serious trouble while driving in the evening (after daylight) from goa to Bangalore.

Two things that absolutely need improvement : Rear wind shield size, instrument cluster. IMHO, any tachometer needs a needle. Can't check if the rpm is 2200 or 2400 without a needle. Not sure if the new instrument cluster shown in altroz racer has a needle.
I agree. They say that Digital Instrument cluster adds modern looks to the dashboard but the Digital Instrument cluster from Nexon and Tiago seriously looks like a calculator. An analogue cluster with digital MID would look better and will be much more usable if not full digital cluster.
noblebeam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 01:04   #17
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Well, this is has facelift written all over it. I was hoping they would change platform or reduce the rear slope and make it a bit more boxy but none of that is going to happen. A-pillar blind spot, small rear windshield, small rear seat windows, poor ingress in rear seats for aged people still remain.

Good that infotaiment system is getting an update. MID is certainly going to get altroz racer treatment. I hate these half-analog, half-digital MIDs. Pre-facelift Nexon had much better analog dials. Wish TATA provide Sierra like Digital MID. Also, current centre console deserve to be removed. Altroz has much better centre console.

Nice observation @Reinhard of rear wiper. Good for aesthetic but will make replacement a bit difficult.

Lastly, i hate the direction they are going with front design. I saw a concept in the video of Avinya last year, this resembles that concept completely. I don't like these split design but it is the new trend. So many cars are going this route such as Venue, Grand Vitara, Fronx, Punch, Harrier, upcoming Curvv etc.

Would have loved if they kept current Nexon front design but upgrade the headlamps to Dual LED projectors like previous Brezza.
Looking forward to whatever they are doing.
Also, below is the concept I saw:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-avinya1.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-avinya2.jpg  

Last edited by ramotra3 : 11th February 2023 at 01:06.
ramotra3 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 12:47   #18
BHPian

Hoping for:

1. A smooth, silent petrol with good torque. mated to a real automatic, not an AMT.
2. Entertainment system overhaul, especially the screen. Looks like this is happening.
3. Active safety that can stop accidents or reduce their impacts. like AEB/ Auto Emergency Braking.
4. Hardware needed for #3 can also be used to offer adaptive cruise. Will be great if TaMo can work out tuning for city use vs highway use. Terrific way to attract bookings from buyers with 1yr+ wait times to get their ADAS XUV700s. At far lower price point. Not all of them need a car as big as XUV700.

5. Good looking rear design. That ugly rear must go. Should be doable as new Tata designs are looking better.

6. A design that allows lengthening the car easily.
Not for the petrol, but the design may carry over to the next Nexon EV. Lower EV tax is not limited to sub-4m. A 4.3m Nexon EV Max makes much more sense, as cost differential for TaMo will be minor compared to like-to-like sub4m version. Go after Creta/ Seltos/ Grand Vitara/ Hyrider with the new Nexon EV Max. Longer car can allow a larger battery pack. Go up to 45KWH if not 50.
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 12:47   #19

They should reposition the ORVMs to door mounted ones, as the existing ones obstruct the view from certain angles.
They must reposition the center console in such a way to create more space for bottle holders.
geekyankurr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 14:43   #20
Kln
BHPian

Better designed rear glass pane is number 1 on list for Tata. If they again come up with a chintu mintu rear windshield, then it'll be a major disappointment.

Apart from that, get rid of the AMT Tata! Get a proper TC/CVT!

What we're likely to get it the usual connected car tech advertising blitz with more rarely used features, with 20-50k price hike.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 19:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

That is great news. I really wish they do an attractive rear design for this Sub4m SUV and may be offering a panoramic sunroof (I know it is too much of an ask though)

Between, I always wonder why TATA took the words of 5Star Safety out from their current brochures https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/n...d/brochure.pdf and in the TATA Motors website for TATA Nexon.

Could somebody throw me a light if the current platform is different?

Look forward to your thoughts
Old 11th February 2023, 19:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
That is great news.

Could somebody throw me a light if the current platform is different?
I guess this is because the pre-facelift car had been tested by GNCAP. After the facelift, TAMO changed elements, like making the front more flatter, changing the front grille and headlights, etc., thus they cannot use the previous rating.
daksh0510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 22:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
Between, I always wonder why TATA took the words of 5Star Safety out from their current brochures https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/n...d/brochure.pdf and in the TATA Motors website for TATA Nexon.
GNCAP ratings expire four years after publication and the manufacturer can no longer use them in communications. However Tata stopped advertising the Nexon's rating well before its expiry. There has been some informative but inconclusive discussion on the original thread for the Nexon's five star rating.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 22:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
Hoping for:
3. Active safety that can stop accidents or reduce their impacts. like AEB/ Auto Emergency Braking.
4. Hardware needed for #3 can also be used to offer adaptive cruise. Will be great if TaMo can work out tuning for city use vs highway use. Terrific way to attract bookings from buyers with 1yr+ wait times to get their ADAS XUV700s. At far lower price point. Not all of them need a car as big as XUV700.
The ADAS equipped Tata Safari shown in auto-expo had a radar module on the front. So, Tata's ADAS strategy includes radar module. But, the spy shots do not reveal any radar component on the front and the entire area has been completely camouflaged. So, unless the spy pic is a non-top-end model, expecting ADAS on the upcoming Nexon doesn't seem to be realistic.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 03:19   #25
BHPian

The full-on camouflage hints at reworked or all-new panels and fittings all around. This is good, since the design is now more than 5 years old, and a proper face-lift is due. I'd go as far as to say that an all-new Nexon is due.

I loved the Nexon when it was launched, and loved the face lift as well, especially the front end. But the rear has always been an eye-sore IMO. I am not a fan of the tiny windscreen, and the odd-looking tail lamps. I hope they do a total redesign of the rear this time.

I also hope they make it a bit taller.
vivekgk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:14   #26
BHPian

The areas which can be improved in the Next generation Nexon:

1) Providing proper place for the keeping mobile phone and small nick-nacks.
For this the entire centre console requires a re-visit. The current cubby holes/slots provided in the centre console are good for nothing.

2) Proper legroom for the Driver. The dead pedal/foot rest actually hinders the foot when clutch is pressed. The dead pedal should be removed or moved further to the left. I had a huge problem in getting adjusted to this.

3) The speedometer console looks like a after market fitment. This can be more appealing like Kia Sonet.

4) The white upholstery on the Inner doors require huge maintenance. Better it can be swapped with leather/white plastic material.

5) More color options for Nexon like Punch.
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Made use of some free time and attempted the new look on the current Nexon.

I am sure the upcoming one would be ten times better looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-2024-full-drl-strip.png  

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-2024-full-drl-strip-2.png  

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-2024-half-drl.png  

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-new-vs-old.png  

ashutoshb is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 15:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata Nexon facelift could get ADAS

Last month, we got our first look at the upcoming Tata Nexon facelift, albeit in a heavily camouflaged prototype form. Latest reports suggest that it could be the third model in Tata’s lineup to be offered with ADAS.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-2024-full-drl-strip.jpg

According to a media report, the Nexon facelift could be equipped with an ADAS suite. The system was recently introduced on the Harrier and Safari. It comes with features like high beam assist, lane change alert, lane departure warning, door open alert, traffic sign recognition, blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, rear collision warning, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking.

The report also states that the Nexon facelift could get a new steering wheel. Its design is likely to be inspired by the steering wheel in the Curvv concept. The sub-4 meter crossover is also expected to get several cosmetic updates on the exterior.

Under the bonnet, the new Nexon is expected to get the new-gen 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that was announced at Auto Expo 2023. This engine develops 123 BHP and 225 Nm. The current 1.5-litre diesel engine is likely to be offered as an option.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd March 2023 at 15:56.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 17:11   #29
BHPian

If the ADAS news is true, then it's hats off to Tata for doing everything to keep the Nexon fresh and ahead of the competition.
Old 3rd March 2023, 18:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

The 2024 Nexon will be a significant overhaul.
The new all aluminium, three cylinder, direct injection turbo petrol 1.2 litre should be competitive and offer a much better driving experience compared to the present iron block, 1.2L indirect injection turbo petrol. This engine will also have a 1.5L, 4-cylinder turbo variant that will be fitted to the Harrier/Safari.

Punch Powertrain has also worked on a DCT gearbox to go with the new 1.2L petrol engine. Chances are that the present Magneti-Marelli AMT unit may be ditched and replaced with a Punch powertrain wet clutch DCT.
arjab is online now   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed